Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Yeah basically. I was in no way claiming it be a fresh idea. I just don't see the point of having two secondary titles exactly the same. Only time there is more value to either of them depends on who is holding it. They don't really have any hierarchy, there's no goals.

There should be system of achievement which we have to watch wrestlers go through as they grow.

NXT Jobber

NXT wrestler (meaning they now have stories and such.)

Crowd approval

NXT Champion

WWE Television Title

Crowd approval

Wrestlemania match

WWE Intercontinental/US Title (depending which one they keep.

WWE Maineventer

WWE Champion

Wrestlemania headliner

It's a pretty simple system and should be common sense, but WWE have no grasp of it.

(This is also why NXT matches on Raw or at Wrestlemania are stupid.)

It's a pretty awful system. Have everyone start as a loser then slowly work their way up the card?

• Paid Members

Yeah basically. I was in no way claiming it be a fresh idea. I just don't see the point of having two secondary titles exactly the same. Only time there is more value to either of them depends on who is holding it. They don't really have any hierarchy, there's no goals.

There should be system of achievement which we have to watch wrestlers go through as they grow.

NXT Jobber

NXT wrestler (meaning they now have stories and such.)

Crowd approval

NXT Champion

WWE Television Title

Crowd approval

Wrestlemania match

WWE Intercontinental/US Title (depending which one they keep.

WWE Maineventer

WWE Champion

Wrestlemania headliner

It's a pretty simple system and should be common sense, but WWE have no grasp of it.

(This is also why NXT matches on Raw or at Wrestlemania are stupid.)

It's a pretty awful system. Have everyone start as a loser then slowly work their way up the card?

It's not really, it's a natural hierarchy. Not everyone has to start at the same point depending on their ability.

It's why I don't see any need to merge the IC and US titles. You can have two mid card belts as long as they don't try to be the same thing. They should have attached the open challenge "contract" to the US Title permanently. That would have made it a TV Title of sorts.

• Paid Members

Where there's a turn up ... from Sports Illustrated.

On Monday the WWE will announce that Showtime boxing announcer Mauro Ranallo will become the new voice of WWE SmackDown when the show moves to the USA Network on Jan. 7 (at 8 p.m. ET.) Ranallo called the international feed for the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight and has called boxing, kickboxing and MMA for national outlets. USA Network will air SmackDown every Thursday night beginning Jan. 7. USA also airs Monday Night Raw live 52 weeks a year.

15 years after the rumour that he was going to be the announcer for the WWF version of WCW, he's finally signed.

• Paid Members

They've signed him because they found out the bloke who commentated on Floyd/Pacman was doing wrestling. So changing his name would have been mad on their part. Not like that's stopped them before.

I'm the opposite of Colin. I find Ranallo tedious as anything other than a wrestling announcer. His fake movie trailer voice and pre-arragned catchphrases dont do it for me in anything other than a pretend fighting setting. Stunned TNA or Lucha Underground never tried to bring him on board.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

Angle was in fact on Radio 2 this afternoon, brief interview but quite interesting. Cursory plugs for the TNA tour (the final time he's wrestling in the UK... "For TNA", he quickly added), lots of nice words about Hogan and Cena, quite open about how sports entertainment works mixed in with how many injuries he's had, quite nice about both Vince and Dixie. Also mentioned he left WWE because his body was too knackered to be wrestling every night - but it sounded like it was his decision to go.