Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Noticed a few pro wrestling and MMA personalities have spoken out against the decision on Twitter since the announcement...

Kurt Angle ‏@RealKurtAngle

#saveolympicwrestling. Show Your Love for the Sport. IOC Must Reverse Decision. Trend It Worldwide. #USAWrestling #TNAWrestling

Dixie Carter ‏@TNADixie

Can't believe the @Olympics decision today. Let your voices be heard #SaveOlympicWrestling #WrestlingMatters

Big E Langston ‏@BigELangston

The IOC's decision to drop wrestling in 2020 is baffling. I learned life lessons on the mat that I'll never forget. #SaveOlympicWrestling

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian

Banning wrestling in the Olympics goes way beyond the event itself. It will affect this amazing sport at every level! #SaveOlympicWrestling

Shawn Michaels ‏@ShawnMichaels

No "Shooter" by a LONG shot. I learned more about hardwork, discipline & technique in 6mo of amateur wrestling. #SaveOlympicWrestling

But my favourite is Joe Rogan's assessment of the situation:

Joe Rogan ‏@joerogan

Wrestling has been dropped from the olympics?! What a terrible decision re one of the greatest sports ever

Joe Rogan ‏@joerogan

Wrestling is out of the Olympics, speed walking and ping pong are still in. We're fucked. Humans ruin everything.

• Paid Members
They could have tried it somewhere else instead of the TNA's biggest Pay Per View of 2007, Bound For Glory. I'm glad it was a trial and error match which we didn't have to endure again.

Well, yeah - suppose they could've put it on a smaller PPV, but let's not lose perspective: at least it wasn't the main event. One could view it in the same vein as the gimmick battle royal at WM17, only shitter.

I couldn't see it ever working. Even the name is ridiculous. I also didn't like how the aim was to put the belt on the hook on King of the Mountain. Once you've done that, what do you do? Take it back down. It's different for the sake of being different. The penalty box was good from what I remember.

Personally, I don't see the problem. Putting the belt on the hook fits the name "King Of The Mountain", implying that the first man to reach the summit and put his "flag" on it is the man at the top. Yes, they take it down, but it's hardly a big deal - nobody cares what happens after you've won.

Also, I don't think it is being different for the sake of it - it's being different for the sake of opening up potential new stories, new spots, new angles, new methods and new ways of entertaining the crowd. Keeping up the creative flow is a good way to keep people entertained with variety. It's not the only way of doing it, but it's useful, especially for a company like TNA, which doesn't have the superlative expertise WWE has in using production to add new dimensions and drama to the same things.

All this talk of King of the Mountain makes me realise how much I miss Jeff Jarrett. Is he entirely done with TNA? Are there no rumours knocking around?

• Paid Members
All this talk of King of the Mountain makes me realise how much I miss Jeff Jarrett. Is he entirely done with TNA? Are there no rumours knocking around?

I'm missing him as well. He got really good over his last couple of years on screen. I'm really hoping he's not, but given that Ring Ka King's finished and he doesn't seem to have been seen anywhere else in anything to do with TNA, it's sadly looking likely that he's gone. Massive shame.

Surely he'll be back as part of A&8 storyline eventually? He has to be one of the big hitters, either behind it with Bischoff or coming back to SAVE TNA~!

I've not watched TNA in ages, is the Aces and Eights storyline still bloody going on!?

That interested me when it started but I was out as soon as Devon was revealed.

• Paid Members
Surely he'll be back as part of A&8 storyline eventually? He has to be one of the big hitters, either behind it with Bischoff or coming back to SAVE TNA~!

I've not watched TNA in ages, is the Aces and Eights storyline still bloody going on!?

That interested me when it started but I was out as soon as Devon was revealed.

It's looking a lot better now. Since Devon, they've unmasked D.O.C. (Luke Gallows), Mike Knox, Wes Brisco and Garett Bischoff. The whole thing actually looks a lot better on the UK shows, in big arenas.

I'm surprised that you're surprised it's still going on - to me, it always looked like it was going to be a long-term storyline.

I'm missing him as well. He got really good over his last couple of years on screen. I'm really hoping he's not, but given that Ring Ka King's finished and he doesn't seem to have been seen anywhere else in anything to do with TNA, it's sadly looking likely that he's gone. Massive shame.

He's still working behind the scenes in TNA. He's the guy handling their international connections (AAA, Japan, etc.), developing new TV shows (AWW, RKK, Boot Camp and I assume the new PPV specials) and just generally doing other business-related stuff.

It is a shame he's no longer on TV though. Karen Jarrett too for that matter. They were absolutely tremendous together as an on-screen couple. Hopefully with Impact hitting the road soon they'll both be back soon.