The End Of The World Thread

M-Dudz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it Mormon where they're allowed to travel the world shagging for a year when they're 21?

Not sure, but some Mormons still have multiple wives. They're incredibly rich as well, as a community.

• Paid Members
Is it Mormon where they're allowed to travel the world shagging for a year when they're 21?

I think that's the Amish. They deffo let them go off into the modern world for a bit, experience what that has to offer & then make the decision to go back to the farm, grow a chin beard & die young from a curable disease.

"Maybe us Mormons do believe in crazy stories that make absolutely no sense, and maybe Joseph Smith did make it all up. But I have a great life and a great family, and I have the Book of Mormon to thank for that. The truth is, I don't care if Joseph Smith made it all up, because what the Church teaches now is loving your family, being nice and helping people. And even though people in this town might think that's stupid, I still choose to believe in it. All I ever did was try to be your friend, Stan, but you're so high and mighty you couldn't look past my religion and just be my friend back. You've got a lot of growing up to do, buddy. Suck my balls."

The best thing about Mormon's is all the charity work they do. I think theyre the most charitable people on the planet.

• Paid Members
I thought the Gospel of Nicodemus was the Gospel of Pilate?

Potentially. I must admit Nicodemus is a new one on me so I may have just blipped on it. I'll defer on that one.

Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :) I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

Yes, just like the theory of gravity. That old "it's just a theory!" thing is just something the Creationists latch on to, and is literally nothing more than a quirk of the language we use when categorising science. Evolution is absolutely, undeniably provable, in countless, countless ways.

Now, here are a couple of questions. And bearing in mind your standing around here, these are both "answer these or you're gone for 30 days" queries.

- Which parts of the 'theory' of evolution don't hold up for you, and why?

- If you don't buy evolution, what is your theory for how the life on this planet got made, and that? Intelligent Design? Creationism? Some weird space lizard thing?

Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :) I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

Yes, just like the theory of gravity. That old "it's just a theory!" thing is just something the Creationists latch on to, and is literally nothing more than a quirk of the language we use when categorising science. Evolution is absolutely, undeniably provable, in countless, countless ways.

Now, here are a couple of questions. And bearing in mind your standing around here, these are both "answer these or you're gone for 30 days" queries.

- If you don't buy evolution, what is your theory for how the life on this planet got made, and that? Intelligent Design? Creationism? Some weird space lizard thing?

Cheers Keith ;)

Woyzeck, I'm presuming you missed the thread a while back about my experiences with the Jehovah's Witnesses and Creationsim vs Darwinism?

Basically my opinion on Darwinism is it's another way of people "being trapped in a box", accepting what they are told and not looking at new ideas or evidence, that's what science should do right?

By believing in evolution it could be argued it stunts our evolution spiritually...

It made me laugh recently when I read an old mate on Facebook listed Richard Dawkins under his religious views, there is a religion for that - Humanism.

The theory of one species transforming into another species is what I don't believe personally. I haven't decided whether I think there's a god but I believe there is a creation force beyond our current level of understanding manipulating things. I also believe humanity and life on Earth is a huge experiment, how about that for ya? :)

Basically my opinion on Darwinism is it's another way of people "being trapped in a box", accepting what they are told and not looking at new ideas or evidence, that's what science should do right?

Oh shut the fuck up. Lay people accept what they're told about all scientific theories - evolution isn't unique in that regard. Deferring to experts isn't being trapped in a box, it's the reasonable way to form opinions about things with which you are unfamiliar. The above is such a transparent snake-oil tactic designed to get gullible people to buy into whatever bullshit the speaker is trying to sell.

The theory of one species transforming into another species is what I don't believe personally.

What do you think this transformation consists of?

• Moderators

Cheers Keith ;)

Woyzeck, I'm presuming you missed the thread a while back about my experiences with the Jehovah's Witnesses and Creationsim vs Darwinism?

By believing in evolution it could be argued it stunts our evolution spiritually...

It made me laugh recently when I read an old mate on Facebook listed Richard Dawkins under his religious views, there is a religion for that - Humanism.

The theory of one species transforming into another species is what I don't believe personally. I haven't decided whether I think there's a god but I believe there is a creation force beyond our current level of understanding manipulating things. I also believe humanity and life on Earth is a huge experiment, how about that for ya? :)

You're a fucking idiot.

Try reading something that wasn't written by a mental patient.

Cheers Keith ;)

You're a fucking idiot.

Try reading something that wasn't written by a mental patient.

Oooooooh ark at her :rolleyes: What a bitch!

Immature insults aside, a bit of synchronicity here. Last night I attended a talk on nutrition and causes of Cancer, to my surprise it included how science backs up intelligent design. In fact I saw a video clip of Richard Dawkins theorising evolution is the reason for everything yet an alien highly evolved life-form may have created everything to begin with.

Film featuring Dawkins interview:

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed Trailer

It's quite funny :thumbsup:

Dawkins quote:

In Dawkins' interview, the director focused on when Stein asked Dawkins under what circumstances intelligent design could have occurred.[61] Dawkins responded that in the case of the "highly unlikely event that some such 'Directed Panspermia' was responsible for designing life on this planet, the alien beings would themselves have to have evolved, if not by Darwinian selection, by some equivalent 'crane' (to quote Dan Dennett)." He later described this as being similar to Francis Crick and Leslie Orgel's "semi tongue-in-cheek" example.

It's funny how Aetheists are anti religion and following dogma yet they blindly follow the word of Dawkins and have Humanist wedding ceremonies, bizarre! :)

The idea we are here and all the things of nature by chance is crazy in scientific terms. It's the transfer of intelligence to the cells and how they reproduce that fascinates me the most, it's MIND-BLOWING!

Er..

In fact I saw a video clip of Richard Dawkins theorising evolution is the reason for everything yet an alien highly evolved life-form may have created everything to begin with.

Except in the quote you posted, he CLEARLY DOESN'T DO THAT!

In Dawkins' interview, the director focused on when Stein asked Dawkins under what circumstances intelligent design could have occurred.[61] Dawkins responded that in the case of the "highly unlikely event that some such 'Directed Panspermia' was responsible for designing life on this planet, the alien beings would themselves have to have evolved, if not by Darwinian selection, by some equivalent 'crane' (to quote Dan Dennett)." He later described this as being similar to Francis Crick and Leslie Orgel's "semi tongue-in-cheek" example.

He was asked under what circumstances he could conceive of intelligent design having occurred, and Dawkins CLEARLY SAYS that even if an alien race had kickstarted life on earth, they themselves would have had to have evolved through some sort of evolution.

I struggle to understand how you can put together such muddled, self-contradictory posts and yet still have the balls to try and patronise other contributors. How do you manage complex things like opening doors, turning on a computer or tying your shoelaces?

• Paid Members
It's funny how Aetheists are anti religion and following dogma yet they blindly follow the word of Dawkins and have Humanist wedding ceremonies, bizarre! :)

The idea we are here and all the things of nature by chance is crazy in scientific terms. It's the transfer of intelligence to the cells and how they reproduce that fascinates me the most, it's MIND-BLOWING!

Its not that funny about having any more of ceramonie / Festive occasion if you are non-religious (like myself) as if you do a bit of research you'll see alot of ceramonies/occasions were around long before many religions claimed the day (a good example is christmas). Yet many do various things do the symbolism of the occasion, such as a wedding for example.

TO be honest, the odds of life in the universe is so small, that the fact we are here at all is in itself mind blowing. You should check out some stuff on the creation of the universe, as i was watching a program that stephen hawing hosting in which he said its the imperfections that made the universe and everything we see today. If everything was perfect, the universe would never of come to be. A bit long winded for the forum, but look it up.

And also, yeah its possible that another life form "Kick started" our race, either on purpose or most likely accidentally if anything, but again as loki has said the bloke doesnt scream aliens at every occasion.

Duane, we do worry about your mental health some times.

Archived