Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting question. Would you give up traditions of your club in order to succeed? Revie changed Leeds' kit from yellow and blue to white and they were promoted, then won the league title within the first two years of wearing it. Cardiff were, by all accounts, heading for administration until this new owner saved them, but he wants to see them in red wearing dragons on the badge and so far it seems to have worked.

Personally, I'd rather have a successful club than run the risk of not having one at all. The 'Cardiff Red Dragons' thing might be a bit too much, though.

Portsmouth are now officially community-owned and out of administration.

The PST has finalised its purchase of Portsmouth Football Club from administrators at accountancy and business advisory firm BDO LLP.

Trevor Birch, joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club (2010) Ltd and partner at BDO LLP, said:

• Paid Members

Well, that game sucked. Would've been more shameful to go down with that result.

There was talk of delaying the Pompey deduction to next season, which would have been unfair given they were at the mercy of the courts. With the crowds they can get, they're a solid second tier club. When are people going to start heeding the warnings and learning the lessons of these clubs.

Thanks Jaffa. Out of interest to all the English here, does the South Wales Derby interest you at all? I love Derby games personally and I always try to watch them but one derby that I never felt excited for was/is Aston Villa vs. Birmingham despite both teams being relatively big (ish). Where would the South Wales derby rank with everyone else?

To answer Mikey's question I would much rather see a red Cardiff play in the premiership than a bankrupt Cardiff play in League 2 facing a possible 10 point deduction. We haven't left the city and Cardiff is still in our name, if any of that changes then so does my opinion but for now I am a happy Cardiff City fan. Also I give handjobs for a tenner if any one is keen?

;)

Massive congratulations to my hometown club Doncaster Rovers for winning League One at the first time of asking in the most mental way possible. What a day! I don't go down nearly as much as I should and I wouldn't claim to be a supporter, but I'm always glad to see them do well. Ziggah zaggah indeed.

• Paid Members

Seemed absolutely mental on Soccer Saturday on Sky.

Brentford missed a penalty, in the last freaking minute, that could have won them the league and promotion (poor guy, how is he feeling? Jeezo) then it bounced off the crossbar. Doncaster went straight up the other end, Hollywood style, and scored.

Seemed absolutely mental on Soccer Saturday on Sky.

Brentford missed a penalty, in the last freaking minute, that could have won them the league and promotion (poor guy, how is he feeling? Jeezo) then it bounced off the crossbar. Doncaster went straight up the other end, Hollywood style, and scored.

Poor guy? More like utterly selfish. Trotta isn't the usual penalty taker, and grabbed the ball to hog the glory.

Poor guy? More like utterly selfish. Trotta isn't the usual penalty taker, and grabbed the ball to hog the glory.

That's pretty much my feelings on the matter. He's a Fulham loanee and will almost certainly not be at Brentford next season, so there's no consequences for him, only glory if he succeeded. He wrestled the ball off their captain as well.

• Paid Members

Reminded me of Kermogants chipped penalty for Leicester in the play offs a few years back, they pretty much exiled him for it afterwards so like you say lucky for him he's a Fulham loanee. I'd expect him to be at a Championship club at the least next year though hes looked tidy at League one level for Wycombe last year and Brentford this.

Got to say i was gutted as a Walsall fan we lost on the final game of the season. Fair play goes to Crewe who put out a full team of academy trained players (first ever team to do that). Hopefully next season can be good for the saddlers we've just got to rely on players signing down for another season/two now.

Millwall/Palace was a cure for insomnia last night. I think one team could be relegated, the other could miss the playoffs. They're both that bad.

It was a local derby. Plenty of dog shit ones in the prem over the last few years. Perhaps the tension of the occasion didn't translate to the casual fan as I know some Palace lads that were there and said it was unbearable.

If Palace make the playoffs, they'll either a) get slaughtered or b) get promoted. They've been on such a terrible run, you'd hope they play with a bit of freedom.

Archived