Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

WWN aka Evolve etc, the first FloSports announcement. Could be interesting for their WWE relationship.

Changing the Game, For the Athletes, The Events, and The Fans Navigation

WWN Live

FloSports Announces Five-Year Agreement With WWNLive To Live Stream All Events on FloSlam.tv

Exclusive Worldwide Partnership Includes EVOLVE, SHINE, Full Impact Pro, and WWN Supershow

Austin, TX (Oct. 24, 2016) – FloSports today announced a five-year partnership with World Wrestling Network Live (WWNLive) to make FloSlam.tv the exclusive worldwide streaming partner of all WWNLive properties, including EVOLVE, SHINE, Full Impact Pro and WWN Supershow.

The agreement begins Friday, Nov. 4, with live coverage of SHINE 38 from Ybor City, Fla. There will be live coverage of approximately 60 events annually on FloSlam as part of this deal.

“We’re excited to serve die-hard pro wrestling fans with live streams of some of the best independent promotions in the world,” FloSports co-founder and CEO Martin Floreani said. “This is a groundbreaking agreement that will take WWNLive to new heights.”

In addition to live coverage and replays of all future WWNLive promotions, FloSlam will host archives from all WWNLive events dating back to 2003 and will produce a series of original documentaries focusing on the lives and stories of the athletes who compete in pro wrestling events across the world.

“Everyone at WWN is excited to be partnering with such an innovative and groundbreaking company like FloSports,” said Sal Hamaoui, President of WWN, Inc. “I recently had the opportunity to meet and speak with their senior management and take a firsthand look at their operations in Austin, Texas. To say that I was impressed with the overall knowledge of their team, the quality of their live streams and their user-friendly platforms would be an understatement. This relationship will allow us to continue to serve and expand our loyal, passionate fan base who will have access to all WWN-branded events at a very affordable monthly or annual price.”

Top independent pro wrestling stars including Timothy Thatcher, Matt Riddle, Zack Sabre Jr., Tony Nese, and Drew Gulak will be featured in upcoming events.

FloSlam users can access all live streams and premium content on the site via monthly ($20/month introductory price) or annual ($150/year) FloPRO subscription. Annual subscribers to FloSlam receive a universal pass to all premium content across the FloSports network, including FloWrestling, FloGrappling, FloCombat, FloKO and others.

In addition, FloSlam content is available on all screens now with the recent launch of the FloSports’ Roku and Apple TV apps.

$20 still likely not for everyone but would be good value for some if you were buying all Evolve IPPV's. I'd expect others will be coming. They've taken off references to WWE shows but ROH Final Battle is listed on the Events page.

04KopF1.jpg

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Did Big Damo start out in Hammerlock? I didn't know that. Haven't seen him wrestle before, but really like his look.

Taynara Melo de Carvalho stands out from that list- Brazilian with black belt in judo. Google search confirms she's quite a looker, too.

He was, yeah.  The first time I ever saw him he was in a tag match on an SWA show.  He teamed with Paul Tracey as Team NWA:Ireland.  This was in 2005 and even then you could tell he was going to be world class.  Pretty sure they were up against The Lady Killers who were Chris Renfrew and Chris Charizma.

• Paid Members

I like how they have to tell you which one she is as though Peterbrough is populated with ex models.

Dynamite Kid's wife has started a GoFundMe page to raise ÂŁ20k to help bring him home.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-dynamite-kid-com-home-2v5ubr6c

I genuinely don't know how I feel about that. She may even raise the money as I'm sure he has enough fans around the world that would contribute. If people want to donate, it is of course their choice. But when people who were once famous and squandered everything to then ask fans to donate when times are hard, I find it a bit hard to accept when people in just as much need (and in most cases, more need) who have never had anything and have lead a life of honesty and decency, would never be in a position to do the same.

Still, if he's desperate and has a chance to raise the money, why wouldn't he?

Edit: just seen post above :(

I notice that Chris Jericho has donated ÂŁ2000 to this as well. How many Go Fund Me style appeals has he made a sizable donation to now?