Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

• Paid Members
Will be very strange to see Brentford and Yeovil play off for a place in the Championship, though I fear the second tier will make mincemeat of the both of them.

Almost definitely, we don't have the infrastructure in place but it would be a great experience and bring some needed money into the club to set us up in the future. The thought of us in the championship is pretty mind blowing.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What an absolutely fantastic season this has been for Brighton, I thought we'd have an outside shot of the playoffs this season and maybe scrape 6th but Poyet has made some great signings and uncovered a real gem in Leo Ulloa is January. This has resulted in a 4th place finish only 4 pts off an automatic promotion place in the end setting up two massive games against Palace for a place in the play off final. I know form doesn't count for much in the playoffs but we go in on the back of 9 unbeaten games 5 wins and 4 draws with all of our players putting in some great performances. It's going to be two nerve racking games over the weekend and massive bragging rights for the winners and total misery for the losers.

It's 22 years since we last had a chance at promotion back to the top flight, I was still at school then, I am now fast approaching 40 and still as excited as ever at the prospect of the play offs and what promotion would mean.

There has to be an article out there called "How to get double-relegated like Wolves", they just won't learn! They stumble from blunder to blunder. They should have stuck with McCarthy or Solbakken or even Dean Saunders now. The chairman and upper management have fucked this up royally.

I think they must be going for getting relegated from Prem to Div2 for the second time to win something. :laugh: We did it first, Wolves did it, and now it looks like they are doing it again!

Shame about Kenny Jackett, as much as I have no time for Millwall, they are punching above their weight and have done well to stay where they are. Will have to see what happens next.

Shame about Kenny Jackett, as much as I have no time for Millwall, they are punching above their weight and have done well to stay where they are. Will have to see what happens next.

I've said before that crowds of 12,000 are no longer enough to sustain football at this level. Yes, you'll get a fluke season from somebody every few years, like Blackpool, but ultimately it's all about the money. Leicester can afford to have an unimaginative hit-and-miss transfer policy because there's a willingness to financially sustain a steady top half squad and to throw good money after bad.

It's difficult to see what can be done differently at the Den. There's still very little money, they're still reliant on free transfers and loan deals and the realists - the board being among them - see that there's only so much that can be achieved and they'll be very hard pressed to find somebody who can do even an equal job, let alone a better one.

• Paid Members
There has to be an article out there called "How to get double-relegated like Wolves", they just won't learn! They stumble from blunder to blunder. They should have stuck with McCarthy or Solbakken or even Dean Saunders now. The chairman and upper management have fucked this up royally.

Should have sacked McCarthy the season before.

Should have kept Solbakken and allowed him to bring in the players he wanted, after selling Fletcher for a fortune he was told he couldn't get Jordan Rhodes for

• Paid Members

As a Millwall fan I'm sorry to see Jackett go. He's done a fantastic job considering what he has to work with. Whoever takes over won't have an easy job next season that's for sure. Personally, I'd like to see Owen Coyle or Darren Ferguson take the job, though there's talk of Neil Warnock. Be interesting to see what happens whoever gets it.

Should have kept Solbakken and allowed him to bring in the players he wanted, after selling Fletcher for a fortune he was told he couldn't get Jordan Rhodes for

• Paid Members

Wake me up when they reach our record of a third successive relegation. Not even Pompey managed that.

Wake me up when they reach our record of a third successive relegation. Not even Pompey managed that.

They already have, only 5 years after we 'achieved' it. Luton have technically also fallen as far in as little time since, albeit not from the top flight, and (like Portsmouth) with the aid of points deductions.

• Paid Members

They already have, only 5 years after we 'achieved' it. Luton have technically also fallen as far in as little time since, albeit not from the top flight, and (like Portsmouth) with the aid of points deductions.

How dare you infer that Bristol City aren't the nadir of the football league! Such talk should be banned.

Karl Robinson is the most overrated manager in the four divisions. He has a profile based on being the youngest manager in the league but he's had one of the biggest budgets in League One, a supportive chairman and favourable media coverage. There's no pressure and yet he can't deliver. He's like Lee Clark without the long undefeated run.

Karl Robinson is the most overrated manager in the four divisions. He has a profile based on being the youngest manager in the league but he's had one of the biggest budgets in League One, a supportive chairman and favourable media coverage. There's no pressure and yet he can't deliver. He's like Lee Clark without the long undefeated run.

Beat me to it Mikey but you've summed up my own thoughts perfectly.

He's full of himself but I just can't understand why.

He also seems to have a strong dislike for Sheffield Wednesday which I don't understand because we've let him have a number of our cast off's over the last few years.

Lee Johnson's youngest manager now for Oldham isn't he? Will totally agree with your sentiments about Karl Robinson otherwise though.

In other news John Pemberton is our new Assistant Manager after Richard O'Kelly upped and quit last week. Rumours that Sean O'Driscoll to go to Wolves, remain however. Brian Tinnion is being tipped to return to the club in some capacity after finishing his work in Malaga for his Soccer School.

Archived