Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

• Paid Members

It was definitely a serious comment, gmoney. You've clearly fallen in love with Koenig. I understand. Her whispering sweet nothings into your ear (about a murder case) while you fall asleep.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I think its a fair opinion to have to think Adnan did it. No other theory really stacks up. Sure, there is loads of reasonable doubt, and based on what we have heard so far, I don't think there was anywhere near enough evidence to put someone in prison for their whole life, but I reckon he probably did it. 

Also, he doesnt quite have an appeal hearing in January. Koenig mentions that in the last podcast. Its like; an appeal against an denied appeal hearing, or something. Either way, Koenig reckons his chances are pretty slim. 

• Paid Members

I haven't kept meticulous notes of the case as I've listened or anything. But just off the top of my head, who the fuck lends their car and cell phone out to "shady" Jay on the same day? How do you explain the Nisha call? (Adnan explains it as, "maybe a butt dial.") How do you explain the cell tower records showing his phone being in Leakin Park? How do explain that chick (I think Kathy) saying that Adnan and Jay were round her house and Adnan was acting all freaked out and talking to someone on his phone (or a phone) about what's he going to say to the cops? What about the people who said they'd heard Adnan ask Hae for a lift, something he denies? Why, when Adnan heard about Hae being missing, he never tries to call or contact her? His good friend. It just goes on and on and on. And yes, it's all pretty circumstantial. And maybe the jury shouldn't have convicted because maybe it wasn't proven, but not being proven doesn't mean he is innocent of the crime.

Adnan is a "nice guy" and "smart guy" (according to his friends and family and Koenig herself). Like nice, smart guys never killed anybody. He keeps saying, like, what did he have to be angry at Hae about? Oh, I don't know, maybe she's all into Don now and you resent that or whatever. People have killed for less in relationships.

Who are the other viable suspects? I only see two. Jay, who seems to be a suspect for a few reasons. 1) He's "shady." 2) Inconsistencies in what he said to police. A pothead who can't keep shit straight? Shocked. 3) He copped to helping burying the body.

The other option, to me, is a totally unrelated person.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I guess maybe this Serial talk should be spun off to a new topic? As I imagine there are a few who don't want to be spoiled or whatever?

Anyway, if not then I will just write it here.

(If you don't want to read about ridiculous theories, just ignore.)

So I went down the reddit rabbit hole with Serial, it is something I don't recommend unless you have 4 hours spare to read every conceivable theory possible (and some impossible). I am now convinced of the theory that Jay did it with the help of Jen. I can't find the reddit thread which has all the reasons why, so I will try to remember. (Obviously there's probably a billion holes in this.)

Hae knew about Jay 'stepping out' with Jen and was going to confront him.

Jay had the car to get Stephanie a present and to get weed for him and Adnan.

By chance around 3.30pm when Hae went to the petrol station, she saw Jay and had a go at him about cheating on her friend. So Jay said they should talk, went to the best buy parking lot which is close. One thing led to another and Jay strangled her in the car. He panicked and took Hae's car to the park and ride. Then he called Jen (a ridiculous amount of times if I remember) to pick him up, and eventually explained.

They plotted for a bit to think of the plan of action.

Jay called Nisha either once he realised to make it look like Adnan was there, or more likely by accident when fumbling with the phone after killing Hae wanting to call Jen as it was a speed dial. (Yeah, holes everywhere!)

Jay then went to pick Adnan up from track, and decided to make sure he was seen and randomly turned up at Kathy's house. That's when the call from the police happened. It also is when Kathy thought Adnan was acting weird on the phone, but sort of later found out Hae's friend called him. So Jay and Adnan went out and knowing Jay had Hae's body in the boot, he made sure to keep the car and phone whilst Adnan was at the mosque.

Then Jay and Jen went to leakin Park and buried the body.

The police came to Jen because of the phone records and she told Jay. After discussion Jay said he will sort it.

Realise Adnan didn't really have an alibi and would have motive, he blamed Adnan and put himself in (which is genius) as an unwitting accomplice.

There's so much more if I remember, have a look for it on reddit. So basically that's the most fun theory which i will now believe in, even if it's unlikely, it's what seems like more interesting than the plain old Adnan did it.

I actually got goosebumps when Sarah started episode 8 with those calls from the girl who stole CDs from best buy, the one who was sure there wasn't a phone outside (which is such a weird lie to tell by Jay "I saw Adnan at the phone outside best buy with red gloves on."). Also the girl who spoke to Hae after school for 15 mins when the murder apparently took place.

All in all this has been an awesome podcast which really has caught the imagination of the public, It is sort of strange it being all out there and everybody commenting on it. I just hope we get some sort of conclusion. Oh and apparently Jay is on reddit (I imagine bullshit) but someone has offered $50,000 for an interview and for him to take a lie detector test. If that was televised it would be the most watched thing in history.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I just spent 8.5 hours listening to the last few episodes of Serial. I started before Christmas and then decided to listen while out driving yesterday. Then was so hooked that I've listened all day while doing other things.

So many theories and ideas! I really don't know what to think. I want to believe Adnan's innocent but there are so many "unlucky" events in the timeline if he is that it's almost impossible. I want more episodes!

I just spent 8.5 hours listening to the last few episodes of Serial. I started before Christmas and then decided to listen while out driving yesterday. Then was so hooked that I've listened all day while doing other things.

So many theories and ideas! I really don't know what to think. I want to believe Adnan's innocent but there are so many "unlucky" events in the timeline if he is that it's almost impossible. I want more episodes!

You can always go to reddit if you really want to go down the Serial rabbit hole, just be warned that hours will disappear at a time.

Whilst there aren't more episodes, the intercept has interviews with Jay and the prosecutor (the one who Don said pressured him into making Adnan seem worse), both two parts which don't really add too much but definitely do make you think. Mainly that Jay clearly doesn't give a shit anymore about lying, he seems to contradict himself so many times without a care in the world.

Links in case you anyone wants to read.

Jay part 1 - https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/29/exclusive-interview-jay-wilds-star-witness-adnan-syed-serial-case-pt-1/

Jay part 2 - https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/30/exclusive-jay-part-2/

Prosecutor part 1 - https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/07/prosecutor-serial-case-goes-record/

Prosecutor part 2 - https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/14/exclusive-serial-prosecutor-defends-guilty-verdict-adnan-syed-case-part-ii/

I cooled down on Serial by the end, after being the biggest lover of it. It's still amazing but once it got away from all the cool theories and how/why and into how Adnan/Hae's mum feels and stuff I wasn't as interested. I just enjoyed all the theories coming out. Following each episode whilst reading reddit was a really great experience.

Edited by Ron&Hermione

• 2 weeks later...

Midnight Express podcast update

The Midnight Express podcast sees former British pro-wrestler Johnny Midnight interview some of his old wrestling chums.

Latest Episode - Episode 9 - Bubblegum

Computer / other: www.mepodcast.co.uk

Episode 8 - Dave Mastiff

Episode 7 - Chris Curtis

Episode 6 - Mad Man Manson 

Episode 5 - Ringo Ryan 

Episode 4 - Broadie Steele 

Episode 3 - Frankie Sloan 

Episode 2 - Dean Allmark 

Episode 1 - Rampage Brown

Upcoming Episodes:

Episode 10 - Nathan Cruz

Episode 11 - 'Tango' Timm Wylie

Episode 12 - Phil Powers

• Paid Members

Comedian Ari Shaffir's (excellent) podcast, The Skeptic tank, is all about wrestling this week. He's got a comedian on by the name of Mike Lawrence who is a massive wrestling fan who tries to explain the appeal of it all to Ari. Definitely worth a listen.

The warm up with Johnny Vaughan isa good listen. Seems more in his big breakfast humor than his more recent suff, mixed with football stories from old pros, it's a solid hour

• 1 month later...