NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Quite impressed with McGillicutty in his match this week. How longs he been decent? He really needs a makeover though.

Ā 

I first noticed it in November.

Ā 

I enjoyed Michael McGillicutty's performance last night at Nottingham much more than any time I've seen him on TV.

Ā 

The crowd did not react at all to him being introduced as Tensai's opponent. People around me were confused as to why "Two crap baddies are fighting eachother", but by the closing stages of their short match McG had showed enough babyface fire to get the crowd right behind him as the plucky underdog and a large pop greeted his win.

Ā 

I reckon with a new look and a bit of character he could be a useful mid-carder.

• Paid Members
good night for the Brits on last night show, good to see them all getting good tv time we can be proud at the moment.

Ā 

Absolutely.

Ā 

Still no Martin Stone though?

Ā 

He's injured.

Again? What's wrong with him now?

• Paid Members

I'd like to echo the praise for the Tag Tournament final, a great match. I'll confess to never having seen much of Grey & Neville over here (they were in the crop that got 'big' just after I stopped travelling around the country for pro wrestling) but I've really enjoyed them as a team. There is definitely a 'modern British Bulldogs' feel to them - Grey the larger & more powerful but still pretty agile like Davey Boy, & Neville smaller but packed with muscle, exciting & innovative a la Dynamite.

Ā 

I also like that they have similar, but not identical gear. I know a lot of people feel tag teams should dress identically, but I quite like when a team has common themes (here, the small Union Jack on the front of the trunks & the 'swoosh' pattern) but individualities (different colour choices, Grey having the lion imagery on the back of his trunks & kneepads, etc.)

• Paid Members

It is pretty cool to see a British tag team, but I can't help but feel that they will struggle unless they add something to their act. They are sound in the ring, but not the most charismatic lads in the world. That's putting it nicely, too, because I do like them. William Regal acting as their manager and mouthpiece would be my choice. They will want to come up with a cool team name too, because the names they have been lumbered with so far seem almost like a cruel rib on the lads based on their timid personalities.

• Paid Members
It is pretty cool to see a British tag team, but I can't help but feel that they will struggle unless they add something to their act. They are sound in the ring, but not the most charismatic lads in the world. That's putting it nicely, too, because I do like them. William Regal acting as their manager and mouthpiece would be my choice. They will want to come up with a cool team name too, because the names they have been lumbered with so far seem almost like a cruel rib on the lads based on their timid personalities.

Ā 

I don't know - I rather like the name "Oliver Grey", it sounds like the name a sinister, relatively aristocratic Englishman would have. Also, it leaves me with the feeling he's got a portrait of himself in his attic which is taking all the batterings he gets in the ring, leaving him unscathed.

Ā 

They do need a good team name, though.

• Paid Members
They were referred to as "British Ambition" in the narration of the Rumble tournament recap.

Ā 

Like the idea, but it doesn't quite fit, IMO. "British [abstract noun]" is the way to go, but "Ambition" just sounds a bit pony.