Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Ken Shamrock wants back in...

"First of all, I want people to realize that it is hard to see all the old stars come back to Hall of Fame stuff and me not be included in all these things. I accomplished more than anyone in 2 years at WWF and I was part of one of the biggest matches that started the attitude era with Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold. That match changed wrestling to what it is today. There is not a peep from anyone within WWE. I don't know why they won't give me a shot in the WWE and to challenge for the WWE title. I have reached out through many different types of media and the only thing I've heard back is that they're doing okay and don't need me. I say that if you're gonna be bringing people back from the attitude era and before that then I don't understand why you wouldn't bring me back. There seems to be a black mark against me and I don't understand it."

• Paid Members

Shamrock's Benoit territory if you are wanting to keep away from people who might end up killing someone. I'm certain he's a legit nutter. I remember Kevin Kelly's WWF Timeline podcasts, he mentioned there was a big sigh of relief when he left to do MMA again because nobody wanted to be around him. He's apparently just a hard person to deal with on a day to day basis. X-Pac mentioned he saw Ken recently and was shitting himself that Shamrock might want to punch his face in because he was seeing his ex-girlfriend for a while.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah those chair shots were some of the nastiest I've seen. Especially that one where Shamrock was on his knees and Rock just blasted him straight in the face.

To be honest, I might even pick X-Pac over Shamrock in a fight these days. Shamrock's head looks like a Bo Selecta mask these days and in his last few years fighting it looked like he'd go over from a sharp wind or a strong fart in his general direction.

• Paid Members

I could see X-Pac connecting with one of those spin kicks and knocking out Shamrock, but also tearing his arsehole as he stretched, so they'd both be out. I'd love to see that race to see if Shamrock can wakeup and take advantage against X-Pac crawling to a nearby hospital with his arse pissing blood.

There's an attraction for the next Bellator PPV.

• Moderators

George Scott has passed away according to Observer Radio. Very imprtant figure in wrestling being a large part of the expansion and in the Carolinas changing it from a tag team territory, and the life and times in the WO will make for a very interesting read.

George Scott passes away

George Scott, a major player in pro wrestling for more than 40 years, passed away last night at his home in Indian Rocks Beach, FL, from lung cancer.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Copies of correspondence between the Ultimate Warrior & Vince McMahon back in 1991 have leaked. This is relating to the time Warrior allegedly "held up" Vince for money back at Summerslam.

Original letter: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-NNkZSWAAY...xaUk/edit?pli=1

Transcription: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12CfFOEh...7yAQ/edit?pli=1

Edited by DCW

UKFF Awards voting will end this weekend, so if anyone hasn't got around to it yet please crack on.

I looked at the figures tonight to see if votes were still coming in, and there have been up to 30 more votes in some categories since Sunday afternoon. So I will leave them open a few more days.

In most of the Awards there are less than 3 votes splitting first & second place and also second & third place, so things could still change.