Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

• Paid Members

I bloody hate football right now. Monday night hurt, we just didn't turn up and play our game and Palace deserved to go through. I hope Watford do them in the final though.

I was just getting over the loss and starting to think about the positives of the season when news came in last night that Gus, his assistant manager Mauricio Tarrico and the first team coach Charlie Oatway, have all been suspended by the club and told not to contact any of the players. There are various rumors going around about why this has happened.

They include Gus has been tapped up by another club and has agreed a deal to take Tanno and Charlie with him. He has told the players he doesn't know if he is going to be manager next season (this is a fact he has told them this) but has then refused to deal with players contracts/releasing players which he should be doing as he is still manager and this is part of his duties. There has been a big falling out between Gus and Chairman Tony Bloom over next seasons playing budget, Gus offered his resignation but the club refused to accept to protect the compensation clause in his contract. The last rumor and possibly the most bizarre is that the Palace players and management staff returned to their dressing room at half-time on Monday night to find someone had done a poo in the middle of it (I thought this was limited to pro wrestling locker rooms and Robbie Savage).

The club are remaining fairly tight lipped other than to say they have been suspended and the club are following their own internal procedures and will make no further comment at this time. I don't see anyway back now for Gus it looks like a brilliant 3 and a half year period in the clubs history is over. Gus has been nothing short of revolutionary and changed pretty much every facet of our playing style and approach. He's brought in some fantastic players, given us a league title and got us to a play-off semi for a place in the Premier League, something even the most optimistic Brighton fan wouldn't have thought possible when he took over a Brighton side scrapping it out at the wrong end of League 1 in November 2009.

The club need to replace Gus with a manager with similar philosophy and approach to the game as we've got a very talented squad capable of playing great football when they get it right. With the increased capacity at the Amex we should be seeing crowds of 30,000 week in week out next season which will be fantastic but the club need to continue getting it right on the pitch and build on what has been a great season overall.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bloody hate football right now. Monday night hurt, we just didn't turn up and play our game and Palace deserved to go through. I hope Watford do them in the final though.

[snip..]

Was wondering if there was more to the suspensions that met the eye. A completely odd and baffling situation. Off to Everton, tapped up elsewhere or, discipline issues ala 'Mad Dog' Allen at Cheltenham?

• Paid Members

Today's the day. Waterloo was absolutely buzzing with Yeovil fans. Just done the tour to family of where I work on London and now we're off to Wembley.

DAY OR NIGHT, WE'RE GREEN AND WHITE, WE ARE YEOVIL TOWN OO-ARR

Buzzing.

• Paid Members

Some achievement Yeovil getting into the Championship, Brentford were all over them and they were really lucky to hang on. Always like to see small clubs do well though, heartbreak after heartbreak for Brentford.

• 2 weeks later...

As we have no new thread, it looks like Kenny Jackett will be the new Wolves head coach as they're restructuring under former academy chief Kevin Thelwell. Steady pair of hands, has got promotion out of that division on a much-lower budget and he'll likely be a success if he can stop Wolves being Wolves.

Archived