The End Of The World Thread

M-Dudz

Figured this subject was big enough to warrant a thread...

Thoughts. Theories. Alien landings. Melting Icecaps etc. etc. what are your predictions and knowledge about the end of the world? Mayan legend says it'll be 21st December 2012, but what did they know!

Theological opinons, philliosphical debates and ridicule, all welcome in this happy little thread :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I do believe something will happen next year, but not because an ancient civilization just happened to end their calendar on a certain date (it had to end sometime, right?) but because someone will make something happen, be it a terrorist group who think it's a good idea to target the Olympics or perhaps someone gets fed up of being pushed around by the Americans. I certainly don't see the end of the world though!

Surely if the world's gonna end, it'll be down to our own technology. My theory is that if the end of the world is going to happen, it's going to be due to solar flares. These solar flares are going to wreak havoc with all the satellites circling the earth and all electrical mains supplies thus creating utter pandemonium for the western world. So as long as you're out in the boonies and nowhere near any pylons, telegraph poles or satellite dishes, you might be alright.

I do believe something will happen next year, but not because an ancient civilization just happened to end their calendar on a certain date (it had to end sometime, right?) but because someone will make something happen, be it a terrorist group who think it's a good idea to target the Olympics or perhaps someone gets fed up of being pushed around by the Americans. I certainly don't see the end of the world though!

So you're predicting next year may have a war or an act of terrorism in it, somewhere in the world?

Does sound a pretty safe bet, it must be said.

• Paid Members

So you're predicting next year may have a war or an act of terrorism in it, somewhere in the world?

Does sound a pretty safe bet, it must be said.

I was talking more on big scale, rather than the stuff that happens every year. Something like 9/11, rather than blowing up a car. Likewise with a War, I was thinking nuclear.

Archived