Butch And D-Mal's James Bond Learning Tree Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Confirmation that MGM are moneygrabbing twats who have to wring 7 more months of hype because of manflu

There's your fix.

Edited by seph

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Terrible article by a terrible person but it had a link to this great one so not all is lost. 

The Guardian view on Test Match Special: 60 years of tacit pleasure

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/the-guardian-view-on-test-match-special-60-years-of-tacit-pleasure?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

That article makes me sad.  TMS doesn't even cover all the tests and one-day internationals any more, does it?  Cricket is dying a slow, agonising death in this country.

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

I know nothing of David Mitchell outside Peep Show but it doesn't matter because Roger Moore IS the best bond no matter what he fucking says.

• 1 year later...

So, what’s people’s thoughts? I know some reviews have said it felt too long, personally I felt the pacing was alright, but perhaps there was too much filler when there could have been a bit more focus on key series plot points. 
I’ve seen this mentioned and gave to agree that Daniel Craig’s performance may be the best ever performance of Bond. 

Spoiler

I thought the ‘we have all the time if the world’ throughout was beautiful and I’ll admit I cried when the inevitable happened.

I wonder if there is going to be a reset now with Leiter, Blofeld and Bond all dying. 

What I really didn’t like was the apparent lack of accountability with M. I’d expect the others to be angry with him as a large part of Bond dying was his fault

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

So, what’s people’s thoughts? I know some reviews have said it felt too long, personally I felt the pacing was alright, but perhaps there was too much filler when there could have been a bit more focus on key series plot points. 
I’ve seen this mentioned and gave to agree that Daniel Craig’s performance may be the best ever performance of Bond. 

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the ‘we have all the time if the world’ throughout was beautiful and I’ll admit I cried when the inevitable happened.

I wonder if there is going to be a reset now with Leiter, Blofeld and Bond all dying. 

What I really didn’t like was the apparent lack of accountability with M. I’d expect the others to be angry with him as a large part of Bond dying was his fault

I posted my thoughts in the general movie thread. I wasn’t a fan 

Spoiler

I didn’t think it was an emotional send off. Literally the message was after everything the only thing that can kill bond is a load of missiles. The family for Bond was for me a stupid plot device. Remi Mallick bought nothing to the table. Ana de Armas was the best thing by a country mile. The 007 bait and switch was predictable and I didn’t think Nomi was a good 00 agent. Some nice call backs and jokes but the whole thing was just meh.