WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Point being that he has caught peoples attention in the crowd and behind the scenes, generally from his look, his ability, his selling and in reality, his daft bumps.

He is selling a bit of merch, I've noticed a few tshirts in the crowds (not millions), he is getting somewhat of a push and I assume he will start earning a bit more coin.

None of that has anything to do with stupid bumps. People like him because he's a good worker with a different look. If he has gotten over by taking career shorting bumps, then he's a piss poor worker. If he was over because of dump bumps, Matt Cross would have won Tough Enough and he'd have been a star now.

Also, they bury him every week and have no confidence in him becoming a star. If they had any confidence in him, he wouldn't have Vickie Guerrero and he would have won more than a handful of matches in 2012. They've killed this bloke. Its a shame.

• Paid Members
I cringed when he took that bump over the announce desk, like Ian said, why do that in a opening match? It'd be a daft bump to take in a main event one on one match but it's insane to take in a multi man match when half the fans are watching the other lads in the match

Because after losing so often and meaning so little for so long, and after being overshadowed by the already worn out Vicky Guerrero, taking stupid bumps is the only thing Dolph has left going for him. Every time you read about him on here it's always the same "Ziggler did a massive bump" sort of comment. It's one of his best skills yet also one of his greatest flaws. I think with MITB it's went crossed the line from "great bumps" to "fucking stupid bumps".

• Paid Members

I don't get all the shite about Ziggler's bump over the announce table. It was a visually impressive bump and he landed on a padded chair. It's not like he landed on concrete or anything. It probably didn't even hurt the guy whatsoever.

• Paid Members
I don't get all the shite about Ziggler's bump over the announce table. It was a visually impressive bump and he landed on a padded chair. It's not like he landed on concrete or anything. It probably didn't even hurt the guy whatsoever.

What if he missed the chair? There's a wrestler called Aero Star in Mexico who springboards up to the top rope and just falls back and hopes he doesn't miss his target. He did eventually miss his target and landed back first on the floor. If you are going to do risky shit like that, you are bound to get hurt. The risk involved is super high. Also, padded chair or not, that must have hurt. The pace he was going, I'm surprised he could control his movement.

Also, it was a visually impressive bump that nobody remembered by the second match. The only people who remember it are the ones going "is he fucking dumb"?

You're not serious are you? Throw yourself back of neck first onto a padded chair, never mind being propelled over an announce desk by a gorilla, then tell me it 'probably didn't hurt the guy whatsoever'.....

Edit : And as mentioned above, the chances of him actually hitting the chair were just that, a chance!

• Paid Members

I'm not a professional wrestler who spends pretty much every day of my life landing safely from high impact slams and falls.

On another note, how long has Daniel Bryan worn that trampy jacket to the ring? It looks like crap.

You're not serious are you? Throw yourself back of neck first onto a padded chair, never mind being propelled over an announce desk by a gorilla, then tell me it 'probably didn't hurt the guy whatsoever'.....

Edit : And as mentioned above, the chances of him actually hitting the chair were just that, a chance!

I would hazard a guess and say taking a normal back bump would be much more painful than the chair spot. I think people are being incredibly dramatic when saying it was a stupid spot. Everything in life is chance. I think Ziggler has faith in his own ability to hit the chair spot on. Which he did first time perfectly.

• Paid Members
Point being that he has caught peoples attention in the crowd and behind the scenes, generally from his look, his ability, his selling and in reality, his daft bumps.

He is selling a bit of merch, I've noticed a few tshirts in the crowds (not millions), he is getting somewhat of a push and I assume he will start earning a bit more coin.

None of that has anything to do with stupid bumps. People like him because he's a good worker with a different look. If he has gotten over by taking career shorting bumps, then he's a piss poor worker. If he was over because of dump bumps, Matt Cross would have won Tough Enough and he'd have been a star now.

Also, they bury him every week and have no confidence in him becoming a star. If they had any confidence in him, he wouldn't have Vickie Guerrero and he would have won more than a handful of matches in 2012. They've killed this bloke. Its a shame.

Why do you say that? The fact he has a manager or the fact it's Vickie? I don't believe for a second they are 'burying him', he's just won money in the bank for fuck sake.

Swagger, I would agree with in terms of burying.

Also, 'we' like him because he's a good worker, but you cant ignore that there is a fetish for big bumps, hence why foley, edge, hardys, dudleys etc etc etc etc were loved. Yes, they were good wrestlers with good characters, but in reality the TLC match is/was fucking adored by thousands and thousands of people, and yes, it's partially linked to the bumps.

Plenty will love his bumps, maybe not us, but plenty will, much like we soaked up the original TLC stuff. The difference being, Ziggler now stands out as one of the only people doing it in WWE (maybe for obvious reasons) but either way, it adds to his over all package. It's just not for us, nor his body in the long run.

I would hazard a guess and say taking a normal back bump would be much more painful than the chair spot. I think people are being incredibly dramatic when saying it was a stupid spot. Everything in life is chance. I think Ziggler has faith in his own ability to hit the chair spot on. Which he did first time perfectly.

Oh, absolutely, I'm sure hitting the chair absorbed the impact, but I'd also suggest that landing on the back of your neck would be more dangerous than a normal back bump. And to suggest that there was any form of deliberate break-fall in there is ridiculous, unless you count the chair of course!

Archived