Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I'd also heard a couple of names and Angle was one of them. RVD was another but I just put it down to people randomly throwing out big names.

Yeah, I was told they even tried Hogan only to get a shock at just how much that would cost.
I got told about a quote he offered as well a few years ago. Quite a crazy sum Edited by Jon-Carr_92

• Paid Members

Punk and Cabana have had a falling out apparently. All over the lawsuit currently going on and Punk thinking Cabana doesnt "have his back." Punk's stopped following him on twitter even. I mean in the same year as Beefcake and Hogan falling out as well? I'm just hoping Big Kev and Scott are still pals by the end of it.

If Punk and Cabana have split up, who gets custody of Maxwell on a weekend?

• Paid Members

Man, Punk has millions of dollars with which to fight that case, something Cabana doesn't have. If I was his shoes, I'd not have his back either if it meant me avoiding bankruptcy.

• Paid Members

If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me all that much. Punk seems the type to be able to fall out with just about anybody and Colt being his best mate all these years has pretty much killed his chances of the WWE job that he has always dreamed of. Even years after being released by them you can see that it still kills Colt and now seeing all these old guys they are bringing into NXT must be pouring salt on that wound. He must have those thoughts in his head that Punk being such a dickhead has cost him his dream, it wouldn't shock me if there is resentment there that could brew up into something ugly.

• Paid Members

Punk's going to end up a lonely, bitter old man without any friends complaining about his Sky connection, isn't he? He alienates people left right and centre. His supposed good friend Michelle Beadle and now Cabana. Fucking Cabana! When I think of best friends in wrestling over the past 15 years, these two come to mind instantly. My guess is that Cabana gave Punk a couple of honest opinions on this case and Punk went on a pissy little strop.

If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me all that much. Punk seems the type to be able to fall out with just about anybody and Colt being his best mate all these years has pretty much killed his chances of the WWE job that he has always dreamed of. Even years after being released by them you can see that it still kills Colt and now seeing all these old guys they are bringing into NXT must be pouring salt on that wound. He must have those thoughts in his head that Punk being such a dickhead has cost him his dream, it wouldn't shock me if there is resentment there that could brew up into something ugly.

He only got the job because of Punk in the first place. Punk then tried to push for him again and it didn't work because they just weren't interested. To think he'd have been getting the call now would have to be pretty delusional on his part. He isn't as good as AJ, Joe or Aries.

I'd say he has been much better of with Punk than if he had tried to do it alone.

I've also heard Cabana is just as much of a dick as Punk, he just tries a lot harder to hide it

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

I don't buy the Punk and Cabana thing at all, what's the source?

People keep mentioning them not following each other on Twitter but on AOW Cabana is always going on about not following his friends on Twitter who have bad Twitter accounts. Punk tweeting about Hockey 24/7 probably fits that. Whole story feels like wrestling Twitter nonsense.