Game of Thrones: book thread

Burchill's Buddy

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Another great episode. It was a lot slower paced but it's nice to have a breather before all hell breaks loose in the final 3 episodes. Alot of the characters were fleshed out which is important, otherwise the characters will just feel like plot devices.

The Jamie scenes were probably my favorites, especially his second one with Cat. He seems to be the one man in the whole realm who can see the madness and bullshit all around him.

The big shot of Harrenhall was wonderful, showing what a fucked up and dead place it is.

Even though this was a slower episode than others, it still featured the burned bodies of two kids. HBO have got guts like no other TV channel has ever had before.

I cannot wait to see the House Of The Undying. I enjoyed the final Qarth scene this week with Xara taking power and the creepy magic that followed. The previous scenes with Dany going on about her birthright etc. were pretty boring however.

Loved Tyrion looking over the note about Stanni's ships over and over. Tyrion seems the only one who can see how much danger they are all in.

Things I'm hoping for in the next week: lots more Tyrion, Tyrion and Varys having a scene or two, Bronn saying something badass/witty and Stannis/Davos/Melisandre. They really need to ramp up the dread and anticipation in King's Landing for Stannis's attack.

• Paid Members

Yeah Jaime totally nailed it last night, him mentioning squiring for Ser Barristan and the fight with the Kingswood Brotherhood were nice touches to flesh out his backstory, and the little interactions with Brienne especially were gold. Interesting to see both he and Cersei talking fairly openly about their relationship too. I still have no clue where they're going with the Tywin / Arya relationship but I really don't care. I Haven't seen two actors with a natural chemistry this good since Riggs and fucking Murtagh. I want Charles Dance to be my dad.I agree with LaGoosh, aside from the House of the Undying, and possibly a Jon scene, next week has to be lots of Tyrion, lots of Stannis and Davos, lots of impending doom, and hype hype hype for episode 9. It has to be the Raw before Wrestlemania basically.

I'd love to punch Theon Greyjoy in the face, I'd even settle for slapping the actor who plays him. So irritating.

Loving season 2 so far though, still not sure what way they are gonna go with some of the changes, some important characters have not even been introduced yet.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Like Meera and Jojen Reed.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I'd love to punch Theon Greyjoy in the face, I'd even settle for slapping the actor who plays him. So irritating.Loving season 2 so far though, still not sure what way they are gonna go with some of the changes, some important characters have not even been introduced yet.

Like Meera and Jojen Reed. [close spoiler]
");document.close();

I don't think they will be. They're definitely heading a different way with the Bran storyline, perhaps Osha will have more of an influence rather than that. [close spoiler]
");document.close();Elsewhere the next episode should be fucking awesome. It's the one that George R.R. Martin actually helped co-write, I believe. Really looking forward to it.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell! That was an incredible episode, the best yet imo. The Jaime scenes, the already mentioned brilliant chemistry between Tywin & Arya, Jon Snow surrounded and that fantastic Qarth scene- creepy as fuck. And then to cap it all off with that ending, Jesus Christ that was a shocker. It's a proper 'is that really them' moment, like the episode last series when Ned was beheaded.I cannot wait until next week, moreso than ever.

• Paid Members

like the episode last series when Ned was beheaded.

My mate : "Shit! How are they going to bring him back?"Raid : "Bring him back?? They cut his FUCKING HEAD OFF mate."

• Paid Members

next episode is episode 8 ...episode 9 is the one G.R.R.M. wrote, Blackwater, which is going to be epic from what's been said and hyped.

Ah. Well that episode will be awesome then.

• Paid Members

like the episode last series when Ned was beheaded.

My mate : "Shit! How are they going to bring him back?"Raid : "Bring him back?? They cut his FUCKING HEAD OFF mate."
I doubted it straight away and thought there was some insane last second switcheroo or something. I thought if they could bring Tony Almeda and Dirty Den back from the dead, they'd make dead Ned undead.

• Paid Members

I don't know why everyone was so suprised Ned Stark was killed. It's Sean Bean, he dies in everything.

He's lucky he got a clean beheading from a highly skilled headsman. Better than having all 4 limbs pulled off by horses, hung from a castle wall, trampled by cows, stabbed up with a bayonett or riddled with orc arrows.

I don't know why everyone was so suprised Ned Stark was killed. It's Sean Bean, he dies in everything.

He's lucky he got a clean beheading from a highly skilled headsman. Better than having all 4 limbs pulled off by horses, hung from a castle wall, trampled by cows, stabbed up with a bayonett or riddled with orc arrows.
Or falling off a platform 100ft onto concrete and then having your secret evil base fall on you...

• Paid Members

Someone will have a massive eppy for not pointing out which book those spoilers spoil. I won't, because I've read them all. Even though I actually am slightly having problems remembering who you're on about.

Archived