Should Flair be allowed to be at the Hall of Fame?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

An Observer reader just noticed this in a 2008 issue:

"The Flair NWA deal fell apart right after press time for the last issue. Essentially, the deal written about was sent by the NWA to its member promoters. The only thing officially advertised by the NWA was the 6/7 Atlanta date for the Hall of Fame. It was a Vince McMahon call, not wanting his wrestler to give credibility to a Hall of Fame other than their own, and they also don't want one of their biggest stars appearing at non-WWE events, even if he's just there to do autograph signings and a promo. Bob Trobich, who negotiated the deal with Flair, noted WWE pulled him from the appearance (I'm not sure if it was ever cleared because I was very surprised it was advertised as my impression was WWE wasn't going to clear it although Flair did want to do it). He wrote, "It is truly a sad action on their part, as the main people injured by the WWE's seeming petulance is the wrestling fans." He noted Flair was a legend in the NWA long before WWE was anything but a regional promotion in the Northeast and has earned being the NWA Hall of Fame."

Wasn't the rumour going around was that Flairs contract was up so he could just do the HOF anyway?

Shame if he won't be there to see his buddies the Horsemen go in, but yeah fair enough for TNA to dig the heels in, I wouldn't let him go unless there was something offered that would greatly benefit the company. I'm doubting any talent exchange is gonna happen. I'm sure now that Luck got cancelled WWE could just dress up Dustin Hoffman as Flair and do it that way ;)

If TNA don't let him go, all they're gonna get out of it is a snide comment from Arn in his speech about Flair not being allowed to be there, and they'll look like the dicks (even if they aren't the ones in the wrong).

If they let him go, Flair might at least be gracious enough in his speech to say something like "I wanna thank my current employers for letting me be here", maybe even give them a name check, if allowed.

If they let him go, Flair might at least be gracious enough in his speech to say something like "I wanna thank my current employers for letting me be here", maybe even give them a name check, if allowed.

Can anyone actually see them allowing Flair to plug TNA at the Hall of Fame night? No fucking chance! Again, I

If TNA did their own hall of fame and said hey we'll put Hogan and Undertaker in, do you think WWE would just say it's fine to let the Undertaker/Mark go to that? No. TNA should stick to their guns.

Undertaker wouldn't be interested though, would he? He'd laugh at the notion. Whereas Flair's going to be swearing and crying at Dixie if she doesn't let him go and show off with his mates.

I'm probably massively wrong and it might not matter anyway but I thought Flair was under contract to Bischoff's company and not TNA themselves?

Anyway, I reckon they should let him do it just on the off chance someone watching goes "wonder where he's wrestling nowadays" and looks it up and watches TNA, though given it's probably just hardcore fans watching the HOF anyway it's probably pointless

• Paid Members

It's not really Flair's decision though. There's no dispute he's going to be at the event, it's just a question of whether he's on stage/featured on TV, which is WWE's decision, and it's them who'll have to deal with the legal shit if they don't have permission.

Why don't they just blank Flair out with a great big CENSORED graphic on screen or dress him up in a giant Teddy Bear costume like they did to Mohammed in South Park and bleep out the bits when he talks?

Archived