Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

Look at this idiot:

ibuo39L9EHzhGC.gif

That looks nutty, but its actually pretty well done by them considering what they are doing. It doesn't look safe, but it doesnt look like either would be that hurt either. If the tables were closer to the crowd, and the crowd were a bit further away from the ring, it wouldnt look much worse to what the big E were doing in the late 90s. It looks worse then it is because Ruckus is going in blind. Still fucking barmy though. I appreciate A LOT could go wrong, but like someone else said there were other crazy things in this match (Jack Evans anyone?). And this was at the peak of CZW's popularity IMO.

I have to disagree. If you look, Sabian is barely slowed by the table and the back of his head smacks off the concrete. A fall from that height hitting the back of his head on concrete could easily have killed him or left him with a serious head injury. He is a lucky guy.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Look at this idiot:

ibuo39L9EHzhGC.gif

That looks nutty, but its actually pretty well done by them considering what they are doing. It doesn't look safe, but it doesnt look like either would be that hurt either. If the tables were closer to the crowd, and the crowd were a bit further away from the ring, it wouldnt look much worse to what the big E were doing in the late 90s. It looks worse then it is because Ruckus is going in blind. Still fucking barmy though. I appreciate A LOT could go wrong, but like someone else said there were other crazy things in this match (Jack Evans anyone?). And this was at the peak of CZW's popularity IMO.

I have to disagree. If you look, Sabian is barely slowed by the table and the back of his head smacks off the concrete. A fall from that height hitting the back of his head on concrete could easily have killed him or left him with a serious head injury. He is a lucky guy.

I agree, hence why the tables should have been put back. But the distance between top of the cage to the first table isn't very high at all, nothing compared to the Foley HIAC bump or some of the TLC bumps. I am in no way saying it was a safe bump, but when you consider the risk (and stupidity) of the move they actually pull it off pretty well. And there are much worse head-splattering-on-floor moments then this, especially the Broodrow / Rare one from Carnage Cup 7. Not that that makes it ok though, he is lucky.

Richie its a gif of Chris Cash doing his finisher on Sabian from the Cage of Death 6 match

• Moderators
Probably gonna get a load of abuse for this, and genuinely not in any way meaning to be an arsehole about this BUT, can we please get this thread back on track?

As Richie said in the original post 'If you don

• Paid Members

Thanks for that Richie! I was looking forward to that, and as always you didn't disappoint. I can still hear the noises those punches and headbutts made.

I really love that first photo of the two guys. How absolutely badass does Mr Damage look there?

Edit: Yeah SBA, Deranged is pretty good at the deathmatch style. He took a lot of abuse from the fans in his first few years due to an incident at the 2001 IWA KOTDM where he vomited rather messily all over the place. He then competed in the 2004 tournament where he overcame the chants of "Puke! Puke! Puke!" enough to be invited back in 2005. A few months after, he entered into a tag team with Brain Damage called Vulgar Display of Power and this is where he really began to make an impression, with those 2 beating the holy fuck out of everyone who crossed their path.

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

Thanks for that Richie! I was looking forward to that, and as always you didn't disappoint.

My pleasure, I enjoyed watching the brutality of the contest once again and sharing my feelings on it all. It was as stiff as they come, that bout. The head butting contest on the outside was really on the borderline of belief!

I really love that first photo of the two guys. How absolutely badass does Mr Damage look there?

Badass indeed. He looks mean, but I also get the sense that he

Edited by Richie Freebird

Edit: Yeah SBA, Deranged is pretty good at the deathmatch style. He took a lot of abuse from the fans in his first few years due to an incident at the 2001 IWA KOTDM where he vomited rather messily all over the place. He then competed in the 2004 tournament where he overcame the chants of "Puke! Puke! Puke!" enough to be invited back in 2005. A few months after, he entered into a tag team with Brain Damage called Vulgar Display of Power and this is where he really began to make an impression, with those 2 beating the holy fuck out of everyone who crossed their path.

Cool. Cheers.

He took a lot of abuse from the fans in his first few years due to an incident at the 2001 IWA KOTDM where he vomited rather messily all over the place.

He looked like he was packed with drugs on that night. He might not have been, of course, he may have just been doing the gimmick of being a deranged prisoner very well. The way he was rattling his jaw around though was reminiscent of someone who

Also, do they do any events like this in Canada or Mexico that you know of?

This is an old quote, but it was brought back to my mind when digging through some DVDs this afternoon and stumbling across some Canadian stuff from IWS (International Wrestling Syndicate) based in Quebec. Here

Great reviews Richie, keep up the good work.

On a related note. IWS closed its doors and its owner, Crazy Manny PCP is in jail on drugs charges. (IIRC)

Kurt Lauderdale featured in the review is also in prison for murdering a young woman:

Kurt Lauderdale Murder Story

He could be out on parole in as little as ten years.