Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Brilliant stuff.

WWE must jizz in their pants when something like this happens. Mainstream, non-piss-taking exposure with a star they're actually trying to push.

Spot on. Great exposure that is genuinely funny and not at all forced. Stewart comes across well but he get's Rollins over. Top man.

Rollins/J + J vs Orton/Stewart, whilst pissing off the neverbeenkisseds (thanks, Pity) would undoubtedly bring exposure and ultimately be better for Rollins profile and career than a 1-on-1 with Orton that most will have forgotten by this time next year.

Rollins/J + J vs Orton/Stewart, whilst pissing off the neverbeenkisseds (thanks, Pity) would undoubtedly bring exposure and ultimately be better for Rollins profile and career than a 1-on-1 with Orton that most will have forgotten by this time next year.

That's what I'm thinking, rollins gets the win for momentum and runs away, orton/Stewart hand out a couple of rkos to j+j, everybody is happy.

How come he's guest starring on Raw? Is it just shits and giggles, or is he promoting something, or are they paying him?

He's a big fan, has been front row with his kids at a couple of the Boston PPV's and Raw is at New Jersey - he lives locally.

It's probably a freebie, the guy makes near $30m-a-year.

• Paid Members

How come he's guest starring on Raw? Is it just shits and giggles, or is he promoting something, or are they paying him?

He's a big fan, has been front row with his kids at a couple of the Boston PPV's and Raw is at New Jersey - he lives locally.

It's probably a freebie, the guy makes near $30m-a-year.

You don't make $30m a year with a reputation of doing things for free.

Vince Russo, after weeks of calling out Dave Meltzer for reporting that Russo was angling to get back into wrestling with Lucha Underground, calling Meltzer a liar, has abruptly quit his own website today.

First this:

FECP6ab.png

Then this message on his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialvincerusso/posts/386607868178447

TO ALL VISITORS OF PYROANDBALLYHOO.COM,

As of today I am no longer associated with the website, or brand, pyroandballyhoo.com in any way, shape, or form. I will not be posting anything---blogs, videos, podcasts, from this point going forward. I am no way any longer associated with the site.

Please know, that if you renew your monthly membership, you will not be getting any content from Vince Russo from this day going forward. I also ask you to not buy any Vince Russo merchandise, as I no longer have access to the orders.

I will keep you all updated of my future endeavors here on my Facebook page.

As always I have been and still am very thankful for all your support.

I'll keep you posted.

Peace,

Vince

Hmmm... what could it all mean?

I would suggest that people with IPW-UK tickets looking forward to Russo wrestling in Tonbridge on March 15th - don't hold your breath! 

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Why?

Are there still people clueless enough in 2015 to get their panties in a bunch about 'workrate'? I haven't heard that term used since about 2006.

Stewart is just being used in the same way Snooki was used back in 2011 - to get a bit of extra mainstream publicity for WM31. Nothing groundbreaking. Seth isn't going to become a massive mainstream star off the back of this, nor is this designed for him to get that. It's just using a known U.S. celebrity to get WM31 publicity in the U.S.

Besides, I'm sure we'll all see Orton vs Rollins in 1-on-1 matches a million times before the end of 2015.

Edited by ClassicsGuy