The End Of The World Thread

M-Dudz

My new house (yes, it DID take moving to shake 'em) used to belong to an old gent, and so the front door is covered in those official "No Cold Calls / No Salesman" stickers that the police give out, and yet people STILL ring the bell, mainly charity chuggers. It gives me a wonderful excuse to tell them to get FUCKED, and I can just point to the door angrily. You even see a twinge of guilt occasionally.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm sure it did her some good to go over her lines with somebody polite instead of being told to fuck off. That latter treatment is reserved for unsolicited telesales.

Isn't that what the religious door-knockers are, though?

I think the difference is that a) the lady is out there in the cold and I've made eye contact with her, and b) she doesn't start every conversation with "Is that Mr Hunter?", because the cunts who got hold of our phone details and sent them on decided to attach my missus's surname to me.

I was relatively pleasant about it once upon a time but there have been enough repeats (and ignored requests to delete our details) that I don't feel I owe them any time at all. The same would be true, by the way, of the JW if she called repeatedly (once a year is not overly intrusive) and tried to put her foot in the door after the conversation had come to its end. She's been perfectly pleasant and civil and not pushed any boundaries. The last time it was a quick two-minute chat with her quite relaxed that she wasn't making a sale, and so going on her way.

• Paid Members
My new house (yes, it DID take moving to shake 'em) used to belong to an old gent, and so the front door is covered in those official "No Cold Calls / No Salesman" stickers that the police give out, and yet people STILL ring the bell, mainly charity chuggers. It gives me a wonderful excuse to tell them to get FUCKED, and I can just point to the door angrily. You even see a twinge of guilt occasionally.

If you've got a sticker up and they still knock, take the name of who they're working for and report them. As the company can be fined for letting their agents do it, most employers list it as gross misconduct.

• Paid Members
Anyone cold calling, whatever they're selling, be it electricity or saving your soul, has earned the prize of being told to fuck right off.

Yup.

Incidentally, South Park's "All about the Mormons" covered the "too nice" thing really well.

Edit: Although I'm aware the impressions were probably no good

• Paid Members

The current Bible has four different testaments of Jesus in already, and there's also the Gospels of Mary Magdalene and of Nicodemus. One more isn't going to hurt.

But yes, when given the book I did walk away going "Dum dum dum dum dum" to myself.

• Paid Members

To be fair to the mormons, regardless of the pure random nature of the religion , the people are super nice to a strange degree, but also lead really clean and healthy lives. They also seem fairly happy about it so fair play to them.

In regards to the book, i'm aware of the other testaments of jesus, i just think its funny how its written. It randomly made me think the next one would be "the book of mormon 2: Jesus' day out" or something like that.

• Paid Members
The current Bible has four different testaments of Jesus in already, and there's also the Gospels of Mary Magdalene and of Nicodemus. One more isn't going to hurt.

But yes, when given the book I did walk away going "Dum dum dum dum dum" to myself.

Both of which are discredited by Scholars, along with Thomas, secret mark and Pilate.

Archived