Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

PWLaptopAids reports:

Don't be shocked to see some former WWE mid-card names returning to the company in the near future. In recent weeks, there has been a push from several top talents for the company to bring back some former talents that were released in the past but were solid hands.

The word is that WWE management has taken the suggestion to heart as the company has never been so thin on talent across the board. We are told they are looking at bringing back some names that can populate the mid-card to work with younger names and help bring them along, as well as provide some solid work on the show.

I am told there is a short list of potential names they are interested in, but the company has not yet begun contacting talents. That process could begin any time.

Carlito and MVP are two of the names being battered about. I think its definitely something they need to do. Have recognisable names wrestle the Cesaros and Sandows of this world.

I like the idea of bringing back some of the old mid card. I always felt their was more mileage left in the likes of MVP and Master.

Now if only there was some sort of multi man gimmick ppv that was coming up that could benefit from a lot of surprise entrances. Mmmmmm....

• Paid Members

This idea reminds me of THE OLDEN DAYS so I approve. The Fed was so much better when they kept around the Valentines and Santanas LONG after they were true stars and potential title holders, and they happily went over all the real no hopers then made the stars-in-waiting look great. One of Perfect's Intercontinental title defences against Chico on Saturday Nights's Main Event is one of my favourite matches for this exact reason, in smark mode we know there is no chance Santana will win, but they go all out and Perfect looks stronger at the end.

This idea reminds me of THE OLDEN DAYS so I approve. The Fed was so much better when they kept around the Valentines and Santanas LONG after they were true stars and potential title holders, and they happily went over all the real no hopers then made the stars-in-waiting look great. One of Perfect's Intercontinental title defences against Chico on Saturday Nights's Main Event is one of my favourite matches for this exact reason, in smark mode we know there is no chance Santana will win, but they go all out and Perfect looks stronger at the end.

I'd settle for it just not being like when they brought Tatanka and Animal back.

• Paid Members

Duggan was perfect to have on the road though. He always gets a reaction. Its like All Star. He brings the American flag out and everyone is happy.

I remember those podcasts that the old writers used to do. USA Network had a campaign going on at the time called "Characters Welcome" or something, so Vince went "why are their no characters. Fill the roster up", so they had all sorts knocking about. Boogeyman, the Mexicools, Super Porky was even there for a bit. And they wanted a Native American so they phoned Tatanka up. Alex Greenfield was the writer at the time and he said they did a load of vignettes where they took Tatanka to some Indian Chief and he became a reborn super version of Tatanka and he was going to be pushed huge. They spent thousands of dollars on it, and one day they just went "this isn't going to work" and got rid of him. I have no memory of this at all. Did those vignettes even air? I'm just imagining what a Super Tatanka would look like.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
This, wasn't it?

178_T1FullPaint.jpg

That was a little later, when he turned heel because he thought the refs were shit and thus costing him matches. The paint was supposed to represent injustice, or something.

The version of Tatanka who returned after the adoption into the Lakota tribe vignettes looked just the same, he just won matches for a bit.

Yeah, it would be really good to see Carlito and MVP comback. They'd both be ace surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble, and MVP was world class until that dreadful face turn where they turned him into a dislikeable cunt (i suppose, like they do with most of the faces)

I'd assume they'd have John Morrison coming back sooner rather than later too?

Edited by Cobra1000