The End Of The World Thread

M-Dudz

Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :)

With pinpoint prophecies like that, you should be writing books.

Ha ha! Well thank you :p I'm mostly referring to Andy Thomas' book. He simply presents the research of others and the current Zeitgeist.

I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory. Evolution is the closest word I could use to describe what I refer to.

Bowyo, no one knows what will happen, it's all theory, but as I say I try and keep a positive outlook on it all and ignore what Hollywood are pumping out about doomsday scenarios.

I do feel there is a shift occurring, a lifting of the veil, as we start to see through it - a spirit of the times. Perhaps a spiritual-evolution is more appropriate term. We need new words for new things :)

The way I see it we're in the age of Pisces - 2 fish, going around in the a circle, making the same mistakes. Humanity has been doing it for thousands of years. War, greed, voting in more useless politicians, boom and bust economics, not learning from our mistakes as a species. Shifting into a new age of Aquarius is about breaking out of that old, bad cycle, into a better new age.

I don't even know what to bold there, it's all gold!

Fair enough most people think that the reference to star suns etc sounds wacky and out there, but I'm sure most agree humanity keeps cocking things up and we need to stop making the same mistakes...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duane, why are we going from Pisces to Aquarius? Surely that's backwards?

Yes, it is isn't it, I agree. I thought it was a bit odd at first that it's the opposite direction. I'll get back with sources on this, obviously feel free to look it up yourself :)

Try wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age

Consensus approach to the astrological ages

Though so many issues are contentious or disputed, there are two aspects of the astrological ages that have virtually unanimous consensus—firstly, the link of the astrological ages to the axial precession;[12] secondly, that, due to the nature of the precession of the equinoxes, the progression of the ages proceeds in reverse direction through the zodiacal signs.[13] Normally, during the course of the astrological year, commencing around 21 March at the vernal equinox, the Sun moves through the zodiacal signs commencing with Aries, then Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and, finally, Pisces. After Pisces the Sun enters Aries and commences the cycle all over again. However, the astrological ages proceed in the reverse direction. Therefore, after the Age of Pisces, the next age is the Age of Aquarius, followed by the Age of Capricorn, and so on.

There is a third aspect of the astrological ages that has very wide consensus amongst astrologers. Though astrologers cannot agree upon the year, century or millennium for the start of any age, they generally agree upon the core historical events associated with the recent Ages since the start of the Holocene Epoch. For example, the Age of Leo with massive global warming that resulted in the deglaciation of Earth at the end of the last Ice Age, Age of Cancer with domestication and the Biblical Flood (most likely a by-product of rising sea level from deglaciation); the Age of Gemini is associated with the invention of writing, the Age of Taurus with Ancient Egypt and its massive pyramids, the Aries age with the Iron Age and the Age of Pisces with Christianity. Astrologers claim that each zodiacal sign has associated archetypes, which are often referred to traditionally as 'rulerships'. For example, Gemini rules the hands, dexterity and communication and draws upon all these archetypes to produce the first written word in the Age of Gemini, specifically in Sumer, Mesopotamia.

Andy Thomas refers to the work of Geoff Stray on 2012. His site

• Moderators
Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :) I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

Yes, just like the theory of gravity. That old "it's just a theory!" thing is just something the Creationists latch on to, and is literally nothing more than a quirk of the language we use when categorising science. Evolution is absolutely, undeniably provable, in countless, countless ways.

Now, here are a couple of questions. And bearing in mind your standing around here, these are both "answer these or you're gone for 30 days" queries.

- Which parts of the 'theory' of evolution don't hold up for you, and why?

- If you don't buy evolution, what is your theory for how the life on this planet got made, and that? Intelligent Design? Creationism? Some weird space lizard thing?

• Paid Members
Errr, I hate to do this but you're wrong. A star going Supernova means it will explode in a damned impressive manner, and it needs a certain mass to do so. Our sun doesnt, and wont have, the mass to do that. The sun will burn out and end up as a White Dwarf (and then in theory a black dwarf). So yeah, no supernova for our sun Im afraid.

Ha, Fair dues then, my bad.........Either way, the point was whatever he was banging on about will keep happening until the sun ends, which will be the burning out ;). On a related note, i read that if some theories are correct it will leave beind a earth sized Diamond, due to the structure of the suns particles. Not sure if thats true or not., but interesting.

And:

I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

WHAT? Sorry dude, Evolution is indeed a FACT. It is a very slow process, and is happening in front of your very eyes. Mind you, just in case you think its a "Chimp into human" sort of thing that so many religions like to point out, its way more than that and i suggest you read into it. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but its not as magic as people would like to believe, and its is the 100% truth. To be honest if you just think about idea of it........it makes pure sense.

Then again i might be talking to the wrong people if i'm after sense.

• Paid Members

I'd just like to point out that, as a Christian, I find people that deny evolution extremely annoying. The fact is, when Darwin came up with it the general religious consensus seemed to be "yeah...that makes sense".

I blame americans.

• Awards Moderator
Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :) I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

Now, here are a couple of questions. And bearing in mind your standing around here, these are both "answer these or you're gone for 30 days" queries.

I take it he's been mod-twatted now, given the lack of reply?

Archived