Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
I miss Carlito but not the apple gimmick. Would love to have him return in good shape, and minus the afro as a much tougher character. I completely agree about the potential but with the right gimmick and the opportunity he could be the next Rock.

e4013442e9b0c436096d37949fce06fe.jpg

Those are some pretty good gnomes to be fair. I prefer the more crude ones I posted because it makes them a bit funnier/light hearted. Plus with the ones Pictos posted I'd be more tempted to collect them all, at which point it goes from being funny to a little sad.

Think my girlfriend has had a Ghostbusters one made for my birthday (but I'm not supposed to know that yet.)

Just read that Ted DiBiase, Jr. has left WWE, seems like it was his decision. Makes sense, how often has he been on TV over the past year?

• Paid Members

I think Ted Dibiase Jr would make a good living outside WWE. He's the odd mix of potential gimmick and serious worker. He could do the Davey Boy Smith Jr route and do great in Japan. Or he could go to ROH and come across as a big fish in a little pond. Or he could go on the loop with his Dad doing special attraction bookings for high paying indies based on ex-WWF/WWE wrestlers. There's a lot he could do outside WWE.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, he's enough about him to make some money outside the WWE. He always just lacked that bit of charisma or presence to separate himself from the herd.

I can't see him going to far afield, though. The fact that he's a new father seems to have informed his decision.

• Paid Members

If he decides to get back in the business once the baby is a little older, I think Ian's spot on about there being a place in Japan for him.

His wrestling style would suit, I think, and Japan loved itself some Ted Sr. back in the day.

• Paid Members
I'd love MVP back.

Not for me. I never really took to him in his WWE run although it coincided with my period of "lowest level of interest in WWE ever" and I never really went back and watched any of his most lauded matches, I only really caught him on Rumbles, in Elimination Chambers or at Manias. But I have seen him live eight times between the '11 and '12 G1 Climaxes - his style I find really boring, and his in-ring persona grates on me, I find him really smug and unlikeable. In eight matches of his I saw, the only brief moment of enjoyment he brought me was how happy I was when Karl Anderson pinned him at the finals in 2011.

Actually fuck it, bring him back as a heel. It would prompt me to get into more of the babyfaces matches, wanting them to beat the cunt.

I've not seen any of his Jap stuff, but when he first turned up in WWE the whole gimmick felt fresh and modern somehow, the cocky and brash quick talking big sports star who in WWE of the time had a bit of a distinctive look without going overboard, and he carried it really well and often put out good matches.

He was much better as a heel I always thought and I used to love to hate him because that character of a brash smug superstar prima donna was close enough to real life, yet turned up enough, to be super fun.

He was never a main event name, which as I've said before on here isn't a bad thing. Great midcard names make for a more entertaining top to bottom show for me.

Dibiase Jr was/is shite, when he was in the crowd and turned face on Cody it was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen, he was only ever interesting with his dad or Maryse by his side, plus when he talks he reminds of the Lawnmower Man before Pierce Brosnan made him clever

So, does anyone think that Dibiase's been contacted by Dixie yet?

Granted, TNA are cutting back on talent, but given his name (both the fact that WWE can't stop him from using it, and the fact it also belongs to his legendary dad) youth and experience I can imagine him being courted at least.

• Paid Members

I doubt it. They can't afford to keep Devon Dudley and So Cal Val. I doubt they plan on bringing someone in that really makes no difference to them. Could be wrong, but I think there's no chance of that happening. TNA is in a bad way at the minute. I dont think they are in a position to be offering anyone of a contract.

Shockingly, even the great Mr. Andersons contract is up soon and they won't renew it. Shame :(

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay