WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I thought Punk/Bryan was match of the night, end was a bit flat but up until then it was quality

I assumed Show was going to win the MITB when he twatted Jericho but intrigued now a babyface has the briefcase while a babyface is champion

Smackdown MITB was ok but going in couldn't see anyone but Ziggler or Rhodes winning so wasn't too arsed anytime anyone other than those two were going for the briefcase

Del Rio and Sheamus was a lot better than I thought it would be but Sheamus's title reign still isn't much cop, that's not entirely his fault though I suppose

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Dolph Ziggler's bumps were outrageous in the opener. He seems to want to end up crippled, the way he's going.

I cringe whenever he takes a nutty bump these days and you would think that after Edge's forced retirement he would have toned it down a bit.

Maybe, but edge has retired at a young age, at the top of the WWE, will always have a spot at the company and I imagine has a nice wad of cash from his time on the top.

I'm not saying that it's a brilliant deal, because his body is done (as far as contact sports go), but I can also see why some would risk it all to get to that level, even if that means possibly retiring at a younger age whilst forever being remembered as one of the best.

Again, not saying it's something I would do, but he has risked his body so far and now has a shot at the title. His bumps seem to be paying off for him.

I thought Punk/Bryan was match of the night, end was a bit flat but up until then it was quality

Obviously entitled to your opinion, however I disagree.

The problem I had with this match was that it was difficult to care about what they were doing, knowing that it woudn't lead to the end of the match all the time AJ wasn't out there. When she came back out it picked up and I was interested again.

It was just a silly decision to book her as special ref, knowing that the will she / wont she, who is she siding with, crazy chick schtick couldn't be strung out for the entire match. She took a reletively uneventful bump and missed the next 10-12 minutes or so.

• Paid Members
Maybe, but edge has retired at a young age, at the top of the WWE, will always have a spot at the company and I imagine has a nice wad of cash from his time on the top.

I'm not saying that it's a brilliant deal, because his body is done (as far as contact sports go), but I can also see why some would risk it all to get to that level, even if that means possibly retiring at a younger age whilst forever being remembered as one of the best.

Again, not saying it's something I would do, but he has risked his body so far and now has a shot at the title. His bumps seem to be paying off for him.

When Edge was Dolph Ziggler's age, he could have retired and never worked a day in his life. Ziggler is 32 and currently dead on his arse and going nowhere fast after losing so many times on TV. Its a sad thing that the only noteworthy thing about him is that people compare him to Mr. Perfect. A bloke who was a super worker before spending years collecting an insurance policy for a broken back. If Ziggler wants to do stupid shit, he should save it for big matches. Not shite Money In the Bank openers.

Also there's no excuse to be taking the kind of bump he took from Albert. Incredibly stupid.

How? The World belt means fuck all. At least the WWE belt has you higher up the card and your money goes up. The World belt is basically the European title now. Any clown can win it. Christian, Jack Swagger and Sheamus have held it. They are still scrubs nobody cares about. Fucking hell, Dolph Ziggler even won it for about 5 minutes. Unless they rebuild him (which they probably wont), he's knackered.

I cringed when he took that bump over the announce desk, like Ian said, why do that in a opening match? It'd be a daft bump to take in a main event one on one match but it's insane to take in a multi man match when half the fans are watching the other lads in the match

Call me a sadist, but I enjoy the bumps which I genuinely cringe at.

Good show, I thought. I love multi man matches, so MITB is one of my favourites. The dynamic of the WWE title one made a nice change too, and it was great to see the double hard ladder back, as I thought they'd over looked the fact that last time Big Show was in a ladder match he kept breaking the ordinairy ladder.

The bump shown in the gif is rather safe is it not? he landed on a padded chair and made the most of it. The bit I winced at was when Tensai dropped Ziggles. Very clumsy. I noticed a lot of the ladder shots were failing to connect as well. They were blatantly putting their hands up. I'm, not suggesting they should take a metal ladder in the face but in days gone by the wrestlers were more adept at not blatantly covering their faces.

Is that the case, or do we just notice more these days?

I remember when Virgil smacked Dibiase with the Million $ Belt at the 1991 Rumble thinking it was pretty convincing at the time. Watch it now, and he (Virgil), blatantly has his hand between the belt and Dibiase.

Is that the case, or do we just notice more these days?

I remember when Virgil smacked Dibiase with the Million $ Belt at the 1991 Rumble thinking it was pretty convincing at the time. Watch it now, and he (Virgil), blatantly has his hand between the belt and Dibiase.

I'm thinking it's to do with camera angles... Or maybe it's because I've been watching TNA. I really think TNA is much more hard hitting in that respect. Kicks to the head and all that jazz.

The bump shown in the gif is rather safe is it not? he landed on a padded chair and made the most of it. The bit I winced at was when Tensai dropped Ziggles. Very clumsy. I noticed a lot of the ladder shots were failing to connect as well. They were blatantly putting their hands up. I'm, not suggesting they should take a metal ladder in the face but in days gone by the wrestlers were more adept at not blatantly covering their faces.

It's stupid logic, if I were to hit you would you not put your hands up? You wouldn't stand there and take it unless you were a complete mong. It makes sense for them to do so, the commentators could also explain why they do it instead of being shit.

• Paid Members

When Edge was Dolph Ziggler's age, he could have retired and never worked a day in his life. Ziggler is 32 and currently dead on his arse and going nowhere fast after losing so many times on TV. Its a sad thing that the only noteworthy thing about him is that people compare him to Mr. Perfect. A bloke who was a super worker before spending years collecting an insurance policy for a broken back. If Ziggler wants to do stupid shit, he should save it for big matches. Not shite Money In the Bank openers.

Also there's no excuse to be taking the kind of bump he took from Albert. Incredibly stupid.

How? The World belt means fuck all. At least the WWE belt has you higher up the card and your money goes up. The World belt is basically the European title now. Any clown can win it. Christian, Jack Swagger and Sheamus have held it. They are still scrubs nobody cares about. Fucking hell, Dolph Ziggler even won it for about 5 minutes. Unless they rebuild him (which they probably wont), he's knackered.

32? Fucking hell, I can't believe it, I thought he was mid 20's.

Also, yeah I know, the belt means nowt, but thats not my point, im refering it to being a case of:

A) being in it for the money, or

B) being in it because you love wrestling and want to make it to the top.

If you are not doing it for one of those reasons then what the fuck?

Point being that he has caught peoples attention in the crowd and behind the scenes, generally from his look, his ability, his selling and in reality, his daft bumps.

He is selling a bit of merch, I've noticed a few tshirts in the crowds (not millions), he is getting somewhat of a push and I assume he will start earning a bit more coin.

If the above isn't actually happening then yeah, he's crackers.

And so is anyone who heads a football, drinks pints, smokes tabs or wanks too hard.

This is the same sport where they run the ropes? If they had the energy to put their hands up why would they bother standing upright to walk right into a ladder shot ? They would simply roll out the ring or duck out the way.

By that logic and changing the goalposts, what is the point of wrestling?

This is the same sport where they run the ropes? If they had the energy to put their hands up why would they bother standing upright to walk right into a ladder shot ? They would simply roll out the ring or duck out the way.

By that logic and changing the goalposts, what is the point of wrestling?

Where did I "change" the goal posts? You're saying they should be putting their hands up to protect themselves? No, "logically" they've just been punched full force in the face without putting their hands up (and still staying upright when getting punched) so why the fuck would they put their hands up to protect themselves from a ladder?

Archived