The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

everyone comes back...

im waiting on Cathal Pendred's return.

* i don't think Frankie Perez is who he was referencing though. He seems to have retired to enjoy some family time, i do remember a fighter retiring to pursue a career in which he makes way more money than he does in MMA, it rings a bell but i can't put my finger on who it is. Sure he said something like risking potential head trauma wasn't worth the risk anymore.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Also, the stuff that Tooth was saying sounds a bit like his weird sense of humour to be honest. Anyone who's listened to his Motus V podcast will know that he has A weird, awkward sense of humour.

Don't think Din Thomas will make for as interesting a show really.

And on that note, here's the tooth's side of the story on the same show (Bruce Buffer's podcast). I've yet to listen to it as it's 30 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnYrWGt_5I

• Paid Members

Mein is a stupidly fun fighter to watch and, like Ebb said, a young vet. He was handing Alves his arse before Alves landed a nasty body shot that Mein couldn't recover from. And he had an incredible fight with Matt Brown that opened up a Big FOX card a year or two ago.

• Paid Members

There was that guy who won his first fight by knockout. He was a proper backpacker type, who's whole family seemed like awful gap year wankers. He won one and then was like 'nah, life's too short mate. Toodles.'

I'm not massively au fait with this sort of thing, but might that be Tamdan McCrory?

There was that guy who won his first fight by knockout. He was a proper backpacker type, who's whole family seemed like awful gap year wankers. He won one and then was like 'nah, life's too short mate. Toodles.'

I'm not massively au fait with this sort of thing, but might that be Tamdan McCrory?

Nah, it was Frankie Perez. I'm sure of it.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was definitely Frankie Perez.

I cheer anyone who gets out with their faculties in tact, but Jesus, he came across like a right scrote.

Fucking DJ business? Yeah, it was obvious he was coming back.

Hmmmn, i still feel like there was another one who retired following a win. Wasn't McCrory.

Also, the stuff that Tooth was saying sounds a bit like his weird sense of humour to be honest. Anyone who's listened to his Motus V podcast will know that he has A weird, awkward sense of humour.

Don't think Din Thomas will make for as interesting a show really.

And on that note, here's the tooth's side of the story on the same show (Bruce Buffer's podcast). I've yet to listen to it as it's 30 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnYrWGt_5I

I listened to this and Serra's rebuttal of it. TBH its like two children arguing its so daft.

Nick thought they were going to do a Serra BJJ seminar at the Alaska gym on the show. Production told him it would be a flow roll ie the equivalent of a light spar in boxing. They gave him no chance to warm up, you hear him say that on the show but he was like fuck it ok lets roll.

Then Serra wrecks him. Serra was still all salty about the comment Nick made about who was the best wrestler. So he went in 100% prepared to destroy him. Nick was wearing his gyms rash guard and says if he knew it was going to be like a real comp he would have taken it off as him getting wrecked makes the gym look bad. Nick says he has no problem losing to Serra he expects too just the whole thing felt rather set up.

Its all pretty ridiculous but I'd side more with Nick as Serra sounds like a total tool to deal with and it seem rather obvious he wanted to beat Nick the Tooth at BJJ as some kind of machismo, pissing contest on the show to prove a point. Nick seems rather over sensitive but Serra seems like he is still some High School jock.

• Paid Members

Definitely. That's huge news and a massive score for Bellator. They need a Chael P. Sonnen because has that rare ability to make you care enough to check out most of his pre-fight build.

I assume good money and the lack of super strict drug testing played a huge factor. We can all safely assume he'll be on all sorts leading up to the fight.

Archived