WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

"AJ is still confused...." who fucking cares.............arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!.

...and then the mighty Reks and Hawkins got beat by Ryback :(

I had no problem with the wrestling at all on this show. World Heavyweight Championship MITB was a blinder. Who cares about a few botches here and there cause it was pretty crazy with some nice spots and the outcome was pretty much what everyone wanted.

Sheamus vs Del Rio was good fun too, not a great match, but certainly entertaining and getting a good match out of a lacklustre feud is rather impressive.

Primo and Epico vs Prime Time Players wasnt bad either, just was hard to care, but a decent outing.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan was good, but my lord im so sick of AJ. Couldnt care less about it. I was pretty pissed it wasnt on last but I can see why it didn't go on last with an ending like that. I actually cant stand that the championship match isnt on last.

I like Eves music, and I quite fancy Kaitlyn. Eh yeah....

WWE Championship MITB was great fun too, John Cenas Attitude Adjustment on Big Show was fantastic and his face when he won was brilliant. Good to see The Miz back aswell.

*Negative Nancy Time* Everything is just so uninspiring. I dont want to sound like someone who complains a lot because I love WWE like and I want to be entertained, but fuck me announce some matches that people care about, or at least announce that Ryback is going to take on someone. It makes it feel like Smackdown or something if he just turns up and beats people. Kofi and Truth could be doing better than the Pre-Show. Zack Ryder is doing nothing and no matter what people say about him he gets a reaction, people care and he probably sells a bit of merch so why the insistence on having him in backstage skits when his comedy buddy Santino gets matches. Ryder is far superior in my opinion.

Ah well, it was free I suppose.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a enjoyable free PPV thanks Sky Sports :)

Best match of the night was clearly Smackdown MITB match followed shortly by the WWE Title match, it might of been better if they cut that AJ crap, I couldn't seriously believe D-Bryan couldnt get at that Kendo stick when AJ stood on it.

Can't say I was happy with Cena winning but I am hoping they build Cena up and he becomes the first man to loose when cashing in that contract now.

Well I enjoyed it!

The two Money in the Bank matches were great, enjoyed the World Title one more than the WWE Title one and it was great to see Ziggler get the win, although very scary to see him cash it in (or so I thought) and then have Sheamus Brough Kick him, breathed a sigh of relief when it was announced he hadn't actually cashed in. Tyson Kidd put on some great spots too in perticular the one where he slid the ladder up from the middle rope into the ring holding the top and then went straight from that to powerbombing Ziggler off the ladder in the center of the ring. The Cena winhad me confused at first as I thought it looked as though he accidentally broke the briefcase off, but on second viewing I'm sure that was set up to work that way.

The Title matches, well I thought the Del Rio and Sheamus match was pretty decent, nothing majorly great happened but a nice decent match. The WWE Title, well I was expecting something more with AJ involved, I would have guessed after tonight we would have seen who's side she is on or so to speak, I guessed that's what the whole special ref stipulation was for but it didn't turn out that way, especially as AJ looked confused, angry or upset as Punk was parading the Title and Bryan was on the mat following the match. I would have expected a clear cut screwjob here but now I'm even more confused as to what part AJ is even playing in this anymore. Still it was a good match and nice that Punk retained.

The filler/unadvertised matches, well yeah, fairly decent stuff, nothing over the top and all had some meaning to them so overall a thumbs up from me.

I would say it isn't as great as last year's event, but to be fair last year's was the PPV of the year, in my eyes anyway. I do think it'll be the event where we will look back in a few months or a year or two and say this is where Ziggler's big push began and this is where he started to become one of the top guys. I'm expecting him to be in the main event of Smackdown within the next year. holding the World Heavyweight Title or at least feuding for it and I'm expecting him to drop Vickie as his manager. Also on a quick note it's nice to see Miz back and sporting a slightly new look too, hair and stubble wise.

Punk vs Bryan was brilliant, although the finish looked brutal with Bryan's head bouncing off the mat. AJ did a great job with her expressions, but the crowd were waiting for some storyline advancement. Since it didn't come here, I'm guessing the culmination of the whole feud will happen at Summerslam. I've seen it suggested that Cena vs Punk for the WWE title will headline Summerslam, but it seems odd to me that they would throw away months of work invested in Punk/Bryan/AJ to shoehorn Cena into a WWE title match. Then again, it is WWE.

The Raw MITB was quite fun. If you were expecting 450 splashes and shooting star presses here, you'd be disappointed, but everyone in the match played their part well and told a good story. I particularly like the way Big Show was taken out. The ending was a bit awkward to me, but Cena was the best choice to win, with an outside chance of the Miz.

There's about 6 weeks until Summerslam, right? The only thing I'm certain of is Triple H vs Lesnar, so the next few shows are intriguing in terms of setting the card up.

I've seen it suggested that Cena vs Punk for the WWE title will headline Summerslam, but it seems odd to me that they would throw away months of work invested in Punk/Bryan/AJ to shoehorn Cena into a WWE title match. Then again, it is WWE.

I find that a bit of a odd opinion to be honest. We've had Bryan vs. Punk a hell of a lot in the last several months, and the story was always "Punk vs. Bryan & AJ as the wildcard." How else could it accumulate but with Punk vs. Bryan w/ AJ as ref?

Punk was victorious. End of story. Eventually you just have to stop the fued. Not every match is a story progression... sometimes it's just a match with a winner and a loser. Punk moves on to his next challenger.

And you can hardly say Cena has been "shoe horned" in. He's just won Money In The Bank. The NATRURAL progression is for Cena to come out, cash it in for Summerslam. It also happens to be one year from the event where Cena lost the unification bout from last years Summerslam.... it couldn't be any more natural if you tried.

Just my own opinion on it.

I've seen it suggested that Cena vs Punk for the WWE title will headline Summerslam, but it seems odd to me that they would throw away months of work invested in Punk/Bryan/AJ to shoehorn Cena into a WWE title match. Then again, it is WWE.

I find that a bit of a odd opinion to be honest. We've had Bryan vs. Punk a hell of a lot in the last several months, and the story was always "Punk vs. Bryan & AJ as the wildcard." How else could it accumulate but with Punk vs. Bryan w/ AJ as ref?

Punk was victorious. End of story. Eventually you just have to stop the fued. Not every match is a story progression... sometimes it's just a match with a winner and a loser. Punk moves on to his next challenger.

And you can hardly say Cena has been "shoe horned" in. He's just won Money In The Bank. The NATRURAL progression is for Cena to come out, cash it in for Summerslam. It also happens to be one year from the event where Cena lost the unification bout from last years Summerslam.... it couldn't be any more natural if you tried.

Just my own opinion on it.

Yeah, if it was just a straight match I'd agree. But the storyline hasn't concluded, it's been built around AJ and her allegiance, and that's yet to be resolved. If she had left with either man at MITB, then absolutely, feud over, next challenger- THEN a Cena feud works perfectly. If AJ never interacted with Punk again, and Punk just went to his next feud, I'd be very annoyed at the lack of resolution there.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a canny enough event. I was wrestled out mind as I had been in the lakes for a week and did a Raw, Smackdown, Impact catch up, followed by MITB back to back. (impact pissed on the lot in reality).

Anyway, MITB.

Santino

I couldn't give a shit about as a competitor. Comedy sketches, skits, guest ring announcer/ref/GM etc fair enough, just not a title holder and not a spot in a match like this. In fairness, he was ok and his routine wasn't too much. But yeah, a decent title holder please, he doesn't need it.

Kid

played his part very well. He had a few decent spots and he manages to generally look very smooth IMO. I'd like to hear him more on the mic, probs as a heel, and give him a shot at santinos belt. I never really cared that much for him but his last couple of matches on superstars and his progression on to SD has actually made me take notice. He is a believable small dude who can jump and flip around and knows how to sell, he plays the David to Alberts Goliath brilliantly.

Albert

I can't stand this daft Tensai shite, he will always be Albert to me. As it stands, he's a half arsed monster. 2-3 decent power spots in the match, helped by his opponents.

Best spot of the match, chucking ziggler over the announce table, looked awesome, mainly due to the fact that Dolph was involved.

I wish he had been a bit more dominant, a bit more of the whole 'other 3 wrestlers teaming against him on the outside'. He has glimpses of looking like a monster and then shades of fucking Booger. As stated in other threads, take him off for a month or 2, bring him back repackaged after some form of huge beatdown on his little sidekick.

Dolph

Fucking legend, brilliant display, didnt like the whole 'dying outside the ring/awesome selling' and then he randomly turns in to Bolt and sprints in to the ring and up the ladder. I think it's the only time I've questioned him, but that just me being a pathetic nob. He really is brilliant, I'm chuffed he won, I want him as champ and I want him feuding with punk/Jericho/miz/Bryan as he deserves to be in there with them.

That 'chucked over the table spot' - fuck me.

Sin Cara

Yeah well, did nothing for me at all, a couple of little botches but there was zero presence and I forgot he was in the match at one point.

Christian

A couple of decent spots and a couple of nice looking high risk spears etc and played his part. Not arsed about having the belt on him, but yeah whatever, he needs to be in a feud with someone good, with a storyline. He's a bit beige.

So that was that, best match on the card and overall, pretty good.

Ryback

I think they fucked him on this. He was dominated, yeah ok, by a tag team, but 2 jobbers he has already beaten. They wernt double teaming him really, so the fact they had the upper hand was more down to the fact that they were 'better'. I mean, were not talking the legion of doom or the fucking colossal connection here, they are currently two nobodies that he has beaten.

Yeah he won, but it just seemed a bit wank and i can't tell what the crack is. Are they wanting a legit Goldberg or is it somewhat of a rib?

He isn't bad, he does what's asked but I can't see him being more than an unbeaten mid carder.

Punk/Bryan

Lots of in depth points made pre this post. Was a decent enough squabble but aye, move on time? AJ is a bit overkill right now but due to her recently being the most interesting thing on raw, im not suprised they are over using her. I hope she stays with Bryan and come the 1000th show, she tries it on with the rock, he tells her to fucking 'do one dick head' and a mini feud develops with rock and Bryan.

Tag match

Yeah, was canny, the crowd killed it, pin drops. AW is a modern jimmy hart and I like it. 3 tag teams feuding would be a start to the long over due tag division boost.

Fell asleep before the lasses match and Cenas win.

enjoyed the show. The big matches delivered wrestling and action wise. shame the crowd didn't really care about sheamus vs del rio but they did well. The smackdown mitb was the better of the two. crazy spots, great action and the right winner. That throw from tensai on ziggler was crazy. how henever gets injured i don't know

WWE title match was great. I'll put it up there with the Jericho street fight for best from punk this year. I thought they might not go with AJ siding with anyone. not sure where the story goes from here but guess we will have to wait and see.

raw mitb was good. not as much action as the first but it was pretty dramatic despite the slightly obvious outcome. The possibly botched finish helped a bit with that . great ending out of nowhere. plus we are treated with this image now

walszm.jpg

I can see all sorts of shenanigans at raw 1000 with both titles

Good show, I thought. Pleased with both MITB winners (mind, even though I like Ziggler, I'd have PISSED myself if he'd have lost to the big kick like that, if only for the collective shitfit it would generate), and the Punk/Bryan match wasn't half bad either. Nice to see The Miz back and straight in the Main Event, hope that's not a false dawn for what they have planned for him going forward.

It was a bit of a nothing show in terms of significant developments, but then WWE's been in stasis in the build to Raw 1000, so I figured they wouldn't break down too many barriers with this PPV. Got one more Raw to get out the way then you'd hope things will start heating up again.

Also, I thought of a scenario where they abandon the particular blue/red briefcase-title rules, and Ziggler cashes in on Punk at Raw 1000. Along with that, he bins off Vickie for AJ as a payoff to her story with Punk and Bryan too. Vickie needs getting away from Dolph quicksharp, and I think for any of this AJ nonsense to actually matter in the end, she's got to at least end up shagging another person previously unrelated to the story (or Kane...). Dolph will do, and they might look the part together too.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the opening MITB, and couldn't care less about anything that came after it. Feels like I've seen Punk vs Bryan a hundred times in the last few month, and the match was all about AJ anyway. Sick to death of her.

• Paid Members

Firstly, I think we all need to take a moment to give thanks for the moment that the botch-tastic Sin Cara & Tensai were on the ladder together, and no-one ended up crippled or worse. Minor miracle.

Enjoyed the show, in general. I'm not wholly convinced by WWE's new "hype 4 main matches for every PPV, then add 4 involving lower-card guys on the night" strategy, but I very much enjoyed the Primetime Players vs Primo & Epico affair - really should have been a win for the PTP though, as they've now both been beaten by Primo in singles matches on consecutive Superstars shows, then in a tag team match at the PPV. A win would have been a nice way of showing that they're a force to be reckoned with when they're together, particularly with the tag champs at ringside.

Cena the obvious and, to be fair, logical winner in his MITB match. Assuming he will become the second guy (after RVD) to announce when he's going to cash-in and have it as a normal match, as I can't see them having Cena take opportunistic advantage of someone, face or heel.

Glad to see Dolph pick up the win, it's now time for him to have a run as a face, and this is the exact catalyst for him to do it.

No wonder every time the briefcase has been cashed in a new champion is crowned - it appears to be next to impossible to fuck it up. If you do try and lose the advantage, it just gets waved-off as not a real cash-in anyway.

Archived