NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

3 more weeks taped, plus there's no NXT next week. Final show date they've taped up to is 15/04.

Wasn't there an advert at the end of the show stating that the Owens/Balor match would be next week (Wednesday)?

Edited by DJM

3 more weeks taped, plus there's no NXT next week. Final show date they've taped up to is 15/04.

Wasn't there an advert at the end of the show stating that the Owens/Balor match would be next week (Wednesday)?

Yes.  

And there is 3 more episodes recorded, but still 5 weeks until the next taping.  One of those 3 episodes had 7 matches, so it might have been reported as 1 episode, but was actually 2.  But I think it's possible the show in San Jose might be a TV taping.

MetsFan4Ever (so you know it's true ;)) has reported the following:

Samoa Joe was telling people at an indie wrestling show in Queens this past Friday night that he is indeed headed to WWE in April, according to Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, who has broke several WWE stories in the past year or so. This should be taken as a rumor until confirmed by other sources. It was noted that Joe is expected to start in NXT as Triple H has more interest in him than Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.

Owens vs Balor was very good, the beat down on Finn's leg including the cannonball on to the leg was tremendous. I wasn't fully in to this show though, I think being ready for Mania now and this being a taped show took a lot away from a big match which would have been that bit more special on a Takeover special.

Even though the show only had two matches they were both good, so no complaints from me. Owens/Balor was much better in the second half than the first though.

The video packages and backstage segments also progressed other feuds, so all in all a pretty good show this week.

Might it not be to help the performers develop in how to structure a match to a TV style? Knowing how to ebb and flow so you don't do all the best bits during an ad break when you get to Raw, sort of thing?

Good point, that does make sense. Still frustrating though.