The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

There's a pub near me that does Chorizo scotch eggs that are amazing. I don't get down there very often, so naturally I have one every time I do get down there.

Went there for the first time in months at the weekend, ordered my egg, only for the waitress to come back and tell me that the chef was not happy with how the eggs were coming out today, and has binned the whole batch and isn't serving them.

Fucking gutted. I really thought she was just messing with me at first.. it took a while for it to sink in.

• Moderators
Mrs Loki makes scotch eggs that are absolutely incredible. She puts a bit of chilli in them so they've got a bit of kick too. You don't need to deep fry scotch eggs, just oven bake them.

I have a feeling this thread is going to go the same way as all food threads around here, degenerate into talk of chip shop tucker before the inevitable series of fish puns.

I want a Carbomb food post.

There's a few places in Manchester doing black pudding scotch eggs. Haven't tried one yet but the black pudding pork pies they do in my local deli are amazing.

Barton Grange near Garstang do all kinds of different Scotch Eggs.. with a variety of different fillings, inc Black Pudding,Chilli and so on but at 3 quid an egg, they are taking the piss.

Bashall Barn out in the sticks in Lancashire, also do some quality scotch eggs at a much more reasonable 1.25 per egg.

• Paid Members

The thing about Man Vs Food is that his challenges are always either massive inhuman portions, or so spicy they can kill a man. Richie, just putting crisps and various sauces in a bap does not exactly match that or the aim of the show.

Thats not a real sandwich. It doesn't have any real food in it!

Okay, then I had some crisps and bread in a well lubricated, semi organized pile.

Richie, just putting crisps and various sauces in a bap does not exactly match that or the aim of the show.

Wow wow wow. I'd already had my tea.

Edited by Richie Freebird