The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
A pound for six? Nice. I could survive solely on them for only a couple of quid a week. I'm a well documented instant noodles head, and went through about 4 packets of them at the weekend. They are different enough from normal Super Noodles that they feel like a completely different meal to me. The noodles seem less "break apparty" than normal Supers.

I used to get these all the time when living with the missus. Since I've been back at the parents though my old queen has always got me normal Super Noodles until I remembered about these badboys and requested them last week. I think they may actually be better than the mainstream ones.

Noodles are noodles are noodles. When I'm doing my big monthly shop I usually pick up 20-30 packs of the Tesco Everday Value noodles for 11p each just to bung in the cupboard. Another thing that is great to put hot sauce on.

A pound for six? Nice. I could survive solely on them for only a couple of quid a week.

I'm probably beating me head against a brick wall here, but you're aware that instant noodles contain hardly any of the things you need to survive healthily - and quite a lot of things like sodium that you probably shouldn't take too much in of. Also the noodles are covered in wax, which is indigestible I think.

You'd essentially become malnourished and also develop high blood pressure, plus your shits could be used to light cathedrals.

Happy eating!

• Paid Members

My mate Gavin used to live on cup noodles when we were studying in Japan. When I came to visit him in Tokyo from Osaka, I crashed at his place, and all he had in the cupboards food-wise were cup noodles and practically nothing else. I asked him if he'd even heard of a balanced diet, to which he snorted and replied: "Of course I have - half of those are pork flavour and the other half soy."

• 3 weeks later...

I turned 30 the other week, and I have only just discovered that I like brown sauce. I am now in love with it, HP Guiness brow sauce is amazing. I can't see me ever eating a pork pie without brown sauce now, and i am quite gutted I thought I didn't like brown sauce for so long.

Anyone else discovered a food they thought they didn't like later on in life?