NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

They have something special with Gable and Jordan. They are extremely watchable and you can see their confidence growing with each passing week.

The Sami Zayn return vignette was excellent, it's made me want to go back and watch the title match again. Zayn/Joe would be brilliant. I'm presuming it's happened numerous times on the indies, but would love to see it in the setting of NXT.

Really looking forward to NXT Sheffield next week.

Edited by Nick James

I guess I'm going to be that guy and say that I though Nia Jax was ok this week, sure nothing ground breaking but at least she is showing some aggression now and it makes sense to push her if they are going with Bayley being the fighting every girl.

Emma is the perfect victim for Asuka. I think she gets a bad rap top be honest and has clearly improved since ditching the shitty dancing gimmick, could have shaved a couple of minutes off of her match though.

I can't recall the last time I saw a tag team as natural as Gable and Jordan. They just click and in a rarity for tag teams they even have an actual story behind them becoming a team with Gable pushing Jordan for weeks to let him be his partner after a number of failures.

Jordan finally going along with ready, willing and Gable willingly was great. I really like silly little things like that.

Exciting main event with both guys looking strong.

• Awards Moderator

Samoa Joe is so great at the minute. I cant remember him being this good in years. Those kicks and the palm strikes havent been in his game in so long. Love the man when he's in this mood. Great to see him back on form after what seems to have been ages.

Agreed. This is the Joe I want to see and it's great to have that Joe back. I'd be quite happy for him to take the title at Takeover and move into a feud with Zayn. Only problem with that is what to do with Finn, I suppose.

Speaking of Zayn, his video was great again this week, and I did quite like Nia Jax chucking Bayley through a door.

Nobody else notice Gable quoting Shooter McGavin from 'Happy Gilmore' word-for-word (except the Full Sail bit) in that promo before their match?

I really enjoyed it this week.

Gable & Jordan vs Vaudevillains was a good match between two good, established teams with references to two other good, established teams meeting soon for the tag titles and with Blake & Murphy on the outside it is a very good tag team division.

I said the same about the women's division a few weeks ago too. The match quality might well dip in the aftermath or Sasha, Charlotte, & Becky getting called up, but there are 5 or 6 women in the title picture who all have defined characters and are all over with the crowd in some degree.

Great to see Samoa Joe so motivated at this point. I can't wait for that Takeover main event.

With Zayn coming back this month, Itami hopefully following soon after, it's going to be an exciting start to 2016.

Edited by dopper

Samoa Joe is so great at the minute. I cant remember him being this good in years. Those kicks and the palm strikes havent been in his game in so long. Love the man when he's in this mood. Great to see him back on form after what seems to have been ages.

Only problem with that is what to do with Finn, I suppose.

Main roster time?

It's just really enjoyable to watch, I can barely fault a thing about NXT, unless you'd want to be extremly picky. The length of the show and the matches are working out. The main events are usually decent. Joe has stepped it up the last few weeks. I've warmed more to the likes of Emma, Bayley, Corbin, the tag champs etc. And I enjoy seeing different people in the jobber position each week - especially Liv Morgan this week, who I found out used to be a Hooters girl. Boobs.

Looking forward to Nia Jax's Ultimate Warrior's mum look next week, I think she can pull it off.

Edited by Mr.Showtime

The Sami Zayn return vignette was excellent, it's made me want to go back and watch the title match again. Zayn/Joe would be brilliant. I'm presuming it's happened numerous times on the indies, but would love to see it in the setting of NXT

I don't think it actually has, I mean Joe signed with tna in 05 when zayn was only starting to come through the states, it's probably happened, but not as a big time one on one.