Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

• Paid Members

Serial season 2 has started - https://serialpodcast.org/

Ive not listened to the first episode yet, but by reading the synopsis it sounds like this season's story is a real life version of Homeland season 1

The Bergdhal case is fascinating — I think he's proper dodgy, but conservatives has gone so gung ho about it (Trump says he should be hanged) that it's hard not to at least defend the guy as innocent till proven guilty.

Most of my podcasts are whiny liberals (Rachel Maddow, The Young Turks), but I just started listening to "You Must Remember This...", a podcast about old Hollywood. Seems v. interesting. And Serial... missed season one, just added it.

• Paid Members

Here's the link and description:

You Must Remember This is a storytelling podcast exploring the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood’s first century. It’s the brainchild and passion project of Karina Longworth (founder of Cinematical.com, former film critic for LA Weekly), who writes, narrates, records and edits each episode. It is a heavily-researched work of creative nonfiction: navigating through conflicting reports, mythology, and institutionalized spin, Karina tries to sort out what really happened behind the films, stars and scandals of the 20th century

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/you-must-remember-this/id858124601?mt=2

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently been listening to Batman:The Animated Podcast, which discusses Batman:The Animated Series (as if you hadn't worked that out already). The most recent episode has a great interview with Maurice LeMarche (Futurama, Pinky & The Brain, The Simpsons and pretty much every major cartoon over the past couple of decades). I highly recommend episode #20 where they discuss the fantastic Batman:Mask of The Phantasm film and features good insight from it's main writer Alan Burnett aswell as Batman himself, Kevin Conroy

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 4 weeks later...

Some links in my sig for podcasts im listening to :)

Weekly planet: comic book movie news/review stuff. Present by two Aussie blokes, talking crap. Its a laugh if anything.

Plumbing the Death star: More Aussies, this time talking random hypothetical questions like "Which Super Smash Brother would make the best step father" and "which of the Avengers would be the best friend" etc. More random chat shenanigans.

The Little Dum Dum Club: Even more Aussie's (can you guess i've gotten onto some of these from other podcasts?) chatting rubbish and having a laugh.

Check them out, if you have a spare 30 mins - 1 hour whilst driving/commuting/whatever. 

On the off chance there are any other Columbo fans on here, two Scottish guys produce The Columbo Podcast which is a fun listen. It's basically a no frills episode by episode review of the entire run with the concept being one of them is a huge Columbo fan and has seen the all before, and the other is watching them all for the first time. Would definitely recommend.