Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
The end of the day it was 66thousand illegal downloads if you do the math 66,000 X$15 equals $990,000.

S. Maths.

• Paid Members

Yeah "66,000" has to be way off there, I've never noticed his shows on the bigger sites.

On a related note, have noticed recently Watch Wrestling now put a view count on their videos. Lucha Underground appear to have more people watching there than on El Rey. No wonder Matt Striker likes telling people to go watch it "by whatever means".

It's probabaly page impressions so there's likely some double counting, but still, I love the idea there are apparently 20,000 people watching ROH's TV on there rather than watching it legally on ROH's own site. Love a good illegal stream do wrestling fans.

Edited by Benno

Brookside is a fantastic trainer. He works you hard but as you say, to test your physical (and mental) limits. Absolute sound guy. It's no surprise he's now training the WWE guys. You can imagine Triple H likes him, what with the Regal association.

To add to this, one of Brookside's strengths was that he supported and work around your limitations, and ultimately you felt supported and encouraged.

The end of the day it was 66thousand illegal downloads if you do the math 66,000 X$15 equals $990,000.

S. Maths.

YEAH! and it's £, not $. The fool.

:laugh: Well played. Air_Raid is great but if he's gonna start picking holes in American grammar then he's going to have a major task on his hands.

• Paid Members

What he should look at, and what companies hardly ever seem to regard, is  how many of those 66000 would have never viewed the product if it weren't for that illegal site.

How many of those 66000 went on to order from Dreamer after their illegal viewing? 

• Paid Members

Yeah he comes across a right tit here! It's been bugging me since reading it that he thinks he's lost that money. He would never of had it. TBH, I'm too lazy to stream it, I would possibly watch it if it was on the WWE Network, but certainly not go out my way

they said they are a Third party hosting site it is not illegal in their country China so go after the the Daily Motion YouTube and other sites that are showing it & to go F*CK off.

:laugh: If Dreamer didn't account for his fanbase being the sort of people who watch everything illegally online then he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Promoters trying their hands at the internet is going to be the best thing about wrestling over the next few years. It's already pushed Vince over the edge.

So Justin Roberts has been trashing WWE, apparently he's been saying that the fans deserve better than the garbage they give them every Monday night.  Also reckons the WWE is dying a slow death. 

Funny how he said it was his dream job and he couldn't believe he got paid for it, he also sent endless tweets about how much he loved the company.

That was of course until he got fired.  Sour grapes Justin?

Edited by Glass Smash

There's no money in being a WWE guy when you're outside the tent.

The non-WWE wrestling market laps up anti-WWE tirades and will a) pay to see/hear their stories and b) allow anti-WWE people into their gang.

It's been happening for years.

• Paid Members

What Tommy Dreamer fails to understand - so many of those locked into "old" media do - is that very few people want to steal. People will pay a fair price for something if they want it. The trick is negotiating that fair price. $15 for a live PPV seems fair. But then you should also make it available very soon afterwards as a download for a fraction of that. $1 from 66,000 people is better than nothing.

To quickly go back to the discussion about trainers not having great personal careers. I just assumed it was because if you have an average but solid career, then being a trainer is the logical way to pay the bills after retirement.

A career at the top means you don't have to fuck around with that shit. HBK turned out some great wrestlers when he had a school, but he doesn't need to do that anymore after his last run

A career at the top means you don't

have to fuck around with that shit. HBK turned out some great wrestlers when he had a school, but he doesn't need to do that anymore after his last run

I think most of those guys credit their actual day to day training to rudy boy gonzales and jose lothario, although i could be wrong on that.

Sounds to me like the mob Dreamer has working for him are yanking his chain to further their engagement/fees. "Tommy, as a client and a friend, we don't think you can take this lying down. Pay us to sort this for you".

Dreamer's apparent distance from reality reminds me of Honky Tonk Man ranting in one of his numerous RF shoot interviews about how Titan Towers was uber secure and you can't get from one part of the building to another without a keycard. Just like practically every other office I've ever set foot in, but if you don't know better you can make a big story outta it.

A career at the top means you don't

have to fuck around with that shit. HBK turned out some great wrestlers when he had a school, but he doesn't need to do that anymore after his last run

I think most of those guys credit their actual day to day training to rudy boy gonzales and jose lothario, although i could be wrong on that.

Regardless of how hands on HBK was, the point still stands that he no longer has to do stuff like that since making better money