Should Flair be allowed to be at the Hall of Fame?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Both Styles and Jim Ross have talked about the Ric Flair/Hall of Fame issue pushing that TNA should just let him do it and Styles even said that if they don't, it would be classless. No, what would be classless is advertising someone under contract with a rival company for a show you are putting on, nearly selling the place out, and then say it's classless that they are looking for compensation or a business agreement between sides to allow him to do it. My take on this is, whatever TNA and WWE can agree to business-wise should be how it turns out. And if they don't, WWE is the one at fault for not calling them first and making the business deal before advertising his name. If TNA was to create its own Hall of Fame before Bound for Glory, and next year announced Hogan, Flair, Savage and Steve Austin as its first entrants, sell tickets, and since Austin is under WWE contract, if WWE wanted a deal for Austin's appearance, would that also be considered classless?

Source: WrestlingObserver

What do you think? I think Ross and Styles are obviously sucking bellend with those remarks. WWE stopped Flair going to the NWA Hall of Fame a few years ago, so they know the score on that front. Personally, I'd love to see him there, but I cant see TNA and WWE doing business on that front.

One idea knocked about is that WWE might be willing to offer one of their wrestlers to do an appearance at Lockdown in exchange for Flair.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Obviously it'd be great if Flair was there, and TNA should let him go. However if it was the other way round WWE wouldn't do it so fuck them.

Obviously it'd be great if Flair was there, and TNA should let him go. However if it was the other way round WWE wouldn't do it so fuck them.

I know if it was the other way around the WWE would not allow it at all. However, TNA had no problems running a Hall of Fame ring angle between Hogan and Abyss a while back.

If it does happen could it be a talent is asked to appear on iMPACT .....Jack Swagger to TNA?

• Moderators

I'm gonna go one further and say that TNA should be purposely obtuse about it and not let Flair do it unless there is some kind of deal heavily weighted in their favour that is just too good to refuse.

Otherwise, they should just fuck it off to make WWE look bad.

• Moderators

WWE should send TNA Consequences Creed on loan.

I doubt they'll come to some kind of deal, and if WWE did agree to borrow them someone then TNA would end up with Trent Barreta or Tyson Kidd or something.

• Paid Members

I'm with Chest, if I was TNA I'd tell WWE to piss off and tell Flair not to appear in front of the camera. If WWE comply it makes them and their Payday of Fame look a bit shoddy, if they do feature Flair then surely they have a strong case when suing WWE.

Mental move by WWE though.

• Paid Members
WWE should send TNA Consequences Creed on loan.

I doubt they'll come to some kind of deal, and if WWE did agree to borrow them someone then TNA would end up with Trent Barreta or Tyson Kidd or something.

I was thinking they could said BG and Ron Killings over. Bring back Konnan (who now looks like he works in a kitchen) and you could get the 3LK back on the road. Game changer.

I'm gonna go one further and say that TNA should be purposely obtuse about it and not let Flair do it unless there is some kind of deal heavily weighted in their favour that is just too good to refuse.

Otherwise, they should just fuck it off to make WWE look bad.

Agree with this. TNA should stand their ground, why should they bend over and let WWE fuck them because they didn't think to ask before hand. Unless WWE dont give a shit and just assumed they'd get Flair.

Totally shocked WWE would put themselves in this position. If roles were reversed you know WWE would be telling them where to go. Having advertised Flair they've put themselves in a situation and throwing mud at Tna doesn't disguise it's their fault. If they want a deal they'd have to deliver a main eventer which could be great. I learnt from the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior how bad it was for a star to not make an advertised performance and let us great fans down. WWE should be willing to send anybody for being so stupid, if they don't come to a deal WWE's the only one to blame. In Jim Ross's words "it's business" he can't bring up breaking contracts as classless acts.

The phonecall.

HHH: Hi, Ric do you want to be in the hall of fame with the horsemen?

Flair: Yes

Advertised on Raw as happening.

In theory, having a TNA talent doing a WWE Hall of Fame speech is a good avenue to advertise TNA. In reality, it won't be, because everyone who used to be in proper wrestling and has lowered themselves to TNA is embarrassed to talk about it to wider audiences unless they absolutely have to. There's no way Flair's mentioning TNA on that stage, is there?

Regardless, TNA will be too upset about pissing Flair off to make much of a stand about it.

Archived