The End Of The World Thread

M-Dudz

• Paid Members
He covered that with "There's also a good chance nothing will happen on December 21st 2012 and the next stage of human evolution for want of a better word, will continue gradually."

I love how he said that the above also, because yes......thats how evolution works! It goes very slowly over billions of years! Every organism on the planet is constantly evolving in some way/shape or form. It will not get to the date in 2012 and everybody suddenly accends into beings of pure light etc.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you keep mentioning google? Why do they care? Why do you care if they know or not? Google might keep a record or whats trending, but again i dont think they care if its coming or not.

I don't either. It's just a prediction. From the world's number one source of data.

Google do not keep a record of what's trending. It's just algorithms.

I'm aware of how supernova's work, If you read what I wrote you would see i had put "that this will keep happening until the sun goes super nova, which would be in various billions of years"......As in a Time scale thing. Y

es in this case "X" would equal "11" as the phrase "X ammount" would be equal to the ammount that is relevent, so if that number is 11 years.......then well done you. So for you to think i'm saying something else , that is strange.

Again. No. The Sun will not go supernova. It does not have enough mass.

You say you are aware of how it works so why do you get it wrong after being told?

If you care about solar activity there are agencies that monitor it constantly and the results are all published online. The stats are all available too.

Do you know why with each sun cycle we are at more and more risk to the effects of CME's?

It's because the effects are similar to an EMP. As our civilization grows with more and more reliance on technology we become more and more exposed to these risks.

We have suffered from CME's in the past and will do again. This is just scienctific fact that anybody can learn from official sources.

People like the much-esteemed Dr Michio Kaku have done mainstream interviews on this matter so a science buff like your good self should be right up-to-date on these matters!

:)

• Paid Members

Are you doing this just to play funny buggers?

The sun will go super nova "IN BILLIONS OF YEARS" :

The sun is about 4.5 billion years old and it is estimated to still possess a 5-billion year supply of hydrogen (hydrogen is the fuel that drives nuclear fusion on the sun). Therefore, it is predicted that our sun will die in approximately 5 billion years.

Once the sun has converted all its hydrogen into helium, the sun will change from its current form, a yellow dwarf, into a red giant. As a red giant, its diameter will extend well beyond the orbit of Venus, and even possibly beyond the orbit of Earth. When the sun enters the red giant phase, in which it will spend the final 10 percent of its lifetime, the Earth will be burned to a cinder.

It does not have enough mass now, but will.....when it dies out in 5-7 billion years. Its a proven fact.

And seriously, i get what you're saying about google. I fully understand that they have formulated something to tell them what is trending etc. I GET IT. What i keep asking you is this, why do you keep bringing it up? If its not important, why mention it. Google do this as there job.......the run a search engine for fucks sake. So why is is this important information, other than to people like yourself, who randomly mention it for no reason other than to confuse people. Are you pulling the pulling "the wookie defence" on us or something?

So seriously stop being a mong, and mention stuff that is relevent or shut up. And coming from me, you must be a fucking idiot, if I of all people have to tell you to stop being a mong.

Edit And also:

NASA officials said Friday that an upcoming solar flare does not pose an existential threat to the earth.

Responding to reports that sun, which is slated to peak in its 11-year cycle in 2012, would launch a solar flare the size of multiple earths, possibly stripping large portions of the earth’s atmosphere.

There simply isn’t enough energy in the sun to send a killer fireball 93 million miles to destroy Earth, NASA heliophysicist Alex Young said.

“Most importantly, however, there simply isn’t enough energy in the sun to send a killer fireball 93 million miles to destroy Earth,” NASA officials wrote in a statement.

The sun is indeed building up toward the peak of its 11-year activity cycle. But that peak is expected to come in 2013 or 2014, not 2012, researchers said, noting that NASA officials are closely monitoring the situation.

A sunspot is a magnetically active region on the sun that appears dark because it’s relatively cooler than the surrounding area6,000 F versus 10,000 F. The current solar flare is thought to originate from a giant cluster of sunspots, several of which are larger than our entire planet.

NASA officials noted that this same solar cycle has occurred over millennia and anyone over the age of 11 has already lived through such a solar maximum with no harm.

Still, NASA officials warned that the solar flare could disrupt an increasingly technological world. National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.

Scientists at NASA and the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration can give warnings to electric companies, spacecraft operators, and other concerned entities when the most intense forms of space weather are on their way, officials said.

So shut up.

Unfortunately not. He's a true partaker of the madness of Icke. You can tell by the way he makes lists all the time.

Back on-topic, ish. I worked for an IT firm over the Millennium, and the "bug" was certainly a real thing. The old systems we were still supporting at the time, right back to System 25s, had a two-digit year field in the BIOS, and so at the point it became '01, the clock would tick back round. We ran some simulations and the main issue was with Searches, where stuff from last year, 99, wouldn't appear as it was in the future.

It was totally easy to fix, mind you, but off the back of it we sold hundreds of system updates at vast costs, so it was definitely hay-making time for IT companies.

He covered that with "There's also a good chance nothing will happen on December 21st 2012 and the next stage of human evolution for want of a better word, will continue gradually."

I love how he said that the above also, because yes......thats how evolution works! It goes very slowly over billions of years! Every organism on the planet is constantly evolving in some way/shape or form. It will not get to the date in 2012 and everybody suddenly accends into beings of pure light etc.

Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :) I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory. Evolution is the closest word I could use to describe what I refer to.

Bowyo, no one knows what will happen, it's all theory, but as I say I try and keep a positive outlook on it all and ignore what Hollywood are pumping out about doomsday scenarios.

I do feel there is a shift occurring, a lifting of the veil, as we start to see through it - a spirit of the times. Perhaps a spiritual-evolution is more appropriate term. We need new words for new things :)

The way I see it we're in the age of Pisces - 2 fish, going around in the a circle, making the same mistakes. Humanity has been doing it for thousands of years. War, greed, voting in more useless politicians, boom and bust economics, not learning from our mistakes as a species. Shifting into a new age of Aquarius is about breaking out of that old, bad cycle, into a better new age.

• Paid Members

The sun will go super nova "IN BILLIONS OF YEARS" :

The sun is about 4.5 billion years old and it is estimated to still possess a 5-billion year supply of hydrogen (hydrogen is the fuel that drives nuclear fusion on the sun). Therefore, it is predicted that our sun will die in approximately 5 billion years.

Once the sun has converted all its hydrogen into helium, the sun will change from its current form, a yellow dwarf, into a red giant. As a red giant, its diameter will extend well beyond the orbit of Venus, and even possibly beyond the orbit of Earth. When the sun enters the red giant phase, in which it will spend the final 10 percent of its lifetime, the Earth will be burned to a cinder.

It does not have enough mass now, but will.....when it dies out in 5-7 billion years. Its a proven fact.

Errr, I hate to do this but you're wrong. A star going Supernova means it will explode in a damned impressive manner, and it needs a certain mass to do so. Our sun doesnt, and wont have, the mass to do that. The sun will burn out and end up as a White Dwarf (and then in theory a black dwarf). So yeah, no supernova for our sun Im afraid.

• Paid Members

Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :) I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

Do you know what the word theory means in science terms? If not go look it up. And you can see evolution happening in front of our eyes, there are examples all around that show it in action (such as the moth species that became entirely black during the industrial revolution).

Haha!! What I meant is something might not magically happen that people will notice, maybe it will :)

With pinpoint prophecies like that, you should be writing books.

I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory. Evolution is the closest word I could use to describe what I refer to.

Bowyo, no one knows what will happen, it's all theory, but as I say I try and keep a positive outlook on it all and ignore what Hollywood are pumping out about doomsday scenarios.

I do feel there is a shift occurring, a lifting of the veil, as we start to see through it - a spirit of the times. Perhaps a spiritual-evolution is more appropriate term. We need new words for new things :)

The way I see it we're in the age of Pisces - 2 fish, going around in the a circle, making the same mistakes. Humanity has been doing it for thousands of years. War, greed, voting in more useless politicians, boom and bust economics, not learning from our mistakes as a species. Shifting into a new age of Aquarius is about breaking out of that old, bad cycle, into a better new age.

I don't even know what to bold there, it's all gold!

• Paid Members
I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution,

"Evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts do not go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's, but apples did not suspend themselves in mid-air, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape-like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

I don't personally agree with the idea of the theory of evolution, it is a theory.

Oh, Christ, Duane, really? As well as the Scientology, 9/11 theories, Lizard men and pretend paedophiles, you're also a Creationist?

What's next - flat earth theory? Are you going to dismiss the concept of a heliocentric planetary system as a "theory" and then prefer something you read online as an "alternative"?

The 'theory of evolution' is a theory in the same way as gravity is a theory. If you'd like, you could take a running jump off a tall building and see how dubious that theory is. Please report back with your findings.

Archived