WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Edge and Hardy made their names in TLC matches which was a hell of a lot riskier than jumping on a padded chair, any kind of big bump could be serious by a matter of inches which seems to be what a lot of people are arguing was the stupidity of this.

You have to do something to put it out there and take danger to get yourself ahead, especially if you're a relatively young athlete in WWE trying to make yourself stand out. Dolph is charismatic and solid in the ring/on the mic but the one thing that he is known for at this moment besides his look is his ability to make moves look like death. WWE obviously think it's a good direction/attitude seeming as he just won MITB so why change?

If Edge, Rey, Hardy all are shot in their 50's then i bet they still wouldnt change a thing about their careers, as they probably wouldnt be nearly as popular and rich as they are. Also in regards to "everybody gets injured eventually" why should he change if what he's doing is keeping him uninjured for now? When or if he injures himself than maybe consider he should toning it down a little, until then let the Dolph bumpfest continue.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I honestly can't believe some of the stuff you are coming out with. Its hilarious and quite selfish of you. You obviously believe this whole "kill yourself for money/it makes me happy" shite. Its pointless continuing the conversation on when you are ignoring the points I'm trying to make, because you actually want to encourage wrestlers to end their careers in a physical mess by the age of 38.

I personally think all this "Dolph is over because he takes dangerous bumps" stuff is retarded. Taking stupid bumps isn't why Edge became a star. If it was he'd have been a star long before 2006 (when he had the midcarder tag). For all the bumps Hardy took, if he didn't have the character and the natural charisma to make young kids and girls love him and buy his shit, he'd have been stuck in the midcard tag positions forever. What makes you a star is connecting with the audience and presenting yourself as a star. Ziggler has the ability to do that. But you are completely wrong when you say that is what is making him stand out. Especially when nobody talks about them at the end of the night.

WWE obviously think it's a good direction/attitude seeming as he just won MITB so why change?

26 televised jobs in 2012. One Money in the Bank win against a bunch of nobodies for a title shot at the new European belt. WrestleMania here we come, baby!

26 televised jobs in 2012. One Money in the Bank win against a bunch of nobodies for a title shot at the new European belt. WrestleMania here we come, baby!

Thing is though, nobody counts the number of televised jobs so far this year apart from you, nobody cares.

Daniel Bryan was in the same position this time last year, and look at him now. He's incredibly over by WWE of 2012 standards.

It will be tough for them to get Dolph to that level because IMO he isn't the talent that Daniel Bryan is, but it could happen.

The "Ziggler's bumps are getting him over" attitude is fucking retarded, I can understand why Ian is banging his head off the wall here.

I know they're painfully obvious examples (but they're so painfully obvious, they might make you think otherwise), but Hogan and Austin made their millions whilst bumping as little as possible. Hogan knew not to chuck himself all over the shop because he could work without it, and Austin would be in a wheelchair. It doesn't make you millions, or connect you any more with an audience. I would stretch to say that's not even an opinion, that's a fact. Bumps are good in a moment, but without a character to connect the audience to the bump, it's worth about 20 quid and a bus fare home. Mick Foley getting chucked off the Cell vs Kanyon getting chucked off the cell. Jeff Hardy getting hoyed through a table vs Spike Dudley nearly getting murdered going through one from La Resistance. One is money because of the guy doing it, the other is a few replays, some credibility off the internet crowd, and your P45 in 3 years time because you're not over any more.

The best bump Ziggler ever took from the 60 million he's done in the last two years was the monkey flip at Vengeance vs Air Boom for the tag titles. That PPV was a load of shite, the company was really getting behind him, and he took a relatively safe in-ring splat on his face which everybody was talking about after both the match, and the PPV. If he was an over character too, they'd have actually replayed that more on telly, and used it to get him more over. But he hasn't quite got there yet, and if he thinks the bumps will be the thing to get him over the top, he's mental. Getting chucked over that table was a cool visual from a show with shitloads of talking points. It meant fuck all beyond the 10 seconds or so it lasted.

I like Ziggler enough, but over the last 18 months, the net has reached a level of rose-tintery not seen since before Benoit went mad in terms of their expectations for him. The comparison to Mr Perfect is fair from a bumping point of view, but Hennig was 80 times the pro wrestler Ziggler currently is, and even he never rose above a certain level. I would love Dolph to reach the top level, but I bet you when they're actually ready to take the plunge with him, the bumping will get scaled right back and the net crew will whinge how he's not as good anymore.

Why are you making out that no one could possibly think Ziggler is mid-20s

Because to think that, they'd have to think he was about seventeen when he was Kerwin White's Caddy.

Daniel Bryan was in the same position this time last year, and look at him now. He's incredibly over by WWE of 2012 standards.

It will be tough for them to get Dolph to that level because IMO he isn't the talent that Daniel Bryan is, but it could happen.

Daniel Bryan wasn't in the same position. He'd not been near the world title and largely away from the main eventers so it was a fresh scenario. Dolph Ziggler has spent a year and a half losing really long world title matches on a regular basis. You can have someone lose so many world title shots and have the "will this be his moment?" appeal, butyou have to be careful and for me, he's past that point now. This year, he's lost seventy-two times to Sheamus, and none of the matches even had a storyline. Ziggler around the world title is old hat already.

Why are you making out that no one could possibly think Ziggler is mid-20s

Because to think that, they'd have to think he was about seventeen when he was Kerwin White's Caddy.

Just to that point, not a whole lot of people remember Kerwin White, let alone his caddy. I had forgotten until I read that, and was thinking, "Why are they saying Ziggler has been on the roster 7 years?" I remember him debuting against Batista in 08, but it takes a decent bit of recall to go, "Oh yeah, he used to wear a cheerleading outfit."

But yeah stupid bump, he could have just hit the announce table and slid, but no, he had to do a big fuck off cartwheel somersault deal into a crash mat as big as Booker T's arse. What made him think a move like that would stand out in a MONEY IN THE FUCKING BANK ladder match?!?

• Paid Members

Have to disagree with that point, over the week I've had people asking me about the chair bump and saying how cool they thought it looked. General casual fans, that kind of stuff.

Question though, would people be up in arms about the spot if he didn't land on the chair but instead was thrown the exact same distance and way but instead hit the barrier or just went across the floor?

Is it the whole uncertainty of the chair in play (which I still think must have been a planned spot beforehand so thoroughly worked out- but I think I'm alone on that one) that has people annoyed?

Maybe it's just me, and I'm a fan of Ziggler, but I enjoy watching him because the guy is just full of Charisma and has a presence in and out of the ring.

I honestly don't remember him for his crazy bumps, and more for the fact he's easily one of the best heels the company has. He's the bad guy and he makes it look cool.

Archived