WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Brock will get DQ'd for excessive violence, possibly not releasing a submission hold. He'll continue the beatdown afterwards but perhaps Cena will get some returns.

Basically an extension of what they've been doing on Raw, hammering home that Brock is violent and unpredictable and moving towards a noDQ/Cage match at a major PPV further down the line.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I for one didn't know Cena's Attitude Adjustment/FU was born because of the F5. Of course the F5 into the ring post is spectacular.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this sooner.

The whole reason for it being called the FU was a play on the F5 towards Brock during the mini-fued they had. If anything the whole "I beat you, you've never beaten me..." thing could of been a huge factor in this match up.

• Paid Members

I think they will have Lesnar winning by referee stoppage, they may even go with a bit of an MMA style finish, with Lesnar pounding on Cena and the ref diving in to stop the match. In that situation Brock looks the monster but Cena still looks tough for never giving up and hanging with the former UFC champ. Is Cena due any time off? They might even have Lesnar put him on the shelf for a bit to put over how dangerous Brock is.

How do you think they will book the Lesnar Cena match.

It is difficult for me to imagine anyone pinning brock, especially after being a former UFC champion, would anyone believe that he could lose.

If they saw his last few fights, then definitely yes.

• Paid Members
I for one didn't know Cena's Attitude Adjustment/FU was born because of the F5. Of course the F5 into the ring post is spectacular.

Indeed, been meaning to mention this. He named it as a tongue-in-cheek swipe at Brock leading up to Backlash IIRC. I think the first time he used it was against Rikishi, could be wrong.

Edit: Bah, Bowyo T beat me to it- for some reason I didn't realise there was a second page in this thread :(

Could we see the return of the lions den match :O ?

Personally I'd like to see Lesnar win a hard fought but clean contest and then just move on. We only have Lesnar for a year so I'd like to see him face more guys, not get stuck in a overly long fued with Cena.

Plus Cena can afford to take a loss this early in the year and build him up n time for mania.

Personally I'd like to see then do this:

1) vs cena

2) vs punk. Wins wwe title (around summer slam)

3) vs randy Orton as a key threat

4) vs rock loses title (around survivor series / rumble)

5) vs triple h in a "I'm a selfish cunt who's only in it for the money, fuck wwe" vs "I'm doing what's right for the company because I'm the CEO, fuck you" match

Could we see the return of the lions den match :O ?

Personally I'd like to see Lesnar win a hard fought but clean contest and then just move on. We only have Lesnar for a year so I'd like to see him face more guys, not get stuck in a overly long fued with Cena.

Plus Cena can afford to take a loss this early in the year and build him up n time for mania.

Personally I'd like to see then do this:

1) vs cena

2) vs punk. Wins wwe title (around summer slam)

3) vs randy Orton as a key threat

4) vs rock loses title (around survivor series / rumble)

5) vs triple h in a "I'm a selfish cunt who's only in it for the money, fuck wwe" vs "I'm doing what's right for the company because I'm the CEO, fuck you" match

Thats pretty much the list of people I want to see Lesnar have matches against as well. For some reason Orton Vs Lesnar really speaks to me as a must see match. I have no Idea why.

• Paid Members

The whole reason for it being called the FU was a play on the F5 towards Brock during the mini-fued they had. If anything the whole "I beat you, you've never beaten me..." thing could of been a huge factor in this match up.

Having just looked this up, I've noticed Wikipedia has the brackets for the tournament Cena won to get his title shot - and he pinned Undertaker in the semi-finals! Had everyone else forgotten about this too?

Having just looked this up, I've noticed Wikipedia has the brackets for the tournament Cena won to get his title shot - and he pinned Undertaker in the semi-finals! Had everyone else forgotten about this too?

I forgot he beat him in that tournament, i remembered he beat The Undertaker a couple of times on Smackdown in 2003 though. I also remember him winning a "Vengeance" rematch against him too.

• Paid Members

I genuinely thought they'd never had a match. They had one after Undertaker became dead again too, which I've just seen a bit of on Youtube. Still, it'd be a totally different context now. They're arguably both much bigger deals now than they were then, no matter how bona-fide a main eventer Taker's been for however long.

Archived