WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A fun couple of hours, with the last few minutes of both ladder matches and the WWE title match being the highlights.

On a different note, was refreshingly old-fashioned to see a match between two regular tag teams with matching looks, and managers no less! Can't remember the last time that happened on a show of this prominence. Wasn't a bad little bout either.

In fairness, I think it only happened because WWE has this Primo/Epico vs AW feud that has to be addressed somehow, but doesn't want to waste valuable Raw TV time on it. Whereas on PPVs, people have already paid and so aren't going to switch over when some no-marks turn up, and there's loads of time to fill because the cunts don't build up enough matches.

I haven't seen Raw yet, so maybe the Prime Time Playas or the Colons were on it this week.

There's no more risk to that bump than there would be taking a powerbomb onto a ladder

Yeah, if the ladder had arms.

Things are so timid that the chair bump was seen as really dangerous. I've seen plenty worse. There was risk involved, but I've no doubt that he knew he could control himself.

There were parts where ladders were landing on people. Big Show threw a ladder on Kane from inside the ring to the outside as he lay and got him near the collar and Miz almost took one in the face.

• Paid Members
Things are so timid that the chair bump was seen as really dangerous. I've seen plenty worse. There was risk involved, but I've no doubt that he knew he could control himself.

How? How do you control yourself when you've flipped yourself arse over tit for a short distance bump such as that? If being timid means that one of your top workers isn't putting himself in danger by taking an uncontrolled bump from a dangerous fat bastard then I'm fine with that.

I don't agree that he needs to take these bumps and I think the focus is too much on how good he made a move look rather than how good the other bloke did the move. I think it's a detriment to him moving up the ranks, and he should work smarter and not harder.

At the same time, it's like taking a beale like throw. He got it right and he's got plenty of other bumps right. In fact, what is his injury record so far? When you practise throwing yourself and bumping so often, you're going to have a better understanding of what you're capable of doing than others. I'm not saying the bump was necessary, just it wasn't as dangerous as people are making out. Also, if you aim yourself above the arms you're likely to be fairly safe.

• Paid Members
I don't agree that he needs to take these bumps and I think the focus is too much on how good he made a move look rather than how good the other bloke did the move. I think it's a detriment to him moving up the ranks, and he should work smarter and not harder.

At the same time, it's like taking a beale like throw. He got it right and he's got plenty of other bumps right. In fact, what is his injury record so far? When you practise throwing yourself and bumping so often, you're going to have a better understanding of what you're capable of doing than others. I'm not saying the bump was necessary, just it wasn't as dangerous as people are making out. Also, if you aim yourself above the arms you're likely to be fairly safe.

It's beell, for Fred Beell, but that's an excellent slip-up. And I've got to watch this match - it sounded dangerous as hell in the chat, and I really hate fat Albert.

• Paid Members
I'm not saying the bump was necessary, just it wasn't as dangerous as people are making out.

Such bollocks. Why are people jumping to the defense of an obviously retarded bump? If this happened on a CZW or a ROH event people would be going batty about it and calling it stupid. If you don't have a problem with seeing someone do something stupid, that is fair enough. But don't act like it was something it wasn't. The pace he was going and the positioning of his body is completely stupid. Not only stupid. It was unnecessary. He was winning the match. He didn't need to throw himself about. How many times did they mention it afterwards? I don't think they ever did. So what was the point?

Also look at who he's patterning his career after. Mr. Perfect. He had a relatively injury free career until he broke his back aged 33. If you throw yourself about with reckless abandonment, it'll catch up with you. If he's as good as people say he is, he doesn't need to do stupid shit like that.

I agree he doesn't need to do that bump and I've said long ago it's doing him no favours trying to make everything look explosive. If he chose his moments, it'd be more effective and I'd think the other person looked good. I'm not even convinced that's his goal though. It seems more like an attention thing.

Looking at the video again, it looks worse than I remembered. It wasn't the most clever bump, especially as it was insignificant, but at the same time the chairs are pretty padded. He wouldn't have done that if they weren't. I weren't thinking potential broken back when I saw it more than I would someone getting back body dropped onto concrete.

Risk vs. reward, did he need to do it? No, but there's plenty of bumps in history where the risk was greater than the reward. I don't think comparing Mr. Perfect to Ziggler to back up a point is fair. Mr. Perfect likely wrestled in stiffer rings for one. Most of Ziggler's bumps are explosive, but not necessarily dangerous. He's not throwing himself through tables and the like every week.

Ziggler is a mid 20's? athlete trying to carve a niche for himself, he has already proven that he is a great bumper and has unbelievable flexibility for taking these bumps so it's really not a big deal. He is simply trying to make himself stand out in a midcard where he is given no mic time and room for personality deveopment, if Foley had never thrown himself off or through a Cell he wouldnt have gotten where he did quite so fast- and what Dolph is doing is nowhere near as dangerous.

• Paid Members
Ziggler is a mid 20's? athlete trying to carve a niche for himself

Ziggler is 32, been on the Roster for 7 years and is still throwing himself about hoping to get noticed. No idea where you are getting the idea he's in his mid 20s.

If Foley had never thrown himself off or through a Cell he wouldnt have gotten where he did quite so fast

Well ... thats the point, isn't it? If Foley didn't throw himself off the cell, he could have had a longer career and wouldn't be doing documentaries on TV shows showing him not being able to put his own socks on.

Ziggler is a mid 20's? athlete trying to carve a niche for himself, he has already proven that he is a great bumper and has unbelievable flexibility for taking these bumps so it's really not a big deal. He is simply trying to make himself stand out in a midcard where he is given no mic time and room for personality deveopment, if Foley had never thrown himself off or through a Cell he wouldnt have gotten where he did quite so fast- and what Dolph is doing is nowhere near as dangerous.

Dolph will turn 32 a week tomorrow and Foley has practically destroyed his body for his success. He's not exactly the model to follow.

Ziggler is a mid 20's? athlete trying to carve a niche for himself

Ziggler is 32, been on the Roster for 7 years and is still throwing himself about hoping to get noticed. No idea where you are getting the idea he's in his mid 20s.

Why are you making out that no one could possibly think Ziggler is mid-20s when people have already expressed they were surprised he is 32? He's older than I thought too.

Dolph will turn 32 a week tomorrow and Foley has practically destroyed his body for his success. He's not exactly the model to follow.

Well i was just guessing, as he looks younger than that.

Ask Foley if he thinks throwing his body off a Cell was worth it for the notoriety/fortune that came because of it, and essentially that's where Dolph is trying to get to. No matter how "safe" you work eventually you will get injured, if you're a bump machine like a HBK/Perfect or someone like HHH/Cena/Batista/Hogan.

Also how do you know Dolph has destroyed his body? He looks to be in the best shape of anybody in the WWE right now.

• Paid Members

I'm quite surprised there's been such discussion of that chair bump and i'm going to hate myself for getting involved...but when he was launched Booker and co. were still more or less seated but moved at the last second. Unlikely but there may have been a lack of communication between parties there.

Well he's a heel teasig a babyface turn. Its a very small World remember.

First off, no he isn't. No idea where you are getting that from, since they haven't even hinted of that onscreen. Secondly, if he was a heel teasing a babyface turn, why would the fans get behind a loser who can't win matches through cheating? That's the point. Bryan lost all the time while he was preparing for a heel turn and when he turned heel he became a cheat and won all the time. Ziggler's a heel trying to win and never does. Why would he consider a life of not cheating? He'd be even worse then.

That would be easily explainable with his current situation as there does seem to consistently be a portion of the crowd behind him and itching for him to break away from Vickie. He's believing in himself more and more and eventually realises she is the reason for his poor record and the cheating ways are actually holding him back.

Archived