Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

OK i just made to match 3

NICK GAGE vs. BJW's ABDULLAH KOBAYASHI

Holy shit! I thought i was going to puke watching them try and get those things out of his head. Is that a gimmick of his or did he only do them once?

Greatest bit of the match? Abby no sells gage and then eats a light tube! Not a fan of the finish as gage clearly wouldnt let him go over and had to come out looking strong.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

i was watching BJW when Kobayashi was just starting to do the death match thing and he was one of the tamer guys on the roster at that point...he clearly warmed to the death match thing, the guys completely out of his fucking mind these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the board, but I've been reading this thread for a while and have enjoyed Richie's reviews and everyone's deathmatch trivia - cool stuff, its made me re-visit wrestling for the first time in a few years and I'm going back watching some of the classics.

I thought I'd interject by listing my favourite deathmatches from the indies, I've been a fan of the 'genre' for a long time, since I first saw the '95 KOTD back in the day. I'm not a massive fan of the Japanese deathmatches, mainly because the spots seem to be very same-y, and while they all get absolutely ripped to shreds and the matches have good wrestling psychology, they never seem to have any moments that genuinely shock me - and thats what I'm looking for, as a seasoned gore hound

This thread seems to have died down a bit, maybe it would be cool for people to post their favourite/sickest deathmatches of all time? In no particular order here are some matches which genuinely made me gasp...

Ian Rotten vs. Peter B Beautiful (IWA-MS KOTM 2001)

Ian Rotten basically caves in Peter's head with a steel chair, very hard to watch

Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher (IWA-MS Something to Prove 2005)

Not a 'deathmatch', but the 2 beat the hell out of each other

John Rare vs. Spidar Bloodrow (IWA-DS Carnage Cup 2011)

Not the best of matches, but Spidar gets legit stabbed in the arm - pretty brutal

Wifebeater vs. Sick Nick Mondo (CZW TOD 1)

The infamous match where Mondo gets a weedwhacker to the stomach

Zandig vs. Sick Nick Mondo (CZW TOD 2)

Another infamous Mondo moment where he takes the huge bump from the roof through a light-tube covered table

Sexxxy Eddy vs. Arsenal (CZW TOD 3)

Eddy drinks his own blood from a gushing artery

DJ Hyde vs. Thumbtack Jack (CZW TOD 8)

Thumbtack Jack makes his mark in CZW when he puts syringes into Hyde's head and hits him with a cinder block

Masada vs. Thumbtack Jack (CZW TOD 8.5 Rewind)

The best final of any deathmatch tournament I've seen

Nick Gage vs. Abdullah Kobayashi (CZW TOD 9)

Gage hammers kenzans into Kobayashi's head with a chair - the footage of them being taken out afterwards is horrific

Jun Kasai & Sick Nick Mondo vs. Justice Pain & Johnny Kashmere (CZW Un F'n Believable 2001)

The muscle from Kasai's arm at the end of this match is literally hanging out after a nasty bump through a light-tube table

Team Ca$h vs. BLKOUT (CZW COD 6)

Not technically a deathmatch, but so many crazy bumps from off the cage make this one of the craziest matches I've seen

JC Bailey vs. Thumbtack Jack (CZW Walking on Pins & Needles 2010)

JC Bailey takes syringes through his foot and neck, gruesome

Masada vs. Danny Havoc (CZW New Heights 2011)

The gusset plates used in this match tear open Masada's arm particularly badly

Necro Butcher vs. Toby Klein (IWA-MS KOTDM 2004)

Necro gets a VCR thrown at his skull

Necro Butcher vs. Mad Man Pondo (IWA-MS No Blood, No Guts, No Glory 2002)

A clumsy 200 light-tube deathmatch, Necro's arm is practically hanging off towards the end

Nick Gage vs. Thumbtack Jack (CZW COD 11)

Crazy no-rope barbwire match

Edited by BotchedPiledriver

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody else on here added him on Facebook last week and was chatting with him. I think after the sudden massive backlash, he's relegated himself to lurking from time-to-time. Shame really, because he's one of the soundest guys on here (even if he does like to get astronomically pissed) and this thread was his crowning achievement and it's died in his absence.

Come back Richie, I miss your hi-res box cutter wound shots and mid-flight lighttube death dive pictures. :(

• Paid Members

To be fair i hate 98% of the posters here, but Richie was sound.

The COD bump 14............. WTF.......... this madness continues someone will die, or end up not being able to move.

The youtube comment sums it up

bigtaterman 2 days ago

Pure stupidity. This isn't wrestling, this is a snuff film.

LMAO.

The DJ wont like that!

Edited.

Edited by quote the raven