Game of Thrones: book thread

Burchill's Buddy

• Paid Members

Most of the ASOIAF characters should have business cards in bone or other subtle off-white hues."Sordid little letch prone to all manner of perversions. Dial 1-900-IMP."

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being in the states i've kept quiet about it on here until after the uk have seen it.. i will say its a great episode, i love jamie even more than before, nikolaj coster-waldau just captures jamie lannister brilliantly..will come back in an hour when i know it's aired to chat about it without any spoilers lol

• Moderators

I really like what they've done with Daenrys in Qarth. That story thread sort of meanders a little in A Clash of Kings. I'm a big Jaime fan too, he's brilliant. Another good episode this week, these first 7 seem to have just flown by.

Season 2 really is a lot better handled than the books. Obviously the books are way more in depth, but from a flat-out storytelling perspective, they've made some incredibly smart choices. Book 2 stuff under the spoiler:

• Moderators

That was book talk about more than the ending of this episode, you bastard!

Hm, maybe. Sorry if that spoiled anything. I'm working under the assumption that you really shouldn't be clicking on any book talk for a book you haven't read. It's pretty impossible to not have any other book context in a book spoiler.Fake joke spoiler:I edited my post anyway.

^^^He's in that terrible Threesome sitcom as well, isn't he?

Hm, maybe. Sorry if that spoiled anything. I'm working under the assumption that you really shouldn't be clicking on any book talk for a book you haven't read.

Generally, I don't. But your wording made it seem safe to me, like it wasn't going to spoil anything beyond the end of that episode. But now the wind's been taken right out of me sails regarding what's bound to be a big reveal at some point. Me own fault though, I shall be more cautious in clickin' on the spoiler tags in future. :(

Archived