Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

How many times have heel's had to result to being homophobic, racist or mocking the disabled to get heat in the last 10 years? If you are a decent heel you don't need to resort to cheap heat tactics. All this does is shows you are shit at your job that the only way to get a crowd reaction is to be massively offensive 

One WWE Hall of Famer has been doing that quite a bit over the last couple of years. He currently holds the title of the President of the United States of America.

Serious question though, if instead of "retards" and "faggots" Sam Adonis called certain people in the crowd "niggers", "kikes", "camel jockeys" or "sperm buckets" would any of those have been less acceptable?

Using slurs like those used is pretty lame if you're trying to get over as a heel. Plus times are different now and some offensive terms just don't fly any more. Take the Dudley Boys' ECW Heatwave 99 pre-match promo - that worked at the time because (a) it was ECW, (b) it was the Dudley's, whose heel gimmick had a lot of thrash talking about opponents & the audience, and even in this case the knob was turned up to 11, and (c) it was the late 90's, and of it's time. It also helped that many that turned up to the event thought it was just another wrestling show locally that they brought their kids with them, increasing the shock factor. Even then the Dudley's barely got away with it. Fast forward to 2018 and any wrestler doing an in-ring promo now similar to what Bubba Ray did back then in the WWE, Impact, RoH or any self respecting indy they'd be either blackballed or fired without even a "future endeavours" reference.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately the world is currently full of people who think not offending people because of their race, gender or sexual orientation is "PC brigade" or "snowflake" (very original, daft cunt) behaviour rather than a matter of being a decent human being.

That's not to say it has no place in literature, cinema or TV if you're telling a stroy because unfortunately (again), there are still plenty of rodents out there who do hold dispicable views about other people and act upon them.

Is pro-wrestling one of those places? Call me a "snowflake" if you like (you unoriginal, daft cunt) but I think not. The number of wrestling companies who have ever been capable of telling a story that sophisticated you can count on one hand, it's utterly unecessary given the millions of ways you can draw heat without having to be a bottom feeder and it's not something anyone and their children are buying a ticket to see and hear.

If you can't get heat without calling people "faggots", you need to get another job because you're fucking shit at this one.

Sam Adonis response to his actions at Rev Pro:

Sam Adonis‏ @RealSamAdonis 11h11 hours ago

More

I did a "Pro Trump" gimmick in Mexico and I was called racist. The wresting fans let the story unfold then accepted me as one of their own. A book can never be understood by reading only the first chapter.  #enjoytheride

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just because they’re” not supposed to be nice” doesn’t give them free-reign to just say anything though. ‘Not being nice’ and ‘being a dick’ are different things. They pick a person out of a crowd, they don’t know what that person has been through in their lives. In terms of homophonic slurs, what if that crowd member is gay and had a very difficult time time coming out or they don’t talk to relatives because of attitudes towards their sexuality. There are other factors to consider, you can’t just play it off as “it’s a work, get over it”

In kayfabe terms, a heel doesn’t view themselves as the bad guy, they’re doing what the see as the right way and are completely justified in what they do & say, which adds a whole other layer to spouting homophobic, racist or any other derogatory slur.

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Unfortunately the world is currently full of people who think not offending people because of their race, gender or sexual orientation is "PC brigade" or "snowflake" (very original, daft cunt) behaviour rather than a matter of being a decent human being.

That's not to say it has no place in literature, cinema or TV if you're telling a stroy because unfortunately (again), there are still plenty of rodents out there who do hold dispicable views about other people and act upon them.

Is pro-wrestling one of those places? Call me a "snowflake" if you like (you unoriginal, daft cunt) but I think not. The number of wrestling companies who have ever been capable of telling a story that sophisticated you can count on one hand, it's utterly unecessary given the millions of ways you can draw heat without having to be a bottom feeder and it's not something anyone and their children are buying a ticket to see and hear.

If you can't get heat without calling people "faggots", you need to get another job because you're fucking shit at this one.

I really think the answer is if you are likely to be offended by a paid professional doing a job you have chosen to pay and go and watch is not to ever go outside your front door and just stay in watching pink wonderful fluffy TV programs.

How the hell can anyone be offended by someone calling them a schoolyard name but not be offended by a bloke sticking his Hampton up their Jackson ?

And don't start me off about sodding disabled people paying fuck all to get in a show and then demanding the best seats in the front row blocking everyone's view with their obscenely large chariots of flidness.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, NotAlexShane said:

I really think the answer is if you are likely to be offended by a paid professional doing a job you have chosen to pay and go and watch is not to ever go outside your front door and just stay in watching pink wonderful fluffy TV programs.

How the hell can anyone be offended by someone calling them a schoolyard name but not be offended by a bloke sticking his Hampton up their Jackson ?

And don't start me off about sodding disabled people paying fuck all to get in a show and then demanding the best seats in the front row blocking everyone's view with their obscenely large chariots of flidness.

Troll or not, you are a piece of shit.

Without seeming to back the man up, people do get banned to quickly on here? I quite like the musing of trolls like cat crater or not alex shane, makes things interesting. It’s not like everyone doesnt know they are probably trolling, why not leave them be? Anyone who takes the trolls serious need a chill pill.

should have put that in the unpopular thread i guess.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Without seeming to back the man up, people do get banned to quickly on here? I quite like the musing of trolls like cat crater or not alex shane, makes things interesting. It’s not like everyone doesnt know they are probably trolling, why not leave them be? Anyone who takes the trolls serious need a chill pill.

should have put that in the unpopular thread i guess.

😒 My report finger just got real itchy.