Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

He's in the trailer quite a bit and he has a car chase with Bond through Rome. He isn't just some background Roidy Magoo. I'm sure he isn't going to be challenging for any awards but he isn't just some scrub that they could have got from the local gym either.

I assume he's over for the premiere as the film itself is out in a couple of weeks

A new promotion is supposedly starting out of Las Vegas soon. It's called Classic Wrestling Revolution. It appears the plan is for it to be a more old school style promotion with a team-based format and according to Jake Roberts on the latest Adam Carolla podcast they've hired him, Terry Funk, Shane Douglas and Tommy Dreamer as the trainers. Road Warrior Animal will likely be a trainer as well. Douglas is also either the main booker or one of the bookers. Kevin Sullivan was also involved in trying to launch it off the ground, but it's unknown if he's still involved. Some reality TV folks seem to be in the mix too. The promotion is said to be backed by a millionaire by the name of Bill Townsend. They're supposedly planning on offering a full medical and retirement plan to their wrestlers. Also, originally they were saying that they are planning to debut with 250 live events in the US.

They've recently released some teaser videos but it's obviously all older footage since Roddy Piper is in them:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMecerALj4YHxQVd9i0fJ-Q/videos

So yeah, this is a thing now, apparently. Now let's see how long it lasts...

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

Obviously this is covered in the UK Shows subforum thread, but I think it's worthy of note here that ICW have sold out a month in advance for their big show of the year at the SECC. That's right around 5,000 tickets for a UK promotion with virtually no imports (Rhyno on the undercard, Foley guest appearance) and a main event with a kid who used to post on this forum.

All it takes is one show to get hooked. I went to spacebaws 2, amd even as basically an undercard event, it was a great night out. Sadly working in brighton 15th so can't attend, but nearly a bought a ticket just in case yesterday. Will have to wait to fear and lothian. Didn't even consider wwe events up here as just doesn't look the fun icw is.

Fair play to ICW.

I went to Barramania this past March after being so impressed at the first Liverpool show they did. It was quite a jump in venue size and it was nice to see a crowd so big be so in to the show. Tripling the biggest crowd for F&L should be a sight to behold.