The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I've had satan's ashes before, I made a prawn curry with it and it was probably the hottest curry I've had. Ghost sauce is a bit too hot for me, I like to put a lot of hot sauce on chicken or chips but with any of Dave's hot sauces you can't really do that. Encona is a good one for piling onto food.

I've had satan's ashes before, I made a prawn curry with it and it was probably the hottest curry I've had. Ghost sauce is a bit too hot for me, I like to put a lot of hot sauce on chicken or chips but with any of Dave's hot sauces you can't really do that. Encona is a good one for piling onto food.

Yeah, I use a lot of Encona in my Super Noodle delicacies. I thought it was reasonably hot at first but now I use it like tomato sauce!

The Ghost Sauce is really hot; you literally need about 3 drops of the stuff to turn whatever you

• Paid Members

That's how I use the insanity sauce, a few drops into a chilli if I've run out of fresh ones. I've tried loads of regular hot sauces but keep going back to encona as I've not found one I really like, most are usually too sweet. I found a nice one in Aldi but they don't seem to stock it any more - http://www.dilita.co.uk/Peri%20Peri%20sauces.html

• Paid Members
Without being pedantic can that still be classed as chilli?

I'd say so. I do one for us using very little hot spice, just making the flavour up with cumin, paprika and chipolte (low heat max flavour)

I'd say so. I do one for us using very little hot spice, just making the flavour up with cumin, paprika and chipolte (low heat max flavour)

I guess I could cope with the lowest of heats, but my body doesn't agree with spicy food. I don't even like curry, not even the mildest of curries.

I guess I could cope with the lowest of heats, but my body doesn't agree with spicy food. I don't even like curry, not even the mildest of curries.

Go for a smoky Chilli. Smoky Paprika, Cinnamon, Cumin and some Worcester Sauce for some pep. Either that or it is just mince, onions and tomatoes