Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

his spin kick and pure athletic ability is unbelievable. especially for an englishman.

Given the athleticism of the Dynamite Kid, Rollerball Rocco, Paul Burchill, Adrian Neville, Jody Fleisch, Doug Williams, Spud, Jonny Storm and many others, this statement is a little odd.

• Paid Members

London's PROGRESS Wrestling featured in a 10 minute slot on Trans World Sport on Channel 4 this morning.

Really good piece, I thought, filmed at the September show, but also interviewing the owners, trainer and a trainee. Everyone comes over fantastically and the piece is careful to capture the essence and character of the shows.

Faces you might recognise from British Bootcamp like Dave Mastiff, El Ligero, Mark Andrews, RJ Singh, Martin Stone, Sha Samuels and Marty Scurll are all there, as well as the ex-TNA likes of Doug Williams and Mark Haskins.

So, yeah. Catch it on repeat or catch-up service if you can.

• Paid Members

Read on Twitter Sting could be appearing this Sunday. Could be nonsense

I think there's more than a good chance they're going to be doing something big, given that this event will potentially have more eyes on it than ever before. They want to come out strong with some kind of hook to get people to keep their Network.

• Paid Members

I'd have him interfere and help Cena's team win and begin a feud with Triple H.

I would love this, but then that leaves Ryback in a bit of a lurch. Unless they have him be the one to beat Rusev.

Sting is there to promote something, the Authority take out a Member of Team Cena, and Sting rocks up to the main event as substitute. Cue huge, huge pop and the start of a feud with HHH.

Someone said they've got a big potential PPV audience tomorrow due to the WWE free network offer.  I think giving away Sting in a multi-man tag would make a special occasion and help sell tickets for his eventual first one on one match, not hurt it.