NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I'm going to have to join the Wyatt bandwagon. I don't mean it to sound ignorant of WWE's audience, but I almost think his gimmick is too deep (or a bit challenging) for the mass WWE audience. He looked great though, I hope they don't sod it off now he's injured. Waylon Mercy was one of the gimmicks I always wanted to see get a reboot. Harris has done well to use that influence and throw in the mad southern loner preacher bit to jazz it up. Liked how he put his character into his offence. Good stuff. Boss entrance theme as well.

Edited by Chilli_Dog

• Paid Members

Paige VS Diaz was pretty good for a quick match, better than the Cortez/Paige match from a couple of weeks ago.

Cesaro was really shit in that backstage segment, wasn't he? Terribly wooden I thought.

I'm liking Leo Kruger the more I see him, and Big E looks like a badass rapist. I liked the part in his vignette when he said 'the big end' and then cut to a clip of him mowing down an opponent with his penis. No Bateman or Curtis this week, which is a bonus.

Paige VS Diaz was pretty good for a quick match, better than the Cortez/Paige match from a couple of weeks ago.

Cesaro was really shit in that backstage segment, wasn't he? Terribly wooden I thought.

Agree with both of those.

I've seen Cesaro do short bits like that in the past and have never noticed him being wooden, so that was weird.

One thing I have noticed from a few of the new Superstars is their innovative finishing moves have a high risk of being botched.

Like Sophia Cortez looked a bit unsteady doing the wheelbarrow-into-DDT on Paige a while back and Seth Rollins coming off the ropes and stomping the back of his opponents head could go bad if either guy's timing is off.

I can't decide if I prefer Percy Watson as a serious-but-boring guy as he is now or the comedy but goofy guy when he first showed up a few years back.

• Moderators
I can't decide if I prefer Percy Watson as a serious-but-boring guy as he is now or the comedy but goofy guy when he first showed up a few years back.

I still like Percy Watson. I've not too sure why, it's probably because I think his music is ace.

Yeah.

Edited by PowerButchi

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

WWE NXT Taping - Full Sail, Orlando Florida - July 26, 2012

Dark Match

- Bo Dallas vs Dean Ambrose

Dallas won with a rollup.

Episode 1

The taping itself started with a video from Dusty Rhodes hyping up the championship match.

- Derek Bateman vs Antonio Cesaro (w/ Aksana)

Cesaro won with the Neutralizer.

During the match there was a few

• 4 weeks later...

Fun times at NXT last night SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

DARK:

- CJ Parker vs. Dean Ambrose

Ambrose won with the Rings of Saturn.

They showed a video shot shortly before the doors opened for the event. Briley Pierce tried to interview Kassius Ohno as Ohno was entering the building. However, Richie Steamboat attacked Ohno and laid him out.

- Garrett Dylan vs. Damien Sandow

Sandow won with a straight jacket neckbreaker.

EPISODE ONE:

- Drew McIntyre vs. Richie Steamboat

Ohno had ran out and distracted Steamboat, which allowed McIntyre to win with the Future Shock DDT.

- Aiden English vs. Big-E Langston

Langston won with the Big End.

The ref did a normal three count, but Langston made him do two more. After the match, the crowd chanted “One More Time” so Langston hit the Big End again and did a five count himself. The chants continued, so he did it once more before leaving.

Michael McGillicutty came to the ring and said he was now the number one contender and would be the first challenger for the NXT Championship. He called out the "Paper Champion" Seth Rollins. Rollins came out and said he was fine with the match and that they could have it right now instead of next week. However, McGillicutty walked out saying they would only wrestle when he is ready to.

- "Showtime" Percy Watson vs. Kassius Ohno

Ohno won with a rolling elbow to the back of the head.

Before the match, Steamboat jumped Ohno and was forced to the back by refs.

- The Ascension vs. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel

Gabriel won for his team by hitting the 450 on Cameron.

EPISODE TWO:

- Bo Dallas vs. Johnny Curtis

Dallas won with the spear.

The Ascension ran down to the ring and were followed by Kidd and Gabriel. It was obvious that they came out to reshoot the end of their match. This time around, Cameron avoided the 450 and The Ascension won with Total Elimination.

- Kaitlyn and Alicia Fox vs. Paige and Audrey Marie

Paige won with a roll up on Alicia Fox.

In the back, Briley Pierce interviewed Seth Rollins. Pierce asked how Rollins feels going into his first title defense. Rollins talked about how he was disrespected by McGillicutty. Suddenly, CM Punk stepped into the scene and cut a promo on how important this match was and how hard it is to hold onto a title. The segment ended with Punk telling Rollins that he needs to beat the respect out of McGillicutty.

- Leo Kruger vs. Dante Dash

Kruger won with Krugerrand.

After the match, the lights went down and a spotlight was placed on Kruger. However, no one in my area could make out what Kruger said.

- NXT Championship match: Seth Rollins vs. Michael McGillicutty

Rollins won with the Sliced Bread #2.

Before the match, CM Punk came out to join Ross and Regal on commentary.

After the match, Rollins posed on the turnbuckle and stared at Punk in the commentary booth. Punk stood up and clapped for him.

EPISODE 3:

- Alex Riley vs. Jinder Mahal

Riley won with a roll up.

Mahal quickly jumped him afterwards and put him in the Camel Clutch.

- Trent Barreta vs. Jake Carter

Barreta won with a jumping knee to the face.

- The Ascension and Kassius Ohno vs. The Usos and Richie Steamboat

Ohno won for his team by sneaking around the ring to hit Steamboat with an elbow to the back of the head.

DARK MAIN EVENT:

- WWE Champion CM Punk vs. US Champion Antonio Cesaro with Aksana

CM Punk by DQ.

About five minutes into the match, Punk attempted to hit the flying elbow but Ohno ran down and threw him off the top rope. Rollins ran out to help Punk, which led to large “Tag Team Match” chant from the crowd. Punk grabbed the mic and challenged Cesaro and Ohno to a tag match. They tried walking away, but Punk and Rollins ran up the ramp and forced them into the ring.

- WWE Champion CM Punk and NXT Champion Seth Rollins vs. US Champion Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno

Punk and Rollins won with a stereo pin after Punk hit the GTS on Ohno and Rollins hit the Sliced Bread #2 on Cesaro.

While Punk and Rollins were celebrating, John Cena appeared on the big screen and announced that he would be here at the next taping on September 20th.

NOTES:

- Before the show, WWE’s film crew interviewed fans in line who were waiting for the doors to open. They asked people to answer some yes-no questions about Daniel Bryan. They also asked fans if they had the WWE App and filmed anyone who had it on their phone.

- There was a funny moment during the Punk vs. Cesaro match where the crowd started chanting “Jason Statham” at Cesaro. He shrugged and yelled back "I've never heard of him."

- As soon as the tag match started there was a very loud "Kings of Wrestling" chant. Later in the match there was a loud "Ring of Honor" chant.

- I was surprised that the only one in the divas match that was over with the crowd was Paige. There were "We Want Paige" and "Tag Paige In" chants throughout the match.

- After the taping ended, they filmed a new opening for the show in front of the building. They offered 50% off on tickets to the September 20th show for anyone who participated.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Picture of the dark match

The dark match as gone down quite well on twitter unsurprisingly

Edited by iamtheman

• 4 weeks later...

Spoilers for next few weeks NXT TV.....

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

- Thanks to Gerald for the following WWE NXT spoilers from last night's tapings at Full Sail University:

Dark Match:

* Damien Sandow beat Brandon Traven

Episode One:

* They showed video from earlier today with Heath Slater and Vickie Guerrero asking Dusty Rhodes for a NXT Title shot. Dusty says Slater has to beat Seth Rollins first.

* Brodus Clay defeated Camacho

* Byron Saxton comes out to interview Richie Steamboat, who isn't cleared to wrestle. Kassius Ohno comes out and tells Steamboat to give it up. Ohno has his sights set on the NXT Title.

* Trent Baretta defeated Kassius Ohno with a running knee after Steamboat came down and distracted Ohno.

* Layla and Alicia Fox beat Paige and Audrey Marie.

* Briley Pierce interviews Seth Rollins. Rollins rips on Vickie and Slater.

* Bronson beat Lincoln Broderick with a figure four submission.

* Antonio Cesaro comes out and cuts a promo but is interrupted by Tyson Kidd. Kidd wants a United States Title shot and slaps Cesaro.

* Seth Rollins beat Heath Slater in the main event.

Episode 2:

* The Usos beat Johnny Curtis and Michael McGillicutty. Ascension comes out after the match and stares The Usos down.

* Leo Kruger beat Xavier Woods.

* Byron Saxton interviews Big E. Langston. Vickie Guerrero comes out and wants Langston in her stable. Langston throws some kind of powder in her face and she storms off.

* Jinder Mahal comes out and talks about the NXT Title but he's interrupted by Justin Gabriel. This also brings out Bo Dallas and Drew McIntyre. Dusty comes out and announces a fatal 4 way elimination match for a new #1 contender next week.

* Roman Reigns beat CJ Parker.

* Antonio Cesaro beat Tyson Kidd.

Episode Three:

* Kassius Ohno beat Trent Baretta. Ohno tried to hit his elbow finisher after the match but missed.

* Big E. Langston beat Memo Montenegro. Langston did his "five count" gimmick after the match. Vickie Guerrero appeared and put a $5,000 bounty on his head. An unknown wrestler ran out but Langston laid him out.

* Luke Harper with Bray Wyatt beat Jason Jordan. Wyatt cut a promo before the match and said Harper is the first son of the Wyatt family.

* Byron Saxton interviews Roman Reigns on the stage.

* Jinder Mahal became the new #1 contender by defeating Bo Dallas, Drew McIntyre and Justin Gabriel in a Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match. Rollins came out after the match and brawled with Mahal.

* Ascension beat Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu.

* John Cena, in a sling, came out after the tapings and talked about how he hated being injured and would compete next time. This brought out Antonio Cesaro who ripped on him. Cena introduced a friend of his for Cesaro and out came World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. Sheamus beat Cesaro in the dark main event.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/SPOILE...JczbYbfM2lSR.99

• Paid Members

The vignette for Leo Kruger on last nights episode was both awesome and creepy. This gimmick fits him alot better than the previous one which I presume was a rich boy type gimmick.

The Paige vs Alicia Fox match also from last nights episode was fairly stiff by the looks of it, wasn't a bad match either.