WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

A fun couple of hours, with the last few minutes of both ladder matches and the WWE title match being the highlights.

On a different note, was refreshingly old-fashioned to see a match between two regular tag teams with matching looks, and managers no less! Can't remember the last time that happened on a show of this prominence. Wasn't a bad little bout either.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why do you say that? The fact he has a manager or the fact it's Vickie? I don't believe for a second they are 'burying him', he's just won money in the bank for fuck sake.

1) Vickie is a large character. She's there to steal your heat and never let you get a word in. Thats her role. And that's what she does with Ziggler

2) Have a guess who's got the worst win loss record in all of televised wrestling in 2012? Dolph Ziggler with 26 defeats. Bare in mind, this is July. 26 defeats in 7 months on TV. This is more than anyone, including Robbie E and Eric Young. I've been taught by WWE that Ziggler means nothing. So I believe them.

Also the rest of your post isn't relevant to anything. Yeah people like big bumps. That isn't the reason why people invest in characters though. Ziggler can continue doing his big bumps in the midcard doing jobs to R-Truth. You take big bumps while doing jobs. Warrior, Austin, Rock, Hogan and Cena didn't take big bumps. Winners dont.

• Paid Members
Why do you say that? The fact he has a manager or the fact it's Vickie? I don't believe for a second they are 'burying him', he's just won money in the bank for fuck sake.

1) Vickie is a large character. She's there to steal your heat and never let you get a word in. Thats her role. And that's what she does with Ziggler

2) Have a guess who's got the worst win loss record in all of televised wrestling in 2012? Dolph Ziggler with 26 defeats. Bare in mind, this is July. 26 defeats in 7 months on TV. This is more than anyone, including Robbie E and Eric Young. I've been taught by WWE that Ziggler means nothing. So I believe them.

Also the rest of your post isn't relevant to anything. Yeah people like big bumps. That isn't the reason why people invest in characters though. Ziggler can continue doing his big bumps in the midcard doing jobs to R-Truth. You take big bumps while doing jobs. Warrior, Austin, Rock, Hogan and Cena didn't take big bumps. Winners dont.

Agree with the Vickie point, but time will tell, he could ditch her. Edge was with Vickie, worked ok for him.

I still can't help but think he will come good. I agree his loss record is piss poor, but he has the buzz, he's won MITB and I believe he will go on to bigger things. Obviously just my opinion, there was no reason for him to win if nowt comes of it. I didn't say he was lined to be the next hogan, rock etc. They have cena for that, but yes, I do see what your getting at.

And of course people invest in characters that bump, foley, hardy etc made a living from it. This is why the rest of the post was relevant, to show that people reach stardom through their gimmick, they also happened to bump, much like ziggler and I believe he could reach their heights providing he doesn't get jipped.

Anyway, he clearly believes he needs to bump, some like it, some don't and now he has won MITB.

Look at Bryan's win/loss record after he won MITB last year. Hasn't done him any harm.

• Paid Members
Edit : And as mentioned above, the chances of him actually hitting the chair were just that, a chance!

Well he was thrown/dived directly at the chair and it's a small area so the chances of hitting the chair were actually very high.

Look at Bryan's win/loss record after he won MITB last year. Hasn't done him any harm.

Because he was a babyface teasing a heel turn. There's a world of difference. Ziggler can't even cheat to win.

Well he's a heel teasig a babyface turn. Its a very small World remember.

• Paid Members
Well he's a heel teasig a babyface turn. Its a very small World remember.

First off, no he isn't. No idea where you are getting that from, since they haven't even hinted of that onscreen. Secondly, if he was a heel teasing a babyface turn, why would the fans get behind a loser who can't win matches through cheating? That's the point. Bryan lost all the time while he was preparing for a heel turn and when he turned heel he became a cheat and won all the time. Ziggler's a heel trying to win and never does. Why would he consider a life of not cheating? He'd be even worse then.

• Paid Members

Sin Cara really is fucking shit. for a guy who's gimmick is a high flyer he's not really that fast, his moves don't look very impressive and he botches nearly everything up. This guy needs to get the boot and fast. Can't they just put a mask on Tyson Kidd and pretend he's a Mexican or something? When Pac comes in Sin Cara will look even more shit.

Also, when Dolph Ziggler managed to get sunset flip powerbombed face first...what the hell?

wasn't a bad show but it just felt like an episode of Raw. finding that with quite a lot of the PPVs recently.

The booking just seems really odd. They built up Punk Bryan to have some sort of conclusion with the No DQ stip and AJ as ref but nothing really happned to progress that which either means we're getting them again at Summer Slam or they're just going to let it fizzle out. Still a good match as you always get with those 2.

Both MITB matches were OK. Would like to see Tyson Kidd get some more airtime and would be happy to never see Tensai again! Fairly predictable winners in both matches tho.

Sheamus Del Rio was a decent enough match but nothing special really. Thought Del Rio was going to win when he came out with all new gear.

Divas match was above average for what you're going to get from a WWE womens match.

No idea why they didn't do more build to the Ryback match. Even if they just announced it on Smackdown after he had beaten them both individually. Just makes it seems like matches are added at random when they realise they have time to fill.

Not a clue why that tag match was on there, esp when they had a tag championship match on the pre show. Seemed to suck the life out of the crowd as well. If they really had to fill time why not put someone like Ryder out there who at least will get a reaction out of the crowd.

Overall nothing terrible but if i'd paid for it I'd probably be a bit pissed. Hopefully now they've got 5 weeks till Summer Slam they can get a decent build in and have a card full of at least semi-meaningful matches.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a good show, with the Smackdown MITB being by far the best thing on the show (for the right and wrong reasons). Loving the fact that Dolph won, 2013 really could be his year if they book the build up to his cash in right.

The rest of the show was as good as I'd hoped. The Raw MITB was good, with the best moment being Jericho's face when Big Show snuck up on him on top of the ladder. Jericho has had small touches of brilliance since his return that has made me start to like him again. I'm guessing Tensai is so shit that he is no long worthy of the Lord prefix to his name.

Ryback needs to stop squashes like now. This one was by far his worst, proved by the dead crowd. He needs something big at Summerslam.

• Paid Members

Honestly on that bump by Ziggler, while impressive looking, the more you watch it honestly doesn't look that dangerous.

Ok it may seem stupid comment to some based off all the talk on here, but considering some of the other bumps taken in that match, it actually seems one of the more timid.

Basically he's been pitched over a table and landed on some chairs. The chairs as with the safety wall and the mats are covered which would take off some of the impact. With the force of Tensai's throw it may seem a bit stupid on his part, but there's nothing different to that throw than there would be if it was in the ring. Its at the same distance and he would've hit the turnbuckle or the ropes. He even looks like he turns at the last moment before hitting the chairs so that it appears his head is away from the impact. There's no more risk to that bump than there would be taking a powerbomb onto a ladder (as Sin Cara did) All that bump reminds me of is the typical throwing somebody over a table during a bar fight kind of scenario, if Dolph and Tensai can make it look as brutal as it did then so be it.

Personally, I'm probably one of his biggest admirers on here, so it may be a little biased on my part. But his bumping is something I really wish I could do to the level of him. He makes finishers look like finishers, Realistically for someone watching at home, if Ryder landed the Rough Ryder onto someone who just landed on their back it looks nowhere near as lethal as when Dolph turns himself inside out. You want the big moves to look like they've finished the match because you can't control where your body is going. Possibly still as well and I'm probably way off the mark, its still a PG product, meaning its still aimed more at kids than people our age. If they see someone take a huge hit from something they'll react more than if they simply just back bump and finish. It's like kids TV shows, you're always more interested in the ones with explosions than the ones with maths problems.

Personally I'm all for his outrageous bumping, my only negative was him taking the front bump off that sunset powerbomb by Kidd, but that itself reminded me of his bumps from Kofi and Zack's Monkey Flips in the past year.

Archived