Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

So I asked Richie for some death match recommendations. I've never been a fan of death match stuff, I caught some COD show on TWC and some dick was hitting some twat with a cactus and it was the shits.

That was then, this is now and Richie said to try TOD2. So I did. I'm going to share my views in chunks as I can't be arsed to do it all in one go, so stick with me chaps.

First up we have:

Zandig Vs Nate Webb in some pain of glass type match.

My thoughts going in going in:

Zandig, he's that fat chap who shouted "jesus" in a promo isn't he? He owned CZW I think, long greasy hair.

Nate Webb, he's the one who looks like he fiddles with kids if I remember right.

The match:

Webb is actually quite entertaining and gets plenty of heat playing the fans. Zandig get the crowd going and they tease some stuff to get the fans going with Webb bailing.

Zandig hits a ace suplerplex to slam type thing to bring Webb back in and hits some discus lines.

Webb hits a a whisper in the wind which hits spot on and looks fucking ace.

Zandig commits wrestling sin #287 by holding the fucking chair in place for some one to brain him. DON'T FUCKING DO THIS.

cdIOX.jpg

The cannon ball from webb that followed was good though. Got to love a cannonball

Next up was the glass table moment

HBI7I.jpg

or the Jimmy Valiant spot as I shall forever call it.

gZRkD.jpg

A moonsault from Webb and I was out my seat in shock, by god what the fuck's going on. Its a change of pace and looks a mental visual.

Zandig hulks up and powerbombs Webb through the glass in the corner. This one had me out the seat again, just a mental thing to see and it engaged my macabre sense of awe. The bump looked mental to me but safe for death match shenanigans based on my knowledge.

2YkjD.jpg

Zandig hits a muscle buster into a bomb followed by a really gay cover for the win.

Over all a fun match and a good start to the show, it had more crowd work, selling and build to spots than I'd have ever expected and set up what seems to be a CZW Vs IAW-MS face vs hell vibe through the show. It did what I expected, big stupid spots that made me go "ohh fuck me sideways" but still had enough to it to just about pass for wrestling. Is it all going to be like this? I'd hope so but we'll have to wait and see in my next instalment, same batshit time, same batshit channel.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lauderdale Story i can remember that now, i was speaking to Arsenal and the Hardcore Ninjas from there on facebook awhile ago about it all its quite sickening stuff really what happened and how close they were to him aswell . I really really miss IWS they had something that was worth so much more.

• Paid Members

On we go with match 2,

light tubes and ladders. JC Bailey Vs Nick Mondo.

Going in.

JC Bailey, is he the one who squirted blood form his head onto the camera, or was that some one else.

Nick Mondo, I've heard of him. He was quite good or something I think.

The Match

JC Baily looks like a total joke, a scrawny fuckwit and doesn't do anything to play to the heat.

Mondo looks quite good, there's something distinctive there. Don't like the writing on the head but it's a small point. Theres talk of a weed whacker, I'm intrigued.

Bailey's working mondo's fucked hand.

Mondo kip's over and hits a chaos theory. Its high, tight and brianeurysm waiting to happen.

UyDBc.jpg

My response:

OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

Mondo grabs a light tube, they swing and miss a few times each to tease the inevitable and POW, Mondo takes it to the nips.

Mondo gets some fire and hits some kicks which Bailey pussys away from before Bailey takes over with a sweet looking neckbreaker.

Some lightubes get broken, interesting but I'm not going into any fucking depth on them.

Bailey sets up a ladder balanced on two chairs and goes for the BRAINBUSTAAAAAAA~ from the apron, but Mono fights out and hits trouble in paradise.

Bailey take the most gentle fall to the floor, landing on both feet legs akimbo with the ladder before slowly lying on it. I think a spot is coming up.....

Mondo takes to the air....

zDuSL.jpg

and lands all fucking arse.....

4tmwM.jpg

Baileys back looks a bit of a state from the light tubes shots earlier on

F6s9c.jpg

Back inside Mondo does what I think may be the worst go behind I've ever seen and hits a spring belly to back which misses the light tubes and is very underwhelming.

So Mondo just smashes the lot over Baileys back and tells him to fuck the fuck off.

Some chairs are set up in the corner, I smell another spot.

Mondo stops some glass in Bailey face. Anything risking the eyes gets a "ohh, bugger me" from me.

WMQ1J.jpg

Bailey gets dragged through the glass, an interesting take that just felt a bit different.

Bailey is placed under the chairs with some light tubes resting on them. That spots a coming....

BUT NO. Bailey cuts Mondo off, with no sell from Bailey at all. What a cunt.

Bailey hits some sort of modified michinoku driver off the top through the glass and chairs.

g2T7u.jpg

Should be impressive but it just looks scrappy some how.

Bailey has a cover, Mondo's shoulder isn't down, but like that fucking matters and there's a 2 count.

Bailey follows up with a double stop through the tubes from the second. Its all in the gut, and again I'm out the seat with a "fucking what, ohh bloody hell"

0poKO.jpg

Bailey gets a light tube and gives Mondo the whip, then ducks his head. Why? What's he going for here? Does this have any point. NO OF COURSE NOT. Mondo gives him a kick for the cut off, punting the glass to the nips again, however its contrived even for this show and so feels a bit crappy.

The chairs are back, the tubes are back, Baileys in place. Its the fucking finish coming people, get ready.

Double stomp off the top. Mondo just catches one tube, it doesn't look brutal but it does look a lot safer than I was expecting so a thumbs up for Mondo from me.

1, 2, HE'S GOT HIM....

BKxJ7.jpg

oh no, he kicks out.

Duelling ladders, Mondos fucked hand comes's into play (remember that?) and he takes a ladder to the back.

The ladders get set with light tubes between the rungs.

Bailey goes for a powerbomb, Mondo slips out. Mondo get's him on his shoulders going for what I think is a finish going form commentary and the crowd but Bailey slips out. some whips and Mondo gets Bailey up in an inverted fireman s carry.

Its an inverted DVD type thing through the glass for the win.

d1Y2c.jpg

Over all.

Not bad, not great. The spots looked scrappy and lacked in places, which took away from the match overall and those bits that looked mental in a good way.

Some stuff looked good and engaged that sick side of watching some mong get fucked up but the lightubes don't have the same impact as the big sheets of glass in match 1 for me.

There was too little commitment to building to things in a meaningful way. There was an attempt at some structure but it felt underdeveloped and tacked on.

Not as much fun as match 1, but JC Baileys out the show and he struck me as a massive spastic all the way through the match, so hopefuly it's back on the up for match 3.

See you next time peepholes.

Edited by Tommy!

JC Bailey, is he the one who squirted blood form his head onto the camera, or was that some one else.

Theres talk of a weed whacker, I'm intrigued.

Guy who squirted blood from his head onto the camera was the recently deceased Brain Damage.

...and as for the weed whacker, that was TOD 1.

- Wifebeater used the weed whackers on Nick Mondo's abdomen.

Ow, ow, ow, ow, fuck, fuck, ow, ow, ow!!!!!!

Here's his last CZW match against Tremont that Richie mentioned, wasn't on YouTube so found it on some Bulgarian site haha, enjoy!

Brain Damage vs Matt Tremont

Damn I hadn't seen that match before he looks in good shape there. He went really fat for a while and I thought he would have gone down hill from there. but it looked like he had got himself back in shape (read somewhere that he served some jail time which might explain his shaping up). anyway it's really sad by all accounts he was a nice guy as well as one of the stiffest bastards to ever grace the squared circle. (his matches with Necro are so fucking harsh)

Does anyone know the cause of death yet? Was it an accidental OD?

i read somewhere that his drug use was due to constant pain from Death matches but that might be bullshit

I wouldn't mind if anyone could explain or at least try to explain what they get out of it.

A bit late into the debate but i thought I would give a stab a fielding this question. I love deathmatch wrestling and I am not a violent person at all (I hate UFC and Boxing because i find both sports too vicious).So what do I get out deathmatch wrestling? Well for one thing you get more characters in the Deathmatch world, a lot of the wrestlers are drug addicts and live on the outskirts of life which I think is always an admirable trait in a wrestler. It is a nice change from the clean cut and overpaid wrestlers of the big leagues. Wrestlers that get high with their fans in car parks and probably earn less money than they do. After all Wrestlers are entertainers and like most entertainers the best ones have spent years gripped in the death clutches of addiction and have sought to push whatever boundaries they can. Also the fact that they are slicing and dicing each other up for pittance is also quite an honorable thing to do. It shows a true love and belief in what they are doing. Their self destructive death trips are a think of utter beauty, watching people destroy their bodies for the thrill of the crowd (about 70 people) is great. These men are not interested in big pay days and being commercially viable they are there to prove they are the baddest mother fuckers in the business......the purity of their vision is astounding I always equate wrestling to the world of music. and i see Wrestlemania a bit like going to see Elton John at Wembley a grand old spectacle you can take the kids to lots of glitz and glamor and very camp......watching a death match though is like going to see a filthy punk band in a sweaty and grimy club it's horrible, botchy and feral and you want to take a shower when you get home. But the basking the scuzz feels great and a lot more legitimate, than multimillion dollar production with it's rules and regulations. Desperate men doing horrendous things because they have sort of sickness in their heads that compels them to cut chunks out of each other. it almost transcends wrestling and becomes some sort of transgressive performance art.......it's a thing of stark beauty.

a lot of the wrestlers are drug addicts and live on the outskirts of life which I think is always an admirable trait in a wrestler. It is a nice change from the clean cut and overpaid wrestlers of the big leagues. Wrestlers that get high with their fans in car parks and probably earn less money than they do. After all Wrestlers are entertainers and like most entertainers the best ones have spent years gripped in the death clutches of addiction and have sought to push whatever boundaries they can.

I find it utterly bizarre that you 'admire' these people who are off their heads on drugs, have no desire to further themselves, and are happy to wreck their own bodies in front of such few people.Clean cut and overpaid 'big league' wrestlers? Well at least they've mostly got their shit together, worked damn hard to get there, and aren't sacrificing themselves in front of 10 people for the sake of a stupid little HOLY SHIT! chant once in a while.I know which one I'd rather be involved in, and I can't imagine for a second why anyone would support the drug addicts over guys who have busted their asses and got their shit together. Granted not everyone in the big leagues is completely clean cut, but they're beyond 'getting high with their fans in car parks'. Fuck that for a laugh.

Also the fact that they are slicing and dicing each other up for pittance is also quite an honorable thing to do. It shows a true love and belief in what they are doing

Really? I mean, just above you've said

a lot of the wrestlers are drug addicts

Which suggests other possible motives for doing it. You say they're not interested in big paydays or commercial success. I say that's bollocks - if WWE came calling to any of these guys they'd be camping it up as Sexy McBroonToon in FCW in an instant just for a chance at the big time.But WWE won't come calling, because the WWE is interested in guys who know how to make it look like it hurts without actually hurting each other, i.e the noble art of pro wrestling. These guys slice and dice because it's all they can do. At least be honest about that.

I find it utterly bizarre that you 'admire' these people who are off their heads on drugs, have no desire to further themselves, and are happy to wreck their own bodies in front of such few people.

People like Iggy Pop or Dennis Hopper in their hey day? and your telling me i should admire people who are like clean cut and have a desire to "further themselves"? Rather than self destructive junkies who push the boundaries of their chosen art form?jfiggycableed1.jpg

Clean cut and overpaid 'big league' wrestlers? Well at least they've mostly got their shit together, worked damn hard to get there,

tough-enough1.png

Also the fact that they are slicing and dicing each other up for pittance is also quite an honorable thing to do. It shows a true love and belief in what they are doing

Really? I mean, just above you've said

a lot of the wrestlers are drug addicts

Which suggests other possible motives for doing it.
Oh yeah i'm not saying that they aren't doing it because they are strung out junkies and the constant chair shots and narcotics haven't fucked their brains up. But they aren't out there mugging old ladies and robbing banks for their next fix (Oh wait some do ) they could earn just as much money on welfare or working in garage but they are traveling the country cutting each other up in fields and sports halls living life on their own warped terms constantly trying to prove themselves in this insanely messed up subculture and for that they should be saluted. They are willing to go to lengths that the so called pros wouldn't go to entertain their blood thirsty fans

You say they're not interested in big paydays or commercial success. I say that's bollocks - if WWE came calling to any of these guys they'd be camping it up as Sexy McBroonToon in FCW in an instant just for a chance at the big time

Dude GG Allin would have probably signed with Warner brothers and done a duets album with Barbara Streisand if he been offered enough money. Selling out is human nature and only the most pure of vision wouldn't but they are very very rare breeds

Good post that, Stormy. I wrote a big essay about the enjoyment I get from it a page or two back, and there were different reasons amidst both of our explanations, which shows that there are a range of different aspects of this style that appeal to its fans. I enjoyed the frank honesty of your explanations too. This shit certainly isn

Edited by Richie Freebird

Good post that, Stormy. I wrote a big essay about the enjoyment I get from it a page or two back, and there were different reasons amidst both of our explanations, which shows that there are a range of different aspects of this style that appeal to its fans. I enjoyed the frank honesty of your explanations too.

Your epic post/essay is what inspired me to write my feelings on the subject :) (I love this thread man) and i have to say it is quite hard to express your feelings on the subject into words. i guess were just both drawn to the underground for our own fucked up reasons and we need to see men hurt each other in fields in Delaware and Gym halls in Louisville. Just as a lot of people on here don't need that shit in their lives. For me though and as pretentious as it sounds, I think straight wrestling is an athletic display where as Deathmatch wrestling is ArtEdit : that picture is fucking Bad Ass man!!!!! Edited by Stormy Weathers

• Paid Members

For me though and as pretentious as it sounds, I think straight wrestling is an athletic display where as Deathmatch wrestling is Art

Art:-23-0020.jpgpirates-sand-sculpture.jpganatomy%20of%20murder%2001.jpgTwo fat cunts hitting each other with light-tubes:-deathmatch_wrestling.jpg

• Paid Members

Richie, I'm sure some people will make very decent and valid cases for it being considered as such. But I personally object to it being called such and find it abhorrent to label it 'art'. I suspect most people who claim deathmatch wrestling as such are only doing so in a feeble attempt to legitimise its existence and attempt to heighten its importance, or veil the fact that they're slightly ashamed to just admit that they just want to see fat cunts twat each other with light-tubes.