Raw discussion 16/1/12 thread *spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't give a shit about any of them, i really don't. They're actors, entertainers, drug abuse? Their own fault. Suicide? Cowards way out. Weak weak weaknesses and i don't deal in weaknesses. Do any of them pay my bills? Are they related to me? Do they do me any favours? Naw no no they don't. They are performers on a scripted television show that is way past it's sell by date and everyone in the whole entire world apart from a small number of marks like you know that.

Bit rich, coming from a man who not only cried when he didn't get into a wrestler signing, but also created a fictional niece to accompany him.

He's either a sad cunt who sits at home and tries to wind people on a wrestling forum up (my guess), or he's a twisted freak who has, rather ironically, taken more shots to the head than 90% of North American wrestlers have.

I can't wait until all of these ongoing LIST/COMPETITION~ threads die down a little so I can unleash my "UKFF PROMO CHALLENGE" thread, whereby it will be a knock-out cup of posters out promo-ing each other (video uploads only, no written scripts).

Mods, there's only one way to settle this - in said thread, if crazyshady fails to take part then can you slap him with a suspension? Many thanks if you can comply with this request!

• Paid Members
I dont think its the quality of the shows personally, because there have been some awful shows over the years that have drawn money for them. Its just that people want to see stars, and they've lost a load in the last 2 years.

Spot on. It must be fist-biting frustrating for WWE, because (in my opinion, at least) they have been putting on solid, entertaining TV shows and PPV events over the past year. I stopped watching WWE in 2004, and tried to get back into it but it wasn't doing it for me. Still followed it a little to find out what was happening of course, but didn't regularly tune in. Late Summer 2010 caught my eye with the Nexus angle and the 'new' guys coming through, and 2011 for me was very fun to watch.

But as Ian says, you lose that amount of star power- without having ready-made replacements, and you're fucked. Kind of similar to the 2004 Arsenal team- the big stars all went very quickly, too quickly to have adequate replacement gel in. Might not be the best example, but you get the idea. It applies even more so in WWE, because at least with football if you really have the talent, you can get through a transition period well. In WWE you need to build your stars in order to captivate the audience. It must be an absolute nightmare working in the WWE offices, you don't know who is going to completely breakthrough as the next star. Who knew how big Austin would become when he fought Savio Vega in a strap match? Or John Cena, before that fancy dress costume? It must be frustrating not knowing how things will pan out star-wise, no matter how hard they try with booking. I would sit here and say what WWE need to do to make massive stars quick, but obviously- I don't know. And unfortunately neither do WWE.

Edit: Fuck it, none of this matters now- I fast-replied before I even saw the crazyshady meltdown. There's no point in talking about this now but instead marvel at his bat-shit rant about eating potatoes. Jesus christ, told you he was a fucking bellend.

• Paid Members
He's either a sad cunt who sits at home and tries to wind people on a wrestling forum up (my guess), or he's a twisted freak who has, rather ironically, taken more shots to the head than 90% of North American wrestlers have.

I can't wait until all of these ongoing LIST/COMPETITION~ threads die down a little so I can unleash my "UKFF PROMO CHALLENGE" thread, whereby it will be a knock-out cup of posters out promo-ing each other (video uploads only, no written scripts).

Mods, there's only one way to settle this - in said thread, if crazyshady fails to take part then can you slap him with a suspension? Many thanks if you can comply with this request!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he's been perma banned. I like to think my report is what did it. Well, obviously NEil is what did it, but still.

Also Gladders, was that Barrett to Truth?

Archived