Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The story was that even though ReAction was getting solid ratings (it averaged about 0.65) for the timeslot it was in (11pm) Spike decided against re-newing it since they expected even better ratings from the show for the money they were paying TNA to produce it.

Anyways, good to hear the show's coming back, even if it's on YouTube. ReAction was a great little show and often it was more enjoyable than Impact itself.

Indeed it has, although ironically it's the Borash-created Gut Check which has been the most innovative creation. I did like Reaction though, so glad to hear it's back. 30 mins is DEFINITELY enough though.

• Paid Members

That said, whilst I liked ReAction, this new "Backstage Pass" programme sounds like it's more of the same, only without kayfabe. Sounds like overkill, and a bit crap, really.

Personally, I think they should be creating their own version of "The Main Event" - that's a format worth following, and one that they've shown they can do well (see Joe vs. Angle @ Lockdown's build-up video).

More proof, if it were needed, that the WWE's name change hasn't been noticed outside of the wrestling bubble. TO the layman, WWF=wrestling.

• Paid Members
I think we must be within a couple of years of there being a UFC competitor who wasn't born when UFC 1 happened. We're definitely already there with WrestleMania -- I think Cody Rhodes might have been the first.

Or Kelly Kelly at Wrestlemania 25

Courtesy of ewrestlingnews

Dixie Carter revealed on Thursday night's Bellator MMA after iMPACT^! that she has signed Jeff Hardy to a deal that will keep him in the company for "a very long time."

I think this is a great move for TNA, especially with Impact going on the road. Hardy can be the recognised name to pull the potential punters in though local Radio and TV, especially if Hogan leaves after his contract expires later this year.