WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

The stars are out in force tonight. I can only assume Scott Hall is taking the photo.

yztio.jpg

why because its all shakey? might be steph, btw that soccer saturday wm stuff haha was brilliant (post of the year worthy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! Ha

Now I havent watched wrestling properly since perhaps 2004... I have dipped in and out of the WWE whilst going to UK shows of various companies, but damn this is exciting me now!

I haven't had a buzz for wrestling in a long time but this years show looks awesome and I hope it pulls out the goods.

CM Punk vs Jericho has GOT to be decent at the very least. Two very talented guys in there. My only fear is that it will go the same route as Jericho vs Edge of WM26. Fingers crossed :D

HHH vs Taker - This is going to be very good, given the fact Taker always pulls something special out at WM and HHH wont want to disappoint given that he won't be in the main event. Michaels puts intrigue in the scenario but I can't see Taker losing. IF Brock Lesnar has signed a new deal, I can see him coming up from under the ring or breaking into the cell at the end.

Rock vs Cena... This is what I want to see! I really have no interest in the Rock and I really want to see Cena win as a result. My GF and my best mate want to see Rock win it so ir'll be a good vibe at my house to be opposing them too!

Sheamus vs Bryan... I have high hopes for this and really hope they can pull it off. Bryan can have a good match with anyone and from what I remember there was good things coming back from their dark match a few years ago. Fingers crossed.

Orton vs Kane - I like Kane and think that a pairing with Orton won't be all bad. I don't see a world class showing but I think the characters might mesh nicely. It's one of those odd pairings (like Angle vs Kane of ten years ago) and I think it'll be nice.

It's just dawned on me that it was ONE DECADE since Rock vs Hogan. That's MENTAL and time really does fly. Thankfully both Cena and Rock can pull out a decent showing (unlike Hogan of WM18).

WWE's Facebook -

JUST ANNOUNCED! WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Epico will defend against The Usos and Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd in a Triple Threat Match, which will stream live on WWE.com and YouTube on Sunday, April 1 at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT.

• Paid Members

Pictures from Mania weekend:

HOF12_Photo_011.jpg

HOF12_Photo_007.jpg

HOF12_Photo_171.jpg

35_Diary_0329.jpg

530eb79e7ba311e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

foleydivas.jpg

ApVwbvnCMAAqHrP.jpg

HOF12_Photo_087.jpg

Diary_03302012rf__0206.jpg

ApWqZOgCMAAPuc0.jpg

ApU3ztfCAAESyL0.jpg

Good to see Dusty Rhodes has now completed his transformation into looking fully like my Auntie Meggy. Barry Windham's out and about as well, which is smashing news.

EDIT: Oh and just to add to the Brock rumours:

MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani asked Dana White about Lesnar, and White is irate:

@arielhelwani

Ariel Helwani Not sure if the rumors of Brock signing with WWE are true right now, but if you're wondering whether @danawhite/UFC would be ok with it ...

@arielhelwani

He just told me, "no." And that it's "on."

• Paid Members

Great to see Big Baz looking healthier, by all accounts he's lucky to be alive. Size of the bastard aswell. Foley as usual looks like a homeless, it's gotta be a gimmick as nobody has that little pride in their appearance. Nobody relatively wealthy anyway.

• Paid Members

I've ordered this now, pretty much solely off the strength of this thread. So if it's shit now I'm blaming you all for unrealistically raising my expectations :D

I'm actually really looking forward to it now. Rock/Cena and the HIAC match already had me interested but all this talk of Brock and Batista and the pics from the Hall of Fame were the final push to get me to order.

My nephew's somehow blagged the day off school tomorrow so he can stop at mine and watch it live. Brings back memories, I used to try all manner of things to get the Monday after Wrestlemania off.

• Paid Members
EDIT: Oh and just to add to the Brock rumours:

MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani asked Dana White about Lesnar, and White is irate:

@arielhelwani

Ariel Helwani Not sure if the rumors of Brock signing with WWE are true right now, but if you're wondering whether @danawhite/UFC would be ok with it ...

@arielhelwani

He just told me, "no." And that it's "on."

You've been April Fooled there. The first tweet is correct, but the follow-up actually reads "... He just told me, "yes." So that's that."

Archived