The End Of The World Thread

M-Dudz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My post on the subject from the paranormal thread:

Most of the doomsday theories are based on astronomical events at the time of what's said to be 'the end' of the Mayan calendar and assume that Mayans constructed the calendar influenced purely by the skies, in particular the Great Rift in the Milky Way.

Some claim that the Mayans were aware of the Ecliptic intersected with the great rift, and that is was of 'special significance' in their cosmology.

According to Jenkins' hypothesis:

The Sun precisely aligns with this intersection point at the winter solstice of 2012. Jenkins claimed that the classical Mayans anticipated this conjunction and celebrated it as the harbinger of a profound spiritual transition for mankind. New Age proponents of the galactic alignment hypothesis argue that, just as astrology uses the positions of stars and planets to make claims of future events, the Mayans plotted their calendars with the objective of preparing for significant world events. Jenkins attributes the insights of ancient Maya shamans about the galactic center to their use of psilocybin mushrooms, psychoactive toads, and other psychedelics. Jenkins also associates the Xibalba be with a "world tree", drawing on studies of contemporary (not ancient) Maya cosmology.

This is all kinds of bullshit and it amazes me that these theorists don't do their research. Astronomers argue that the galactic equator is impossible to determine the start and end of, as it is an arbitrary line. Jenkins' theory was made from observations of the galactic equator from 11,000ft which is higher than any of the mayans ever lived and alignments of the Sun at any single point is not on specific years Instead it takes place over a 36 year period and the most precise convergence with the centre of the Sun has already occurred in 1998. Even though Jenkins has said this himself in recent years, others still make batshit theories just based on this alignment. I'm not even going to go there about the psychoactive toads.

Apocalyptic views from others based on this alignment, say that it will create a gravitational effect between the Earth and Saggitarius A*, a 'super massive black hole' at the centre of our universe. As well as the 'galactic alignment' he predicted already happened in 1998, the apparent path of the Sun through the Zodiac as seen from Earth isn't anywhere near the galactic centre of the universe, but a few degrees above it which is a substantial distance. Saggitarius A* is also some 30,000 light years from earth so couldn't have any gravitational effect on the Earth's solar system. To have any sort of effect, Saggitarius A* would have to be more than 6 million times closer to us.

Another hypothesis suggest it relates to a "very different galactic alignment" which is proposed by some to explain a supposed periodicy in mass extinctions. It supposes that vertical oscillations of the sun cause it to regulary pass through the galactic plane. When the Sun is taken out of the plane by it's orbit the influence of galactic tides is weaker and as it re-enters the galactic disk like it does every 20-25 million years, it's influenced by disk tides which are far stronger. According to mathematical codes it increases the flux of Oort cloud comets into our solar systems by a factor of 4, making a devastating impact on the Earth more likely. The problem with this is this alignment takes places over tens of millions of years and pinning it down to an exact date is impossible. In relation to what evidence we have, it last happened only 3 million years ago and that the Sun is now moving further from the galactic disk.

Other theories such as geomagnetic reversal have truth in them but as far as it being the end of the world is crap. Some hypothesis' say that this will be cause by a massive solar flare because at the time of 21/12/12 there will be a solar maximum. First of all, there is no evidence to suggest that a geomagnetic reversal would have any devastating effect on us. The Earth has gone through reversals before and we survived. Secondly, the last reversal we had was 780,000 years ago and although scientists say we are overdue a reversal they take place over about 5,000 years so even if it did have an effect we wouldn't know about it for a long time. As for the solar flare, the Sun's cycle is around 11 years long and we are at the end of the current cycle. The solar maximum was originally predicted to be at the end of 2012, but is now predicted to be in May 2013 and will be the weakest since 1928. Before, NASA said it would be the strongest since the 50's which I guess theorists are clinging to. It goes back to what some people were saying about the solar maximum during 2000, with scientists saying that it would be disastrous for orbiting satellites and telephone communications, a theory which evolved into the 'Millennium Bug'. What happened? Nothing.

Bottom line is all these theories are based on galactical events and there is little or no evidence historical or archeological to suggest that they were influenced by them or solstices.

The guy who wrote that is out-of-date or didn't do his own research.

He should use sites like this one: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

Then he would know that the sun is going mental this year and we're set for this to continue for the next few years.

We had the largest geomagnetic storm in over fifty years about six weeks ago. It affected precise GPS equipment around some airports in North America. The CME hit the ground on Norway causing minor seizmic shocks.

Dr Michio Kaku (yeah, him) said we are due a big one at this time and we've got it.

How many spotless days for the sun this year????

(He also said EMP's would be the easiest way for aliens to bring us down, followed by magnetic rail guns firing bolts into the seas to create tidal waves folllowed by a dose of an alien bug... and then onto guerrilla warfare from the humans but that's just a tale... like all that last card stuff... but yeah, if aliens come, they will be fake because real aliens would have zero interest in talking to little bugs like us. Study us perhaps.)

The mayan calander works in cycles. Then end of the cycle is about now - it's not the date the thread has used. That's just a "Hollywood" date.

The next cycle in the calendar means Evolution or something like that. It's the end of one cycle and the start of another.

This is a good time for the Mayan calendar.

aug11mayacalendar.jpg

I love that in South America they also used the same symbols and geometry as China and Egypt.

The Flower of Life symbol goes without saying how it's so wow.

As for what will happen next year.... there will be yet more moves to further consolidate and centralize power in the hands of the Technocrats and Banking Elite. This will involve even more financial crisis. That only they can solve of course. With more legislation, naturally.

World War 3 will start between now and 2020. That's a theory for now but looking at the the news... it's obvious.

Google have a computer that spots trends and says what will happen. It says WAR. Lots of WAR. And Google's calculations are tight as a nuns.

So basically..... 2012 will be more of the same. Business as usual.

• Paid Members

What are you on Aaron?

The solar flare stuff happens naturally every X ammount of years, and it'll happen again. The 2012 stuff was flat out bollocks then, and its bollocks now. And as far as the world war 3 stuff, its all bollocks.

Not heard about a machine that picks up trends etc, but sorry to break it to you.....its all bollocks again.

Get the lizards on the phone!

What are you on Aaron?

The solar flare stuff happens naturally every X ammount of years, and it'll happen again. The 2012 stuff was flat out bollocks then, and its bollocks now. And as far as the world war 3 stuff, its all bollocks.

Not heard about a machine that picks up trends etc, but sorry to break it to you.....its all bollocks again.

2012 is bollocks. Yes.

Spotting trends is what Google does. Sorry to break it to you... just because you haven't heard about it doesn't make it bollocks.

As someone within the industry, I feel comfortable with the fact that Google do this.

The solar maximum happens roughly every 11 years. Yes.

In September we had the biggest in years fifty years.

It's not bollocks. It's science!

See NOAA's site. It's science.

As for World War 3, just read the news? Russia, China, US, Israel, Syria, Iran, Germany... the news reads like the 30's.

As for lizards... there is no hard proof of anything like that so best to not confuse the real issues with the fantasy ;)

It's easy to say stuff like that... as I am also concerned about my own precarious mental condition, please highlight the passages of concern for further discussion.

Was it how I highlighted NOAA as being a good source of space weather information?

Was it how I noted Google as being a top company for spotting trends?

Was it how I doubted the existence of little green men?

Was it how I showed an informed position on the Mayan Calender?

Was it how I rejected talk of 2012 End of the World theory?

Was it how I suggest reading the news to spot for the next war?

Please, do tell what I say that scares people.... I'd like to discuss them freely if possible but all we get is people going "Bollocks!" and "Madness!" and "ALIENS!"... yet I've not spoke of these things in any serious context.

• Paid Members
What are you on Aaron?

2012 is bollocks. Yes.

Spotting trends is what Google does. Sorry to break it to you... just because you haven't heard about it doesn't make it bollocks.

As someone within the industry, I feel comfortable with the fact that Google do this.

The solar maximum happens roughly every 11 years. Yes.

In September we had the biggest in years fifty years.

It's not bollocks. It's science!

See NOAA's site. It's science.

As for World War 3, just read the news? Russia, China, US, Israel, Syria, Iran, Germany... the news reads like the 30's.

As for lizards... there is no hard proof of anything like that so best to not confuse the real issues with the fantasy ;)

Yes, i accept google spot trends is what they do, for stuff like advertising not for the purpose of them having this information to do shit all with it, on that basis they know life mysteries and are just sitting up in Google HQ laughing about it. Just because the word "War" or there about it trending doesnt mean a war is about to break out......it could mean a bunch of lizard followers like yourself are talking about it, thus is is trending?

I didnt say the solar stuff was bollock just that it happens every X ammount of years, so its not like big news. It is to people who think its like some crazy event, but it naturally happens and will continue to do so until the sun goes super nova in X ammount of billions of years.

Its not like the 30's at all. Its nowhere near as bad "Money wise" as it was in the 30's, until i see somebody in germany buying bread with a 1 millions euro note, i wont think its as bad as it was in the 30's.

During the mid 1910's and moving into the second world war, If you do your history, you'll find it wasnt several different things happening at non related random times over various years, (all the stuff with russia/middle east has been on going since the 80's for example). The war greatly effected various countries and the world econmy was mostly dire around the end of the first world war. America and Germany in particular.

The first world war sort of happended randomly over one night due to the 2 smaller countries falling out due to the assisnation of one the main leaders, which caused all the "Contracted" allies such as france, us and russia jumping in. A very pointless was that left again various contries involved broke, and greatly effected the british also.

The second world war was a bit more easier to spot, but again it was more to do with people stepping in rather than any crazy war conspiricy. America ended up doing very well as you know from this from coming out of depression to testing nuclear weapons. But there is more to the coming out of depression such as various new products coming into the market such as cars, kitchen appliences etc.

So nothing at all points to world war 3, and with with previous "cold war" most countries know it would be global suicide to do anything, because everybody has Nuclear weapons, and it would infact kill everybody if all out war broke out. The damage alone would be to much, let alone the worlds economy going to shit from an all out war would do to them.

So NO.NO.NO.NO. You are a fruit cake.

Yes, i accept google spot trends is what they do, for stuff like advertising not for the purpose of them having this information to do shit all with it, on that basis they know life mysteries and are just sitting up in Google HQ laughing about it. Just because the word "War" or there about it trending doesnt mean a war is about to break out......it could mean a bunch of lizard followers like yourself are talking about it, thus is is trending?

Lizard followers... yeah, just repeat that old line even when it's a) untrue and b) irrelevant.

Google's algorithm's are more sophisticated then you could comprehend son.

The thing with predictions is that they are just predictions. In me using the word prediction I'm saying they predict it. I'm not saying they know it.

I didnt say the solar stuff was bollock just that it happens every X ammount of years, so its not like big news. It is to people who think its like some crazy event, but it naturally happens and will continue to do so until the sun goes super nova in X ammount of billions of years.

You are clueless on this subject.

The sun will not go super nova because it does not have enough mass.

The X is your statement is roughly equal to 11.

You have the same access to information that I do: NOAA.

Alternatively, visit the communities online and view the discussions on the current cycle and why our civilization is at risk from it.

It's nothing but science.

Its not like the 30's at all. Its nowhere near as bad "Money wise" as it was in the 30's, until i see somebody in germany buying bread with a 1 millions euro note, i wont think its as bad as it was in the 30's.

On a global scale, it's worse money-wise. I learnt that from the mainstream media! This recession is bigger they say.

Hyper-inflation is what Germany experienced in the 30's. Don't rule this out from happening again.

Do you know what a "reserve currency" is?

Waffle

Waffle.

Are you going to answer any of the responses to your recent ramblings across the board or continue to spurt nonsense at us?

I direct your attention to your clearing house stuff, now in the Fortean thread, also your "corporatist" post in the General Politics thread.

It seems like a lot of unstable conspiracy theorists, you don't like looking too closely at what you're regurgitating from other sites.

Also... you've used the word "science" in this thread to refer to astrology and calendar theory. I don't think you understand what the word means..

Are you going to answer any of the responses to your recent ramblings across the board or continue to spurt nonsense at us?

I direct your attention to your clearing house stuff, now in the Fortean thread, also your "corporatist" post in the General Politics thread.

It seems like a lot of unstable conspiracy theorists, you don't like looking too closely at what you're regurgitating from other sites.

Also... you've used the word "science" in this thread to refer to astrology and calendar theory. I don't think you understand what the word means..

Yes. Science. It's what NOAA do. The sun is made of science stuff.

I think you are confusing astronomy and astrology.

Archived