NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

He's best suited for matches as a heel against the likes of Sami Zayn and Finn Balor, like in ROH and early TNA-Joe. Its the way you get the best out of him.

Definitely. I've never been fond of Joe having "big man" matches against actual big guys, but he's a convincing brick shithouse against smaller guys but also can keep up with them. His first two TNA PPV matches were great. The Sabin match was cracking but it was having that good a match with a C lister like Sonjay Dutt that stood out even more.

Just watched the latest episode, and although I don't always agree with what some of you think about the Full Sail crowd, I did notice during the main event, there was a guy sat in the front row, reading a book.

Just spotted him. What a cunt he looks too.

The book was Jericho's 3rd and latest, if you're interested.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

It is worth noting that his matches with Angle were top notch also, rushed and poorly booked, but the matches were great.

He can go against bigger opposition, but for Joe it always seems like it has to be booked as a wrestling match (I know that sounds dumb, but you see what I mean?).

His positives lie in his in ring ability, he has the charisma to pull off promos to build for that type of feud also. His stand out matches against Kobashi and Morishima prove that.

He'd be an interesting element on the main shows for potential second hour Raw 'workrate' matches against the likes of Cesaro, all out fuck each other up brawls with Owens and I think he'd click with Rusev for an all out battle too.

But that's his massive limitation in my eyes, he is that workrate / pro wrestling type of guy which doesn't go anywhere other than the next match pitting his skills in the ring. Once that illusion is broken where do you go?

Personally I would love a Joe/Cena feud on the bigger stage, the 'we grew up together in wrestling and I've always been better than you' angle could be of interest, and the pair would steal PPVs for 3 months or so easily.

Edited by Teedy Kay

There is a stripper in a strip club in Blackpool who models herself on Eva Marie. Tell her Gilligan sent you. Also meet Necky no face. You won't be sorry.

RJ Singh will collaborate my story.

Think I had a dance off her after I went to a boxing do! She had a better arse than Eva Marie though

• Paid Members

Not sure I agree it was a great show. First half was fantastic. Contract signing was refreshing. Joe's beatdown was beautiful. The tag title match was great. Like HarmGen said in his great review - I fell for the near falls.

The vignettes were good. Nice, simple teasers.

Asuka is great and I like Dana but Emma just does nothing for me. Not into her at all. Crews/Sorenson was alright.

Didn't particularly like the main event either. Maybe just expected more after all the comments on here. Feels too soon for Nia jax. That leg drop is abysmal too.

Do like the "WWE corporate" angle. If it doesn't end with John Cena challenging for the NXT title in Full Sail though, I'll cry!

Just watched the latest episode, and although I don't always agree with what some of you think about the Full Sail crowd, I did notice during the main event, there was a guy sat in the front row, reading a book.

DD4421C3-49DE-4CE3-BD8F-02A21B3DF8BB_zps

Dickhead

dopper did it better anyway.

Not too impressed with the show. Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe is like a weaker retread of the Zayn vs Owens feud. Didn't they do the exact same angle for the contract signing once?

The women's division is pretty dire. The writers are giving them a lot to work with, but the talent is fucking abysmal. Eva Marie looks great and plays the heel so well for that crowd, but she is cringeworthy when doing a promo. Bayley is even worse, and should be wearing Asuka's mask. Asuka seems alright and she has a great outfit, but the weird pronunciation of her name annoys me. Dana Brooke is okay but again, awful promo. Emma's not worth watching. Nia Jax has the Chyna voice.

I've got tickets to two of the NXT shows on the tour (Blackpool and London), but I'm not particularly interested in going to them at the moment. Would I be likely to get face value if I sold them?